Cairn and Crystaline Heart bug? Devs??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Cleared Cairn yesterday with a member of my raid team and pugs and had an odd scenario in relation to the Crystaline Heart.

Myself and my raid team member both needed the achieve so activated our hearts and began the fight.
I was downed at one point due to messing up on his sword swipe but my team mate never went down at all during the whole fight yet neither of us got the achieve :/

I understand that at the present time you lose your heart if you are downed during the fight but can find no explanation as to why my mate, who was not downed at all, didn’t get the achieve.

Would also like to know if getting downed and losing the heart is intentional or a bug??

Cheers

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Did he miss one of the attacks where you need to go into the green circles for protection? That’s your main task there for the heart.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Activate the Crystalline Heart and defeat Cairn the Indomitable without being hit by Spatial Manipulation.

From the wiki.

Spatial Manipulation is the attack where you hide in the circles.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Hmmm, why have I been assuming it’s the teleport circles :/

Thanks Miellyn

Posted by: Jude Lhogora.6917

Jude Lhogora.6917

Hi,

This Jade heart is really the most difficult heart to have.

I train the boss during a lot of time and each time i lose the heart beacause of the green circle or because we are not enought in it and i don’t have the time to move to another green circle or because of bugs (i was on the green mark and i was pushed away without no reason).

Can you do something ? It’s really hard for the first heart of the collection, even Deimos is easier ! Thanks.

Posted by: pyrates.5684

pyrates.5684

Hi,

This Jade heart is really the most difficult heart to have.

I train the boss during a lot of time and each time i lose the heart beacause of the green circle or because we are not enought in it and i don’t have the time to move to another green circle or because of bugs (i was on the green mark and i was pushed away without no reason).

Can you do something ? It’s really hard for the first heart of the collection, even Deimos is easier ! Thanks.

It is actually rather easy, for the short green circles it is just reaction time and aiming, which you should be able to do if you pay attention.

For the greens that require different amounts of people you have enough time to decide, so don’t just rush in immediately, see if your team are filling the big one, otherwhise go for one that only requires one player or simply join up on your teammates.

Lastly, for the green phase where the boss rushes across the platform creating greens, wait before entering any until the boss is back in the middle, so you don’t get pushed anywhere if he revisits one of the circles, which I assume happened to you a few times, just stay safe and join when he channels the attack.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Hmmm, why have I been assuming it’s the teleport circles :/

Thanks Miellyn

Both attacks do similar things spatially – one moves you parallel to the arena floor, while the other moves you perpendicular to the floor (upward).

The difference is in the name of the attack – the teleport circles are called something else. I checked the combat log immediately after an attempt and checked Cairn’s skill tooltips to verify which attack was needed to be avoided.

My group usually followed this strategy for green circles:
Above 50%, all go to the biggest one. People with agony go to a smaller circle, while kiter finds the smallest circle.
Under 50%, the big circle spawns too far away for melee group to go there without getting shared agony. We usually pick the 2-player circles to go to, while players with agony+kiter aim for a bigger circle, or one of the other smaller circles.

If you’re aiming for the heart, always go to the smallest circle under 50% health; only go to a 2-player circle if someone is on it already and doesn’t have agony.

(edited by Rashy.4165)