COF path 1 farming

COF path 1 farming

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: OneManJosh.5198

OneManJosh.5198

I have a guardian where i farm constantly with COF i average about 10g avagering 10 mins per-run. ( pugs )

how much gold can you earn do you earn a day with full speed farm group.. because im considering making a warrior or mesmer for farming purposes alone.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

F i average about 10g avagering 10 mins per-run. ( pugs )

Don’t know what that means but if you mean 10g per hour that’s only theoretically possible in the most ideal situations that most likely don’t actually happen, especially after the first 30 minutes of farming.

Speed run groups will average the same as pugs because the guy that types in all caps in broken english shouting orders in every group that links a dusk every other chest will kick half the group because one person killed an acolyte out of order then the group will disband, and you have to wait to find another one then this happens again.

Also the special warrior that doesn’t know how to do the 4 gate totems sneaks in every other time someone leaves and runs from totem to totem for 2-3 minutes which makes you lose even more gold in a speed run.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

From memory, last time I counted I only get like 90 silver per run, I counted each token as 1 silver. That is if no rare, exotic, lodestone, core drop.

So you must be a very lucky person to get 10 gold in 6 run.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Likely about 4g per hour, too many variants for me to want to number crunch it.

If you do make a character specifically to speedrun COF for money, make a Warrior. There is next to no demand for Mesmers in COF anymore, far too many people play them.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

COF path 1 farming

laokoko.7403

Quite honestly just count it yourself. Do a run and see how many money you make from silver drop, token and vendor good. The rare, exotic, molten core/lodestone depend on luck.

After you know how much you make a run, it depend on how fast you can do your run and how many down time there is.

COF path 1 farming

OneManJosh.5198

sorry if i confused you guys what i meant was 10g a day….. seems pretty low to me. I was wondering how much can ppl earn within a day through speed run groups ( consistent with 6-7 min runs)

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

how many hours is ‘a day’?

COF path 1 farming

laokoko.7403

I can make probalby 50-80 gold just from farming. But that’s like playing 10-14 hours a day.

I dont’ think you really need to ask because simply speaking you make like 1 gold a run. The rest depend how long you play and how efficient your group is and how many “down time” you get. I would say if you can average 7 run in an hour that’s pretty good.

If you just rely on gwlfg, there could be many down time. Having a friend list of cof farmers do help.

If you learn to flip, you can probably make some extra here and there.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

sorry if i confused you guys what i meant was 10g a day….. seems pretty low to me. I was wondering how much can ppl earn within a day through speed run groups ( consistent with 6-7 min runs)

This still doesn’t tell us much if you do not state how many runs this includes.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Rokusho.4950

Rokusho.4950

lets put it this way. If you get a group of 4 zerker warriors and 1 mesmer (could be zerker if ur really picking, but i personally don’t care) you can finish a run in 6 minutes easily. That 1 run should give you around 90s – 1g 10s
So without a doubt running a zerker warrior and mes group will yield the highest return using the minimum amount of time

To punish and enslave

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I usually average 5g/hour with a good team, 4g/hour with pugs. Most i’ve made in a day is probably 40 gold considering the breaks i had to take to eat etc. I’d say the max in a 12 hour period would be like 60g but you’d have to go at it hard.

[DnT]

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

I doubt a team of 4w1m would really be much faster than a random mix of experienced players. What’s the point in doing so many runs quickly anyway? Wouldn’t DR kick in after a few runs?

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

What’s the point in doing so many runs quickly anyway? Wouldn’t DR kick in after a few runs?

Yes, it will. However, DR influences only the end-of-dungeon completion rewards. The intermediate rewards (boss kill-drops, and the standard treasure chests) are quite generous in CoF P1, and they are not reduced by DR.

A purpose-built group is only slightly faster than a “random” group of skilled players (I’d estimate 30-50 seconds faster, depending on composition). However, if you’ve decided to spend several hours grinding/farming a specific dungeon path, then it’s natural to seek out the maximum possible rewards for your time investment (since you’ve accepted that the gameplay “enjoyment” factor is going to be pretty minimal).

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I doubt a team of 4w1m would really be much faster than a random mix of experienced players. What’s the point in doing so many runs quickly anyway? Wouldn’t DR kick in after a few runs?

It’s the difference between 4 runs per Omnomberry Bar and 2-3. With the omnom up and a gilded infusion, you’re getting +60% silver from the slave driver and the effigy. A group getting closer to max efficiency (4W1M or 3T1W1M) will make about 1-2 gold more per hour than the fastest random assortment of classes, and far more if those players with the mixed classes aren’t close to the faster or highest skilled players.

Retired. Too many casuals.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

Unless your a hardcore farmer whos after efficiency, then there isnt much difference between a 4w1m group and a random profession group. in this case it mostly comes down to experience.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: SET.3275

SET.3275

I have leveled a warrior just to farm CoF P1. Tried it several times – it seems the premade farm groups with gear link are made mostly by noobs. My record is 3 consecutive runs with such an elitist group found in gw2lfg.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Forgive my naivity but what about CoF1 makes it such a gold-maker? Is it just because it can be run fast? Or are the drops that much better? Is there something specific I’m missing? I can’t recall ever making that much for a single CoF1 run so I must be missing something.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Forgive my naivity but what about CoF1 makes it such a gold-maker? Is it just because it can be run fast? Or are the drops that much better? Is there something specific I’m missing? I can’t recall ever making that much for a single CoF1 run so I must be missing something.

Yes a lot of the reason it that it is so rapidly completed. You also get a fair amount of flat gold especially with omnom bars, rares and the tokens which are exchangeable for rares at the token trader which can be salvaged for ectos (for 30 tokens each)

Jade Quarry [TPA]

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Yeah, pretty much the only thing that puts it above, say, SE P1 is that the tokens can be exchanged for rares for ectos. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think equal teams (to include experience on the paths) going at SE P1 and COF P1 would make equal gold/hour if you discount the token exchange.

COF path 1 farming

laokoko.7403

you can still use the token from other dungeon to gamble precursor. But many people dont’ like rng.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

lets put it this way. If you get a group of 4 zerker warriors and 1 mesmer (could be zerker if ur really picking, but i personally don’t care) you can finish a run in 6 minutes easily. That 1 run should give you around 90s – 1g 10s
So without a doubt running a zerker warrior and mes group will yield the highest return using the minimum amount of time

Considering that without zerk warriors you can do it in 8 minutes easy, this elitism around “OMG WE NEED ZERK WARRIORS OR GFTO” could even end right now lol.

COF path 1 farming

Air.3154

you can still use the token from other dungeon to gamble precursor. But many people dont’ like rng.

guess why?

COF path 1 farming

Me Kill You.9035

Only the dungeons that have at least lvl 70 rares, so AC, CM, TA and SE will not work for this

Jade Quarry [TPA]

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

Another reason why people do CoF is because CoF armor is pretty good looking with all the flame effects and also offers a Berserker set which is very popular in PvE.

COF path 1 farming

SET.3275

Omnomberry bar = +40% gold
gold infusion on ascended amulet = +20% gold
6 runes of scavenging = +15% gold (does the 4 war, 1 mes elitists allows this runes?)
banner (if someone have) = +5% gold
Flat gold:
1st boss drop 10s, 18s with all the boosts
last boss drop 16s, 28.8 with all the boosts
the chest before the flame balls drop 10s
Thats ~0.57 flat gold just from drop. No DR applies to it.

COF path 1 farming

Broadicea.8294

6 runes of scavenging = +15% gold (does the 4 war, 1 mes elitists allows this runes?)
Flat gold:

Most speedfarm groups would probably kick someone for wearing runes of scavenging. I would.

COF path 1 farming

Air.3154

Flat gold:

Most speedfarm groups would probably kick someone for wearing runes of scavenging. I would.

You can run cof p1 in an average of 8 minutes with a totally bs party.
You can run cof p1 in an average of 6 minutes with a totally tryhard party.

Find the difference.

COF path 1 farming

Broadicea.8294

Find the difference.

Don’t be obtuse. I’m not going to get on LFG looking for a 4W1M group and do 1 run, 2 runs. I’m getting on to do an hour minimum. Maybe take a short break, then swap characters and do another hour minimum. Every day. For weeks on end. The time, and gold, adds up.

Also, if 6 minute runs is the way I want to play, who are you to tell me I’m not allowed to? There are plenty of people forming up mixed class groups to do COF, if you want one of those, go find one. Don’t try to intrude on my team and our gameplay just because you’re too lazy/selfish to do what’s needed to fit into a speedfarm group.

The best bet for fixing a lot of the crycry about COF groups would be if the LFG site had an entirely different section for speedfarms and casual groups.

COF path 1 farming

SET.3275

You can run p1 not in an average, but in a minimum of 6 minutes. I would be glad to see a video of p1, which is shorter than 6m from loading screen to porting back to fireheart rise.
For average i would say 6m 30s, considering the group is perfect and the instance is not contested even once. I dont think you can save more than a minute, wearing ruby orbs or divinity runes instead of scavenging. There is 3 fights you have at all.

COF path 1 farming

Air.3154

Find the difference.

Don’t be obtuse. I’m not going to get on LFG looking for a 4W1M group and do 1 run, 2 runs. I’m getting on to do an hour minimum. Maybe take a short break, then swap characters and do another hour minimum. Every day. For weeks on end. The time, and gold, adds up.

Also, if 6 minute runs is the way I want to play, who are you to tell me I’m not allowed to? There are plenty of people forming up mixed class groups to do COF, if you want one of those, go find one. Don’t try to intrude on my team and our gameplay just because you’re too lazy/selfish to do what’s needed to fit into a speedfarm group.

The best bet for fixing a lot of the crycry about COF groups would be if the LFG site had an entirely different section for speedfarms and casual groups.

You’re free to play the way you want obviously, no mistake there, too bad lots of people don’t see it your way.
I’ve had people joining a party via gw2lfg, an obviously non tryhard party, and starting to moan around and even trying to kick people if it didn’t fit their way of playing, so yeah i’m starting to get the idea that speedrunners are the elitist jerks of the game.

And yeah the lfg site needs a section for that i guess.

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Flat gold:

Find the difference.

So, over the course of one hour, they would earn the following (all numbers assume 60% gf buff and 2s60c end rewards):

8 min party:
First Boss x7 = 16s x 7 = 1g12s
Acolyte chest x7 = 10s x 7 = 70s
Final Boss x7 = 24s x 7 = 1g88s
Completion x 7 = 2s60c x 7 = 18s20c
Total = 3g88s20c, plus drops from 14 chests and up to 21 Wondrous Bags

6 min party:
First Boss x 9 = 16s x 9 = 1g44s
Acolyte Chest x 9 = 10s x 9 = 90s
Final Boss x 9 = 24s x 9 = 2g12s
Completion x 9 = 2s60c x 9 = 23s40c
Total = 4g69s40c, plus drops from 18 chests and up to 27 Wondrous Bags.

If the 6 min party is actually getting in 10 runs an hour (very much doable), the numbers are instead 1g60s+1g+2g40s+26s=5g26s, 20 chests, 30 Wondrous Bags.

So, do I want <4g, or >5g? Do I want to end my two hours of farming with 8g, or 11g? Such a difficult choice. . .

COF path 1 farming

laokoko.7403

Only the dungeons that have at least lvl 70 rares, so AC, CM, TA and SE will not work for this

you don’t need to use 70 rare. you can use 80 exotic for gambling too.

i’m don’t even think dungeon token sell rare weapon.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

COF path 1 farming

Me Kill You.9035

Ah think you are right about the no weapons, but it would take quite a while to farm enough tokens to get the 4 exotic weapons for MF, especially something like gs, 330 tokens each no ty -.-

Jade Quarry [TPA]

COF path 1 farming

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

if your going for exotics bought with tokens you dont do farm runs. you use alts with sufficient times in between so you dont get hit by the diminishing return. using rares you buy with token for forge and/or salvage works just fine with farm runs.

COF path 1 farming

OneManJosh.5198

I can make probalby 50-80 gold just from farming. But that’s like playing 10-14 hours a day.

I dont’ think you really need to ask because simply speaking you make like 1 gold a run. The rest depend how long you play and how efficient your group is and how many “down time” you get. I would say if you can average 7 run in an hour that’s pretty good.

If you just rely on gwlfg, there could be many down time. Having a friend list of cof farmers do help.

If you learn to flip, you can probably make some extra here and there.

COF path 1 farming

OneManJosh.5198

i see im more of a 20-30g type of guy a day. but through this do you switch between alts ( if you do how many), or just stick to one character?