CM explore Seraph path.

CM explore Seraph path.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

I ran this yesterday with a pug group. We did well enough until we hit the part where you need to place 5 powder kets at the gate and stuck there for 1 hour until the group rage quit. The enemies respaw constantly, I know there are two strong and the rest normal, but they still come back way to quick for us. We tried various tactic, including having 4 tried to hold them at bay and one person run the kets, it doesn’t work because as soon as we drop the ket down they immidiately rush to it like vultures and remove it. So we came to the conclusion that all “5” of us have to run the kets at the same time … but that means we all would died before reaching the gate.

We notice a house right next to it and it seems if we go in there less enemy would pound on us, but we don’t know how it would play in the overall strategy. So can anyone tell me if we’re missing something obvious here?

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: Whitewolf.9736

Whitewolf.9736

I managed to do this with two people at the gate and two people by the kegs. One person should pickup a keg and throw it as close as possible to the door party so they can place them down.

If you see a bandit immediately running away with a keg, try and burn them down. if not, then no worries keep trying as the bandits will mostly be occupied if you aggro them.

[EU]Desolation
~Charr Guardian~ – ~Norn Necromancer ~

CM explore Seraph path.

Abriel.4103

But how though, there are like 15 of them spawning nonstop. If we divide our group like that the question would be how can we survive.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: Madjura.2439

Madjura.2439

First of all, clear the entire area before you fight the Guardian boss in the courtyard.
Then, have everyone grab a barrel. Run around the corner of the left house, do a countdown, drop your barrels at the same time.
Then, grab 5 new barrels and while the NPC are running around the corner, place the barrels at the gate. Then kill the enemies so you can actually use the waypoint you will unlock shortly.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: HellHound.5480

HellHound.5480

I did this mode once before, and to be honest, the way we beat it was 2-fold.

1) Run up to the gate 5-man barrel carrying, using +protection and +aegis skills

2) Drop them, and then focus target the mobs carrying the barrels away and spam dropping the barrels back on the gate.

We eventually wore them down and inched barrels closer to the gate till all 5 were there

CM explore Seraph path.

HellHound.5480

Its a waste of time running back to get another barrel FYI

CM explore Seraph path.

Abriel.4103

But do you try to thin them out? Or were you able to kill the mobs faster than they respawn?

CM explore Seraph path.

HellHound.5480

We didnt try to thin them out. We just dropped the barrels, target the carriers, and FF them down, pick up the barrel, and replace it. They dont run very far when FF’ed down

CM explore Seraph path.

Abriel.4103

I’ll try that, I still can’t imagine how to survive for long though.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: BleedTheLizard.9134

BleedTheLizard.9134

Clear the whole area including bonus event. Have 4 people grab barrels (with out pulling) and LOS beside the house attached to the right side of the gate where the dog was pathing. Person with out a barrel comes back aroud the front and pulls the group, kiting them with a sprint up all the way back to the waypoint so they dont see the other members of your group sneak behind with the barrels. Once the four are down a member can easily grab the last barrel and place it. Its important that all the mobs are not in the barrel holders los when hey run in and plant them.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: BleedTheLizard.9134

BleedTheLizard.9134

If you do that properly you wont even need to touch the mobs until the gate is open.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

Interesting tactics. Will try that next time. Yesturday we were able to finish this event, but it was sort of crazy.
Also last boss is a total facepalm, and there is little room for melee to survive.

CM explore Seraph path.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

We finnished it yesterday, the the keg par was very tricky i give you that, but there spawned no reward at the end, nor did it gave us the achievement -.-