Bullies in Dungeons

Bullies in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wini.7523

Wini.7523

Yesterday my friend and I were running a fractals dungeon with our lower leveled and geared alts to see how those classes feel like in the dungeon settings. We found three others by means of the map chat in the overflow in Lion’s Arch.

At the second fractal, they started to complain about our armour, that we were total noobs because we ran the fractals without being 80 and having a full exotic set. By the time we hit the boss fight at the third fractal, they kicked me with the two of them because I tried to explain that this game, rather than “some” others, is mainly about skill instead of gear. My friend, the guardian, who was tanking the boss, was kicked at 2%…

Thus the three of them were able to get to tier 2, while we had to start all over again.
Needless to say we were both very disappointed about the system as it currently is, where 2 bullies are able to ruin your whole run – and especially now, with the overflow zones where you’re grouping up with people that aren’t even known on your home server.

Has anyone else experienced a situation similar to this?

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

and thats why I never run PUGs.

They do need a kick system though. I thought it was a majority of the group so 3 people would be needed to vote to kick you guys out.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Bullies in Dungeons

Wini.7523

I can confirm it is just 2, one person to state the request to kick another person and one to confirm it.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

So what are you proposing then? You ask if anyone has experienced this.
If you mean experienced someone in life being mean to you then yes everyone has.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

You should’ve asked up front if your level is a problem. If they show hesitation or any inclination towards a yes, leave and look for another party.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Bullies in Dungeons

Wini.7523

They joined our party, not the other way round. So you suggest we were at fault?

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

They joined our party, not the other way round. So you suggest we were at fault?

I think you should have made clear that you were on alts and wanted to experiment with running lower level characters. Conversely, I think the level 80s in question should have dropped out if they had a problem with your level. I.e. this is an issue that should have been addressed before you went in.

Aside from that, not knowing the particulars of what happened during the run – I can’t really comment on the actions of your other party members. Maybe there was genuine frustration at how you and your friend performed during the run and might have felt you two were getting a free ride on their hard work. Alternatively, they could have just been elitist jerks. We don’t know, we weren’t there.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

ArenaNet has stated that such behaviour in dungeons (i.e. kicking party members just before the final reward for selfish reasons) is undesirable. If you still know their character names, you could report them in-game.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Be the leader next time entering, laugh when they kick you and the run is resetted, all outside

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If they did complain about your armor it means you kept dying. If you kept dying it means your armor wasn’t good enough. If your armor wasn’t good enough it means you needed better one. If you needed better armor it means their complaints were legit.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: IcicleTrepan.4125

IcicleTrepan.4125

If they did complain about your armor it means you kept dying. If you kept dying it means your armor wasn’t good enough.

This is not necessarily true. There are multiple ways to skin a cat.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Milkybars.1392

Milkybars.1392

This is the world in reverse. This instance allows lower lvl pppl to be scaled up. If you have a problem with that or with the gear ppl have kitten off and create your own group. Why should i need to explain my motivations when you are joing my group.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

They kicked you right before the end of a boss fight? Report them, simple as that.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

They kicked you when the boss was at 2% then there cant have been any thing seriously wrong with your gear you got there and got him down

Ulfar SOR

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Just get to 80 get your exotic gear and avoid this issue coming up.

Also next time you and your friend start a group and someone starts to give yoh grief kick them immediatly. Anyone doesnt like it kick them too. They highjacked the group you started dont let it happen to you again.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

And being called a noob is not an insult. A noob is someone who doesnt spend their life gearing up so grats on being a noob. Also they are likely ten years old cant expect much in that case. Mmmm this might explain why players who seemingly cannot afford a game subscription have a pc and internet connection.

Conclusion: Find a game with a very expensive sub and avoid ten year olds. GW2 gonna be a punk kitten kid magnet imo.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I think you should have made clear that you were on alts and wanted to experiment with running lower level characters. Conversely, I think the level 80s in question should have dropped out if they had a problem with your level. I.e. this is an issue that should have been addressed before you went in.

If the low-levels created the party and the high-levels joined, then the 80s are just being kitten. There was nothing stopping them from checking the levels of the people they were running with before they went in. If they had a problem with it, they didn’t need to join that team.

If they’re going to make a big deal about players not being 80 and/or not wearing exotic gear, it’s on them to make sure that those criteria are met before they join a group.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

…My friend, the guardian, who was tanking the boss, was kicked at 2%…

What do you mean tanking? That might be a reason.

Bullies in Dungeons

Posted by: Sinner.9367

Sinner.9367

…My friend, the guardian, who was tanking the boss, was kicked at 2%…

What do you mean tanking? That might be a reason.

Actually with very exceptions I can tank nearly every boss on my guardian, yes I have to dodge certain attacks, but at the same time I also soak up the attacks that are very destructive for the glass cannons in my group.