COF p2 Magg bug - how to avoid?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Hello,

yesterday i ran cof p2 for the first time since ages. When i did the skip over the lava to the magma stone (the rest of the group ported back so that Magg got ported to me) Magg just stood there and did nothing.
This bug was actually one of the reasons why i stopped playing p2. Still i wonder if this bug is avoidable. Maybe its similar to the Arah p3 ritual bug (maybe Magg has to walk over a certain trigger spot).
Anyone knows an answer?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Did anyone interact with the oracyte node before porting back to the entrance? If no one interacts with it, Magg won’t proceed to his next step (going to/across the magma field).

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Yes, sb interacted with it.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I don’t know, then. I’ve never had a case where he simply stood there and refused to move. He’ll usually at least walk across the lava field for me.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

My little theory we tested during few of our guild runs was that you can avoid it by having someone stand just before the lava field while the other person walks over it. Magg will stay with the one before lava fields and when he WPs, he will almost instantly teleport to the one waiting at the magma stone, thus not engaging in combat (likely). Not sure if this is a 100% bug-proof method, but it worked decently. It is also a wise idea to have someone as a backup in case the runner gets a lag and dies.

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

I’ve seen it bug the most when I was standing on the crystal itself when magg ported, and it didn’t seem to bug when I was standing a bit further away(on the ledge next to the crystal)

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I have done CoF p2 more times than I care to remember, but I have rarely had problems with Magg. Sometimes he would be a pain to respawn if he died too close to a player (but too far in the lava to rez), but otherwise he would either follow or re-spawn directly to the player waiting for him at the boulder.

HOWEVER, lately, Magg has become a serious pain. I do not read all of the patch notes or forum threads so maybe someone can tell me whether the programing for Magg has changed. For instance, he no longer predictably re-spawns to the closest player. Twice now in the past week he has spawned to the players waiting at the entrance wp rather than at the player waiting for him at the boulder after dying in the lava. He just seems very glitchy now…more so than ever.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

When you get on that ledge near the node you have to run around on it a little bit. There’s a sweet spot there that always triggers Magg’s teleport

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I have done CoF p2 more times than I care to remember, but I have rarely had problems with Magg. Sometimes he would be a pain to respawn if he died too close to a player (but too far in the lava to rez), but otherwise he would either follow or re-spawn directly to the player waiting for him at the boulder.

HOWEVER, lately, Magg has become a serious pain. I do not read all of the patch notes or forum threads so maybe someone can tell me whether the programing for Magg has changed. For instance, he no longer predictably re-spawns to the closest player. Twice now in the past week he has spawned to the players waiting at the entrance wp rather than at the player waiting for him at the boulder after dying in the lava. He just seems very glitchy now…more so than ever.

Noticed the exact same thing here.