CM dungeon - what?!

CM dungeon - what?!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Richo.3081

Richo.3081

Ill get to the point

Mobs hit stupidly hard, they have high health and its bug after bug after bug… permanently stuck in combat, bombs from asura blowing me through a wall… etc etc

after you get through it all, the reward is junk…

is this ever going to get fixed?

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: Radakaster.9180

Radakaster.9180

If you would like to see changes – you may want to give constructive feedback. Can you detail the bugs? And can you reproduce them?

As for things such as mobs hitting hard – do you have experience with the other dungeons? The CM set was the first dungeon set I completed and I didn’t think it was that bad.

I understand dungeons are pretty hard – and PUGs sometimes make it ridiculously so, but what I’d suggest is learning the dungeon and coaching your team members. There’s a sticky thread on this forum with youtube video’s with commentary of all dungeon runs except Arah. I would really suggest you watch them.

Radakaster [ThUn]
Desolation

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I’ve been doing CM heavily in the past days, if I have one trick to tell you is bring 2 guardians, minimum.

Pretty must 95% of the mobs you find in CM are ranged mobs, guardians have 2-3 skills that become invaluable in this dungeon:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wall_of_Reflection

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_the_Avenger

Wall of reflection is incredibly awesome because mobs will just kill themselves as they shoot you. Just using these two skills, we could get passed most areas without getting seriously hit.

I agree, however, that the mobs are very strong. I’d say it’s not that pleasant a dungeon compared to many.

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’ve been doing CM heavily in the past days, if I have one trick to tell you is bring 2 guardians, minimum.

Or a Mesmer with Feedback and Null Field (for those annoying conditions), or to simply protect from projectiles, a Thief or an Elementalist.

Aside from projectiles, bleeding stacks are responsible for a high number of deaths, so bring something to remove them.

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Thanks, RedStar. Can you details the skills you mentionned for Thief and Elementalist? I’m not familiar with them.

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Honestly had no difficulty problem with this dungeon. Sure, some parts are boring or have frustrating mechanics (NO YOU PUT THAT BOMB BACK RIGHT NOW BANDIT) but is it so wrong that dungeons are difficult? I actually really enjoyed needing to move and think about my skills for once. Have you even done CoF? Haw. Path 1 practically hands you the tokens for free, it’s not even hard. Frustrating mechanics need to be tweaked so they’re fun instead, that’s all.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Thanks, RedStar. Can you details the skills you mentionned for Thief and Elementalist? I’m not familiar with them.

For the thief you have Smoke screen (utility skill).

For elementalists you have :
-Magnetic aura (earth staff) but that only works on yourself
-Swirling winds (air focus) which affects everyone in the area but doesn’t reflect projectiles
-Magnetic Wave (earth focus)

And if you go scepter/focus you have a range of spells that can be really useful :
-Phoenix to remove your conditions
-Dust devil to blind those annoying bleed inflicting bandits
-Comet
-Obsidian Flesh

And taking Arcane shield is not a bad idea.

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Personally I find that the Bandits who apply 25 stacks of Bleed and Poison with one basic attack to be the real PITA in CM.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

CM dungeon - what?!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For the thief you have Smoke screen (utility skill).

For elementalists you have :
-Magnetic aura (earth staff) but that only works on yourself
-Swirling winds (air focus) which affects everyone in the area but doesn’t reflect projectiles
-Magnetic Wave (earth focus)

And if you go scepter/focus you have a range of spells that can be really useful :
-Phoenix to remove your conditions
-Dust devil to blind those annoying bleed inflicting bandits
-Comet
-Obsidian Flesh

And taking Arcane shield is not a bad idea.

For elementalist there is also Glyph of Storms (utilty) which will lets you blind and bleed the enemy when attuned to earth. There is also a trait for sharing auras but that is obviously not going to be available to a low level character.

For thief there is also Black Power(skill 5 with off hand pistol) which will blind and provide another smoke field for more blind. You can also use Shadow Refuge + Heartseeker/Clusterbomb for more blinds but that might be a bit wasteful.

Elementalists also has some options for applying protection to themselves and/or other people. 33% damage reduction is not something to ignore if you think the enemy is doing too much damage.

Both elementalist and thieves have a ways to apply Weakness as well which will further reduce incoming damage.

I’ve never really noticed an issue with bleeds in CM(doesn’t it’s not a problem, I’ve just never noticed) but with 10 in Water Magic an elementalist can have Cleansing Wave to remove a condition from everyone around them when attuning to water. This will also apply Soothing Mist.

None of these things are actually specific to CM.