Broken events in Arah Explorable Dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

@ Dagrin I concur with your observation. We were in a pug yesterday and tried to get through Lupicus. Needless to say we failed because most players didn’t have appropriate gear and lacked the necessary skills to doge when required. Although I always managed to survive his projectiles I noticed the same thing; and it’s not just Lupicus. I also noticed the same thing with the Subject Alpha EOA circles in CoE. If your at the outer edge of the circles you’ll still get hit and unlike Lupicus those hit really hard.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Has anyone else noticed a decided lack of accuracy with Lupicus’ and his projectile circles? three different members of our group tonight in Path 3 were killed by the mass projectile attack when we were decidedly out of the circles. We are going to try it again tomorrow and i will take video of it if no one else has seen this issue. The attack is difficult enough to dodge as it is, but if the warning circles are inaccurate, that is just mean. Any tips would be appreciated.

Yes, the warning circles are innaccurate. I think it’s because they "predict’ where the projectile is going to land (Like the balls in Rata Sum fractal 10+), but then they do that swirly thing that they do and therefore land a bit outside of the circle. They seem to be more accurate the closer they are, but if you’re further away it’s safer/easier to watch the projectiles rather than the circles.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You should pretty much ignore the circles and use immunity skill or 2-3 dodges/blocks.

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

You should pretty much ignore the circles and use immunity skill or 2-3 dodges/blocks.

That being the case i would submit that this is an issue that should be addressed by Anet. Why have the circles if they are not accurate? It is misleading and quite frustrating. Being that the majority of players have 2 dodges max and only a few have immunity, if you can dodge out of the circles at all, then you should be rewarded by not having your face torn in half by a bouncing green snot ball.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Wethospu.6437

Everyone can dodge twice which is usually enough. Every class also has access to evade/block on medium-cooldown.
But I agree it is frustrating if you actually try to play it smart.

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

Lupicus:
-Resetting at random times (I’ve only experienced this once, it was when he was supposed to change to the 2nd phase but he regenerated to full HP instead)

This happened to my group the other night while trying path 3. We had finally gotten through the majority of Phase 2, but three of the five of us died. He reset even though the last two players were still attacking him in combat range.

Also, I’m not sure if another path to Lupicus is supposed to open from the North waypoint, but the door remained closed the entire time.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Path 2, during final boss fight, 2nd phase. Teleported whole team where 4 technicians and 4 deadeyes stand for apparently no reason. Boss resetted of course.

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

The green snots he throws and the circles are accurate but they bounce around after hitting the ground, thats why it seems like they arnt accurate.

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

Wethospu.6437

Path 2, during final boss fight, 2nd phase. Teleported whole team where 4 technicians and 4 deadeyes stand for apparently no reason. Boss resetted of course.

Did terminal get destroyed? I guess adds may continue attacking it.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Path 2: It is too long.

Lupi’s aoe range is more than shown when he goes to sky slowly.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

haviz.1340

Did terminal get destroyed? I guess adds may continue attacking it.

We were in phase 2 so I wasn’t really paying attention to adds anymore.

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Just had attempt at Simin second time.

- sparks are not entering smoothly, whats even bigger problem is that by the time u get sparks to enter its already kind of too late since regen is insanely high

- tried 4/1 strategy it works until phase 3 but then boss just resets again if u dont have insane dps
- we had thief with poison + 2 warriors full dpsing it
- tried luring Simin out where she don’t enter stealth, not working anymore

Overall bad design of boss in my opinion. Lots of people who finished it used glitches, very small amount of them actually did how it was intended with insane dps. Btw we had dungeon master in party, who got title with glitch.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

The green snots he throws and the circles are accurate but they bounce around after hitting the ground, thats why it seems like they arnt accurate.

That being the case, I submit that the circles be adjusted to account for the “bouncing” or not have them bounce. There is enough going on in that fight than to have to worry about random deaths due to explosions that happen ten feet away from where you are standing outside of a circle. Just my two cents, the thread was begun with the premise that people submit things that appear broken… to me dying when outside of the circle, the instant that globs hit the ground is a problem.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

(edited by Dagrin the Ethereal.8371)

Posted by: tanksferaskin.6487

tanksferaskin.6487

We Finally got through Path four last night. Simin took us 2 hours, but she is do-able. We used the 4 / 1 strat, but had issues with DPS. We finally got her pulled out so thief could stab from behind. We had a little luck and downed her. Sparks now will float into spots and stay…. something they never did before, so there was a change to this fight by devs. We noticed it that in the kill video posted and decided to re-run her. Our group was 1 necro, 1 warrior, 2 ele’s, and a thief. We put necro on tear duty…he dotted her up and thew tears, while we ghetto stomped her face.

spoiler alert WE FOUND FINAL BOSS HAS BUG!! I haven’t researched it more yet, but final bloodshard went invisible to players in the group. Only two people could see it by the end of the fight to attack it.

Posted by: Kalea.9167

Kalea.9167

Path 4. Three attempts so far.

1) On the second attempt, high dps group, 3 warriors, guardian, ranger, front half of the run was clean and fast. End up in front of Lupi and he would not activate. Just sat there all green and asleep. Everything we tried would not work. Letting NPC die, letting us suicide in the room outside, waypointing running back, going back to kill the champion spider that we had skipped. Nothing.

The only similarity to other things mentioned on the forums regarding Lupi not waking up is the NPC died in a trash pull in the room outside Lupi.

I’ve had Lupi activate properly on the first run when we skipped the champion spider and much of the dungeon’s trash, as well as the third when the NPC also died but we had killed the spider (to hope Lupi didn’t bug out).

2) Simin
What isn’t there to say. Tried every possible way to do this. Between the first and third run I’d say spent over 10 hours on this boss. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Sparks and Pets/NPCs
    Sparks aggro on pets. Thanks for making it so I cannot take my ranger on this path. Or that if I do, I have to alt out to get my mesmer for this fight. Even standing WAY OUTSIDE the cave, and using Guard to send the pet away, if something goes wrong and someone is downed, petrified, etc, no way to help. If there are two rangers?! Forget it. Only dungeon/path in the game where you pretty much cannot take a pet class. The pet AI is too bad. No way to put the pet away and keep the sparks off of it.
  • Sparks and their ‘Holes’
    They won’t go in them. We tried the ’let’s fight the boss in the middle of the room, grab sparks, and run in a circle around the pole in a stack in unison so that the sparks have NO WHERE ELSE TO GO!!!’ strategy. This failed. Why? Because the sparks decide to go off or bounce or follow oddly, or won’t follow. You move across the hole, and they go the other way.
  • Outside the cave, red circles/target areas for AOE
    Maybe this is supposed to be a huge clue that you should be inside the cave; but honestly don’t know. For all the attempts that I did outside the cave, the red circles were nearly impossible to see due to the glare of the contrast of the sky/water/sand/death background whatever. Honestly they weren’t that easy to see inside. I had to adjust my gamma for that fight, and this means playing in fullscreen vs. windowed fullscreen for that fight. Please make them more visible.
  • Healing at a fixed percentage regardless of time invisible
    The whole “she heals at 45%” (or whatever)… so how can you get her below 45%? In some cases, flawless execution yielded such fast cloaking and healing that we lost ground even with perfect spark runs. Makes no sense. No time for it to be the DPS’s fault or lacking.

I don’t know if this is being explained properly. We could have a series of perfect runs, to the point of her having less and less and less health each time she unstealthed. One would think that this would lead to the boss dying. Not the boss eventually ending up full health because there was some random interval that she healed at.

The boss should not heal at some random interval that denies the possibility of success. It certainly seems that it does.

3) NPC’s.
The NPC cannot die fast enough. Lupicus? Get a grub on it. Simin? In the way for sparks. How many times do we have to run a boss through an extra phase just because someone rez’d the NPC or the stupid NPC did something… well… stupid. It’s fine if the AI is bad, just let us keep it out of the way. Or kill it. Faster.
And let’s not talk about the NPC’s.

4) Tears and Petrify
It was hit or miss, ha ha ha, not funny, that too often tears did not clear petrify. Person with debuff? Check. In target area? Check. Tear thrown? Check. Petrify cleared? Nope. What’s up with that?

So in three runs of path 4, I had one great run up to Lupi that was completely a failure because Lupi wouldn’t do anything. One nasty pug experience that was 8 hours long (though admittedly it was at its five hour or so mark the first Simin pull) and entirely believable that people weren’t avoiding the “fire” but the spark runs were near flawless, DPS probably lacking. One hardcore guild run that was nearly 8 hours where we got to Simin inside an hour and half with three people never having done Lupi before and burned through everything else like paper — but couldn’t deal with Simin because of Sparks not locking into where they were supposed to be, which consequently let Simin heal too much every single time. And even though we were always making headway, this one fact meant that if ANYONE got petrified or had issues during the spark stage or transition, it would be a failed phase.

Please fix this. Sick and tired of bugs.

(edited by Kalea.9167)

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Same issues with the priestess of Dwayna at the end of path4. Several hours trying to kill her, 2 times. Each time we finally gave up. This paths has been blocking me for months now, preventing countless dungeon runs from counting toward the “hobby dungeon explorer” achivement.

1st run : long ago (October ?), with my guild. Started at 10:30 PM. Gave up at 4 AM (!!!) because of dwayna. Too much heal when she stealths, BUGGY sparks not going into their holes because they had odd behavior and because sometimes they don’t trigger holes even if they are in them, and petrify issue. We benefited twice from some bug that let us go under the 50% impossible cap, but each time she stealthed again at 25%, ruinning everything.
We discovered the day after, by looking at more youtube videos, that people were using friendly bugs in order to compensate the foe ones (foe bug = bug that prevents the boss from being killed. friendly bug = bug that makes the fight easier). One of them being to hit through stealth.

2nd run : end December, with pugs. Just like for Kalea, Lupicus decided not to attack us. Nice of him. But some magic ties the door to him, so his kindness blocked us. We tried everything just like Kalea, + even all go out of dungeon and come back fast enough before the instance was destroyed.

3rd run : end December too (right after the other one, with other pugs). Tried everything. The “hit while the boss is invisibile”, probably the only realiable way of killing her, had been nerfed some weeks before (!! Why did you nerf this without also fixing the bugs that made this the only solution ?).
We ended using another bug which consists of (a) kill the boss to 50% HP (b) only put 4 sparks in holes © let the boss reset to 100% hp so she is visible again © kill to 50% again (d) nice ! only have to use 1 spark instead of 5. But this technique (which in fact is an exploit which should be closed once the boss isn’t buggy anymore) was not enough : let us kill the boss to 25% hp, but then she goes invisible again and we have to run 5 sparks. Impossible to do it fast enough. We have sometimes done several “perfect” runs in a row, but each time we were not able to kill her to less than 25%. Worse, each time she would go invisible at a higher hp (25% → sparks → boss at 35% → hit her and at 30% she goes invisible → sparks → boss at 40% → hit her and she is invisible at 35% … until she is back to 50%).
Once again, we gave up after some hours of fight.

I read in another thread that you have changed the sparks behavior (will it come live with next update ?). This is very nice, and I was really happy to read it. But imho, it is probably not enough. This update will sure save us lots of hours since no more bug will let the boss regenerate 30% more hp than she should, so only our skill will determine the time of the spark runs. But I have seen that fast sparks runs are not enough to kill this boss.
I suggest that the healing rate of the boss should be decreased a little, too. And that she shouldn’t stealth at x% (x = 25 or 50) if she already did it at the same x% less than 2 minutes before (or another amount of time).

Don’t over-nerf her like the end boss of CoF p1 or (which went from “nearly impossible” to “this boss is killed with auto attack”) or the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan (which went from “not really hard fight, but long and epic, and the little music after it makes everything more epic” to “beware not using any other skill than auto attack or you will not have time to have fun and even like this it is too fast”).
It would be good to find a nice difficulty level that would still be an interesting fight, but would not block a party of 5 good players after the 2-3 hours needed to reach her. Or switch her with Balthazar so that we don’t fail after such a long path :-)

haviz.1340

-snip-

Lupi doesn’t turn red when Randall is dead when you get inside the arena. Needs to be fixed but it’s really avoidable.

Doing 4-1 strategy, I wouldn’t call it exploit until anet says so. It might be non intended mechanics but it gives you almost nothing if you can’t dps her down to 0% from ~50%.

I’m doing path 4 almost daily and simin takes about 4 minutes to kill (excluding preparations) with just running sparks. Get 2-3 people to run them, use teleportation skills, swiftness and it takes really low amount of time. People kill her without using bugs but by stepping up their game. Only issue with spark is their aggro-mechanics with summons/pets/randall.

Posted by: Voltaire.8369

Voltaire.8369

Just ran path 2. When we got to Brie, she would not engage in any way. We tried fruitlessly to get her to activate, but could not.

Posted by: Kharon.6239

Kharon.6239

Path 4 bloodstone shard doesn’t become attackable randall does not interact with the shard triggering the cutscene not sure what causes this

I want to repost this one since it was buried in RoRo’s long list. When approaching the shard we saw a brief cutscene, but after killing the 4 mobs guarding it nothing happened. After spending 5 hours in the dungeon (Simin took us a really, really long time) our brains exploded all over our keyboards, it was quite a mess.

Bumping this.

My group had the same problem. Got the cutscene→ Killed the illusionist but wiped→ came back and killed the other 3 mobs but the event won’t end and we end up stuck.

haviz.1340

Maybe it’s not a broken event, but lupicus when using his big aoe attack in phase 3 (the one when he raises up) should be immobile. Very rarely, he just stops channeling and moves towards one player while still damaging players in circle area around him (yes, damaging area moves with him)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am not sure if this exploit is know yet, but if you jump up the imperial bark and go all the way to the top of it at arah path 2 you can take a shortcut which lets you skip large parts to the endboss.

Also many bosses in arah can be stopped from attacking or bugging otherwise by meleeing them with 5 people immediatly when they aggro.

Furthermore many trash mob groups can be made trivial for 5 melee groups by exploiting the line of sight and standing at edges at cliffs. They will stack up in one place and everything dies before a wall of reflection ends. Surely that cannot be intended.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Are the Lupi circles going to get fixed any time soon? As it stands, the player can get wrecked by aoes while standing clearly outside of the circles. Why have ground aoe circles if they lie to the player?

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

I just ran P2 today and Operative Belka bugged and wouldn’t turn hostile to us. Left the instance and reformed the group and it worked fine, but wasn’t this bug supposed to be fix this patch?

Posted by: AjoraOaks.3659

AjoraOaks.3659

Are the Lupi circles going to get fixed any time soon? As it stands, the player can get wrecked by aoes while standing clearly outside of the circles. Why have ground aoe circles if they lie to the player?

Because it’s more important that players can’t skip things. I suggest invuln/block/gap closers (in this case for gaining distance) for Lupi’s random aoe, the circles still generally are “sorta” correct still though…

(edited by AjoraOaks.3659)

Posted by: Casiope.6810

Casiope.6810

Belka (Arah path 2) still bugged. Last week she didn’t turn hostile.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Belka (Arah path 2) still bugged. Last week she didn’t turn hostile.

I haven’t had this happen yet, but isn’t it something to do with getting to her without the NPC or something like that?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Broadicea, once with a group we did it clean… from the start… and still she would not start and we had the video, but she would just sit there.

So now i just rush her anyway.

Nice necro by the way

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Belka activation scene has to do with quite a few things.
Group should arrive at her together, better noone dies. Also if you walk too slow to the trigger point after she spawned nothing will happen. I always thought it had to do with the npc but then i experienced that running myself while the group stays with yissa at start is the safest method.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.