Cake Guardian and 3rd boss are a joke.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: KOTOKO.5107

KOTOKO.5107

Please don’t nerf raids and make them raiser, my team found the VG and 3rd boss to be easy enough to complete with only exotics and NO Runes (we were simulating that of the poorest players out there).

The reason why people are finding it difficult is due to laziness and lack of awareness and poor skill rotations. The raid itself and mechanics are already easy enough and the timer could be further reduced by 15 seconds.

(Our 3 revs just auto attacked with sword and it was apparently enough dps with just exotics)

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Proof? I’d love for this to be true, but I’m having a hard time seeing it.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

You gonna link to a video proving that or are you just trolling?

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

It’s possible to do the 3rd boss with 2min+ left on the timer, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Do a test to simulate the worst case scenario. Then doest record or stream it. I believe this totallyyyyy

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I was there too, we were only running 6 people and one of the missing guys was our recorder so sorry no footage. :/

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I was there too but I didn’t have any weapons, sorry :/

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Please don’t nerf raids and make them raiser, my team found the VG and 3rd boss to be easy enough to complete with only exotics and NO Runes (we were simulating that of the poorest players out there).

The reason why people are finding it difficult is due to laziness and lack of awareness and poor skill rotations. The raid itself and mechanics are already easy enough and the timer could be further reduced by 15 seconds.

(Our 3 revs just auto attacked with sword and it was apparently enough dps with just exotics)

hmmm what is with all these trolls in the forums. No video proof only tall tales. I bet your also in agreement with the other trolls to reduce the timer on all the raid bosses because you guys are so elite. Either provide proof to your claims or go back to hello kitty adventure island.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

I agree with the op. I mean i think that should be possible but only IF people dont get downed. And that is why most ppl cant get this boss done, including me (120+ attempts ). I usually dont get down with my mesmer until 2 or 3 more are downes on the 5th phase mainly but i feel that the real problem with low DPS is actually downed people and/or wrong gearing.
I AM frustrated right now becaus
e i couldnt find a group neither on guild nor withing pugs which could beat this w/o ppl getting downes by seekers, green aos or whatever reason.
I do think that IF we had noob mode for this, and a decente lfg tool, we could find a skilled group to try this out more easily.
But i think only lucky ppl who gets into a skilled group or guildmates who can persistently correct their errors can do this right now. Sad

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Next people can start asking the bosses to start out enraged and then after the timer runs out you’ll actually be able to see blood boiling. Their attacks will then hit so hard that they delete characters outright.

brunobyof.3541

The raids dont need to be nerfed,but theres gotta be an easier mode for ppl who cant do it. Every fugging MMO hás different difficulties on raids

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Amateurs.

I solo’d this with my hands tied behind my back.

And since I was on a revenant, had to go with an authentic blindfold, so I couldn’t see either.
That was the first time I had ever beaten the tutorial alone though, so obviously I take pride in that. Talk to me if you need in depth strategies and tips.

No.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

My mesmer clone soloed it naked.

With 10 min left on the timer.

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I ran Condi guard I clerics gear with superior night sigils. This boss was basically 1-shot into oblivion.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Lol at the three revenants auto attacking only….not had that much of a laugh in a long time

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

The raids dont need to be nerfed,but theres gotta be an easier mode for ppl who cant do it. Every fugging MMO hás different difficulties on raids

Or you could just accept that you’re bad and that you don’t need to complete every piece of content in a game. If you can’t beat the last level of a game, do you always expect the rewards and achievements from it without earning them?

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

I AM frustrated right now because i couldnt find a group neither on guild nor withing pugs which could beat this w/o ppl getting downes by seekers, green aos or whatever reason.

Try to find a good guild and show that you’re good.

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

So you’re saying your ability to defeat the boss relied on your skills instead of your gear? Isn’t that what gw2 has always been about?

brunobyof.3541

I vê been doin this with a guild group also , and they all were full zerk except for tank and healer. Ascended full. It doesnt make a diference. We get wiped every time because someone get down, then somebody Góes for rezz, then the circle wipes out everybody or seekers. I mean the problem is not gear,definately.

brunobyof.3541

We all know what to do, have read guides ans seen vids… Just couldnt find a group to beat it till now. And my skills were never in question. Ive done almost every content in pve. Fractal achievements, soloed achiements etc i dont play bad definately. But still im always with a group who something happens then 1 guy give up, then wait for one more, then he hets kicked, then another guy needs to go out or play with his dog etc etc etc. We can almost never get 10 ppl to run this for like 10 trials with the same guys on the group

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

These guys aren’t trolls, I had a similar experience.

I solo’d the Vale Guardian on my tempest (the only difficulty I had was dropping enough condis on the Red Guardian during the split). It took me a long time to get all the mechanics down, but I finally figured it out and got some sweet phat lewt.

Also, it turns out that if you solo the boss you get a hidden achievement and the boss drops a chest. The chest contains an egg that hatches and grows into a bright pink Moa and you can ride it.

TL;DR, I got the first mount in the game, the fight was easy, git gud scrubs

EDIT: I don’t have a video of it because my camera broke unexpectedly and conveniently wiped all footage of my game that I had saved, otherwise I’d totally link to it.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

brunobyof.3541

Not to count people who lie sayin that they have zerk gear when they actually are not, or when ppl forget to bring foods then goes out to buy, or bathroom….

brunobyof.3541

U guys who do have a lucky and skilled and commited group simply cant see how frustrating it can be when every group u are is failing for variedade reasons, not because 1 or 2 players are bad. U think everybody else who cant beat the RAID is because they are noobs

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

On a serious note, the first boss (Vale Guardian) is definitely beatable in full exotics.

I was in a PUG team yesterday of mixed exotics/asc and we beat him with over a min left on the timer. We didn’t even have an optimal setup – we had two chronos and two rangers, rofl.