COE Exploit?

COE Exploit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Today I was doing a full run of COE with a party from lfg. Overall it was a decent run and we got all paths done in under an hour, however on every path our elementalist got through to subject alpha for the first boss fight before the doors opened and managed to take him down to about 90% before the rest of us got to the fight. I asked him how he did it and thee was no answer. I am wondering if this is an exploit or if there is a legit way to do this that I just haven’t realised yet. If this is an exploit I will know to leave all runs that someone does this in in future but I stayed for these runs because I wasn’t sure if it was exploiting or not.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

COE Exploit?

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

That ele must have been pretty bad If he gotten only down to 90%. It’s not an exploit, just clever use of jumping puzzle skills. How to do it:
- https://youtu.be/SahqNIKNvZw

(edited by frifox.5283)

COE Exploit?

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Oh wow that is very clever! Can’t believe I didn’t notice the ele doing that. Thanks for the help.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

COE Exploit?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can do it with any leap skill. Its just really easy to do with RTL.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Alpha seems to just be standing there until they choose a path, so it looks like an exploit to me.

COE Exploit?

frifox.5283

So the 3 inquest banging on Alpha while he’s not doing anything is an exploit too?

Agent Spire pulling shutting down the console by pulling the lever (and selecting the path) triggers a self defense mechanism in Alpha that grants him unique defensive abilities. Alpha doesn’t care if you bully him, he cares only when you trigger his defensive mechanism (path selection). Once you do that, he goes on a rampage and starts attacking both the player AND the inquest, which is exactly what happens when you do select the path.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

The inquest are NPCs, so it’s not an “exploit”, it’s bad design.

Alpha not attacking you while the path isn’t selected is also bad design. You’re clearly not supposed to go through and attack him before the path is selected, so ANet didn’t bother making a different switch for “activating” him.
You could also argue, of course, that taking advantage of bad design isn’t an exploit, but I’d say that’s debatable.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So the 3 inquest banging on Alpha while he’s not doing anything is an exploit too?

Agent Spire pulling shutting down the console by pulling the lever (and selecting the path) triggers a self defense mechanism in Alpha that grants him unique defensive abilities. Alpha doesn’t care if you bully him, he cares only when you trigger his defensive mechanism (path selection). Once you do that, he goes on a rampage and starts attacking both the player AND the inquest, which is exactly what happens when you do select the path.

The three inquest aren’t actual players who used holes in the coding to attack Alpha while he isn’t in hostile mode. Plus, they don’t ever actually damage him.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t particularly care if people do this, but it is clearly not intended to be done this way (although why they haven’t bothered to put an invisible barrier at the top of that door is beyond me).

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

COE Exploit?

frifox.5283

They do damage him. That’s how you can get alpha to 75% without even touching him. It takes a while but it does happen.

COE Exploit?

RoseofGilead.8907

They do damage him. That’s how you can get alpha to 75% without even touching him. It takes a while but it does happen.

Ok, true. They do damage him. Eventually.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

The three inquest aren’t actual players who used holes in the coding to attack Alpha while he isn’t in hostile mode. Plus, they don’t ever actually damage him.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t particularly care if people do this, but it is clearly not intended to be done this way (although why they haven’t bothered to put an invisible barrier at the top of that door is beyond me).

Because they have to go through all that red tape for a very insignificant bug. Most you can do with that is take him down about 75%, any more before selecting a path will bug the whole thing and you have to redo.

Everyone has to fight alpha 2 more times anyway so that first encounter where all the effort which only leads to 25% hp less of an insignificant intro fight; time saved is also insignificant if any. People just do this when they feel like it.

Jump dodge is also not inteded, but it;s harmless

tl;dr redtape for a bug that;s quite harmless

COE Exploit?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

(although why they haven’t bothered to put an invisible barrier at the top of that door is beyond me).

Why they haven’t bothered to redo the “Let’s sit around waiting 2 minutes for Spire to Baywatch-run into the room” bit is what’s beyond me.

Actually, I take that back. It’s because it’s a dungeon, duh.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

That coe door reminds me this. It is not a bug or exploit. It is called “lol lets make a huge hole above that door”.

Attachments:

COE Exploit?

RoseofGilead.8907

Why they haven’t bothered to redo the “Let’s sit around waiting 2 minutes for Spire to Baywatch-run into the room” bit is what’s beyond me.

Actually, I take that back. It’s because it’s a dungeon, duh.

Spire needs to remember to take her running shoes to work.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Jumping is an exploit :^)

COE Exploit?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

If you kill him before the doors open the whole path bugs as he’s not meant to be killed before the door opens.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You could call that a bug.

COE Exploit?

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

The gate skip is doable with just normal jumps or by mashing dodge jump into the corner of the gate (IIRC you roll again midair and get pushed in).

CoE story is still the most phucked and un-optimizied path in the game 3 years in.

very special guild tag [tX]

COE Exploit?

Posted by: Echo.3741

Echo.3741

ANet has a weird relationship with invisible walls in general.

Once every 3-4 months they go into the dungeon backlog and add ONE invisible wall somewhere. The location of this invisible wall is always random, and has no connection with the most popular skips and “exploits”.
AFAIK the most recent addition of an invisible wall in a dungeon was in Arah. The dungeon is literally one big jumping puzzle, but the main skips can be patched out with a couple invisible walls, yet they recently decided that adding an invisible wall to the insignificant plant skip after Hunter/Crusher in Arah P3 was the most important dungeon change they could allocate to the ANet map makers swamped schedule.

There was a list of videos on open-world jumping puzzle relog skips that was posted around 5 months ago which garnered a lot of ANet developer attention. It took them exactly 1 month to add invisible walls to key areas of some of those skips, but even then they only managed to patch a couple of the skips before it was left on the back burner, and some of them were done so poorly, perhaps hastily, that they don’t even serve a purpose (you can literally stand next to the invisible wall and perform the same action they put up the wall to prevent.)

It leads me to believe that adding an invisible wall in this game is a whole lot more effort than adding simple clip texture like in old school map editors.
Who am I kidding? It’s just ANet being lazy lol

Echo Mir // Echo.3741 [Echo] Echo Echo Echo Echo

(edited by Echo.3741)

COE Exploit?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I like the skip in Arah where you jump on the invisible wall to get farther xD