CM tuning

CM tuning

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ruwe.9612

Ruwe.9612

Maybe it’s just me…. But I’ve noticed that when we run CM Story mode with our guild, if we go in as lvl 80 with decent gear, the run is fast and fun, somebody usually dies somewhere along the path, but there’s no frustration.

Now if we take our lvl 40 alts into the dungeon on story mode. It’s practically not doable! I was just on a run with a 39, 42, 48, 52, 61, we made it down to the LT and sergeant guarding the drunk guy. We couldn’t pass that, probably 10 tries and not one of them had any of the mobs (LT was summoning two fighters) down past 2/3 health, yes we were focusing target but the LT was one shotting most of us and the sgt was maybe two shots to death. And we only got there by graveyard zerging our way past two of the encounters.

Are you supposed to buy all new gear just for running on level dungeons? Do you really have to spec full toughness and vit on your armor and accessories? They need to tune story mode down a bit so that casual players who want to do them on level can. Right now only dedicated players can complete them, a casual pug has a very small chance of being able too. I agree the explorable mode should be harder, but the story mode??? It’s silly to expect people to purchase all new armor for just running one particular dungeon when their not even lvl cap yet.

CM tuning

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

Maybe it’s just you.

When I ran Story Mode when I first got the mail, I was doing reasonably okay. Nobody in our team was above 55.

CM tuning

Posted by: Ruwe.9612

Ruwe.9612

have you run it recently? One of our members was a pug, he said his last group got stuck at the same spot and we made it there with alot less deaths then that run. If it was just suboptimal group composition that’s ok, but I’m not sure what else could be contributing to getting one shotted by mobs but poor tuning. Not even bosses, mobs. Again, it could be entirely the group I was running, but it sure didn’t feel that way.

CM tuning

Posted by: Disconnected.9253

Disconnected.9253

Maybe it’s just you.

When I ran Story Mode when I first got the mail, I was doing reasonably okay. Nobody in our team was above 55.

If you’re talking about CM at release, yes it was faceroll easy.

It has since been tuned up significantly, and can be quite painful with fresh 40s PuGs