Can I become someone's Arah padawan?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: alextheranger.1820

alextheranger.1820

I’m a 10/30/0/10/20 full zerker guard with ascendeds, and I just mostly want to learn Arah from someone who knows what they’re talking about. I’m totally up for VOIP communications. If anyone is willing to help, I’d be very grateful.
If you would be so kind, either comment or PM me and we’ll get in touch.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

*cough*forums are NA+EU*cough*

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

*cough*forums are NA+EU*cough*

Also, general time of day that you play would be helpful info. Some people have really weird hours.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

What’s wrong with joinin a PUG group? You can learn everything from a PUG group except for meleeing lupi . Most pug will range the boss

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I’ve never joined an Arah group, so i started to try to solo Arah p2 to get experience before trying to pug it. I’m finding it really fun to fight Lupicus but i still can’t survive phase 2.
But what amazed me is the amount of exploits that path has, the first boss Belka just goes afk if you stand in a certain spot, the abomination is a fun boss to fight, Lupicus could be skipped with those experimental rifles but they fixed that and i still don’t know if there is another way to skip him.

alextheranger.1820

Should’ve put NA, on mostly around reset. And I could pug but the few times I’ve tried it’s gone miserably

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Just watch a video of a path before running it. And follow closely. Just join a group with a easy going LFG post and let them know you have are very inexperienced at this dungeon. Generally if you aren’t dumb and didn’t join an “Experienced only Group”, you should be alright. I started doing arah when I was at like 800 AP. Doing p1-3 every day after that point got me all the experience I needed.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’d recommend watching youtube then joining random pug groups first, if you can breeze through things while they’re all faceplanting, then that means you know what you’re doing.

Also it shows how poor pugs are, like when I recently did Arah p4 and they were following me even though I hadn’t even looked at any guides recently because I seemed to know what I was doing.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

What’s wrong with joinin a PUG group? You can learn everything from a PUG group except for meleeing lupi . Most pug will range the boss

Sanderinoa.8065

I will never have a padawan cause I am in EU, people dont want help here

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

It’s true. I learnt to play how I want in a pug group. And the way I play how I want is kicking people.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Can i be your arah padawan?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

a t s e.9614

It’s true. I learnt to play how I want in a pug group. And the way I play how I want is kicking people.

Lol

Posted by: Spiky Muffin.9180

Spiky Muffin.9180

id love to have you as a padawan atse

[rT]
Youtube"

a t s e.9614

I need to know what’s a padawan first ….

Spiky Muffin.9180

I need to know what’s a padawan first ….

that’s part of general education!

[rT]
Youtube"

Sanderinoa.8065

Can i be your arah padawan?

anytime

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

alextheranger.1820

Youtube then Pug it is.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Ill just let you know that the 3 PUG arah runs i have tried have scarred me for life and gave me cancer. Good luck.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I have never pugged Arah in my life, you guys have made me too scared to try. I don’t know maybe it’s because I’m still fairly new to it, but it seems like one of those dungeons where getting braindead pugs like I do I almost everytime I pug other dungeons would make it infinitely worse than just missing those few extra players. Like skipping mobs “oh look atse died again, should we run with him one more time?” Or Tar “No atse you have to stand on the geyser on the geyser! What do you expect the bearbow to do it?” Or Lupi “If this sonnovabish goes invuln on me one more kittening time ATSE STOP RANGING”

Just sayin’ I don’t think I could handle the stress.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

How can you not know what a padawan is?…

Unless you’re 14 and culturally ignorant…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Sure they do, it’s just not always easily given.
If you’re still looking for an Arah Padawan, I’d be happy to pull off the ridiculous crop + braid Jedi hairstyle! Got a fully geared cleric guardian with ascendeds. Only done p3&4, but I would like to learn it well to be able to run it more often.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Spiky Muffin.9180

If you’re still looking for an Arah Padawan, I’d be happy to pull off the ridiculous crop + braid Jedi hairstyle! Got a fully geared cleric guardian with ascendeds. Only done p3&4, but I would like to learn it well to be able to run it more often.

first teaching
clerics gear is a lie, there is only zerker
through zerker sou gain dps
through dps you gain experience
through experience your noob-chains are broken

[rT]
Youtube"

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

first teaching
clerics gear is a lie, there is only zerker
through zerker sou gain dps
through dps you gain experience
through experience your noob-chains are broken

THE ZERK SHALL FREE ME

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

But but… with Cleric there is no death there is survivability.
I did have a zerker set and found that it works beautifully with a decent group, but cleric can save many a PUG.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Wraithlord, GL, Balthazar, Belka, Abom, Brie, Entities, Ooze, Jotun, Alphard, Grenth can be easily soloed, even tough some might take time. Of course most of them you wont have to solo, since they deal little to no damage in the frist place, where at other (for example GL) you might even be faster doing them solo, since noone will mess with their behaviour.
All in all it might be a scumbag thing to do, but ignoring downed allies/letting them die might be a better choice if you still struggle a bit with the encounter (Yes I used to do this @Gl, just waited until my pug died in p2, so i can safely do p3 without worrying about traps or 52 p2→3 transition aoes).

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

a t s e is a true jedi

You scumbag elitists are just siths

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Ok I want an anti warbanner then, downing everyone in my party or killing them if they are downed

Come to the dark side, we had cookie ( ).

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’m on everyones side

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

a t s e is a true jedi

You scumbag elitists are just siths

a t s e.9614

Anti warbannner …. you sir are evil. Maybe you want a banner that rez all mobs instead of your party members ….

Zelyhn.8069

Yes I play elem with lightning whip only because swtor was a huge deception for me and I needed to feel like a sith again.
I played the jedi outcast series, star wars galaxies, I waited a long time for a chance to return … now I can electrocute people to death again MUHAHAHAHAHA

You are a monster for revealing the darkness deep within me Haviz

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Wraithlord, GL, Balthazar, Belka, Abom, Brie, Entities, Ooze, Jotun, Alphard, Grenth can be easily soloed, even tough some might take time. Of course most of them you wont have to solo, since they deal little to no damage in the frist place, where at other (for example GL) you might even be faster doing them solo, since noone will mess with their behaviour.
All in all it might be a scumbag thing to do, but ignoring downed allies/letting them die might be a better choice if you still struggle a bit with the encounter (Yes I used to do this @Gl, just waited until my pug died in p2, so i can safely do p3 without worrying about traps or 52 p2->3 transition aoes).

This pretty much works best for pugs. If there are new people I will explain as we go and res them usually. If it’s an “experienced” group, I just run, kill, open wp.

Can wraithlord really be solo’d? Never tried it but it seems like you’d need at least 2.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its irritating enough to 3man/duo it. But yes it can be solo’d.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

The boss himself is a fairly straightforward solo. The preevent to wraithlord is a rage-inducing solo, especially if you’re not playing a class with some sort of a blink, but possible as well.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

The boss himself is a fairly straightforward solo. The preevent to wraithlord is a rage-inducing solo, especially if you’re not playing a class with some sort of a blink, but possible as well.

That’s what I meant was the pre-event.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Hit me up ingame, OP. I’ll get you in on arah runs when i do them if you’re on NA, or we could just duo path 2/3/4 for fun.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

All in all it might be a scumbag thing to do, but ignoring downed allies/letting them die might be a better choice if you still struggle a bit with the encounter (Yes I used to do this @Gl, just waited until my pug died in p2, so i can safely do p3 without worrying about traps or 52 p2->3 transition aoes).

This pretty much works best for pugs. If there are new people I will explain as we go and res them usually. If it’s an “experienced” group, I just run, kill, open wp.

Can wraithlord really be solo’d? Never tried it but it seems like you’d need at least 2.

Knock yourself out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mt5OP18EUE

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Zelyhn.8069

I think anyone willing to improve his Arah performance should read this thoroughly.

Can I get my golds now Haviz ?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

I think anyone willing to improve his Arah performance should read this thoroughly.

Can I get my golds now Haviz ?

A note about Necrid Trap – if you stand perfectly within Lupi’s red target circle, he will not use it on you. Also, silver mobs are Veterans, not Elites. Site is good on a first glance, but can use a lot of clean-ups~

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would like to see proof that if you stand on somewhere else he will cast Necrid Trap. Or that moving at specific range doesn’t make him use it. Because I still think it is only related to movement.

And I’m not sure what I should say about your “veteran=elite” comment. Have you ever done fractals or any open pve content? Or do you never look at the health bars to check enemy icon?
You should check this , perhaps that opens your mind!

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

In my experience, if I keep pushing him around the room in phase 3 he never uses Necrid Trap, he only does that when I “cross” the max melee range line.

Wethospu.6437

Try without pushing him (circle around him). I have couple of times just sat on range and let him come at me and he has never used Necrid Trap.

There are 4 factors which affect or may affect it; movement, downed state, range and pushing. I’m interested whether range or pushing affects it or both.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its probably a combination of movement and being a bit too far away. Thats my take on it. If you hug close it doesnt trigger. But lupi can get pushed away from teammates and then decide to dome someone who doesnt move back to him fast enough.

Wethospu.6437

That’s why it should be thoroughly tested. So we can stop speculating!

Dub.1273

I did a 10 min guardian solo, permanently moving, getting zero bubbles. Aswell as i’ve been standing still and getting bubbles. It’s absolutely only based on distance, including distance coming from z-axis, though!

Dub | [rT]

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I did a 10 min guardian solo, permanently moving, getting zero bubbles. Aswell as i’ve been standing still and getting bubbles. It’s absolutely only based on distance, including distance coming from z-axis, though!

I need to test this more too… Duo’ing might be the easiest way to test different situations. When my Duo partner gets on, I shall check out some stuff.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Dub.1273

Soloing is, duo’ing might make him moves into a bad distance to you and bubble you for apparently “no reason”.

Dub | [rT]

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Soloing is, duo’ing might make him moves into a bad distance to you and bubble you for apparently “no reason”.

Well if both stay close to him, then one starts moving slowly away, you see what happens next. Then the guy who is further away doesn’t move. See if bubbles happen. Then while he is far away, have the close guy start moving around like a salmon stuck on dry land.

Then if no bubbles, have the both players start moving around, if no bubbles. Return to neutral.

Have the outer guy start drifting more, then start moving test again. If the inner guy never causes a reaction, then you know its distance. Just my thought on testing.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I will make a video of me kiting around him in phase 3 and the second I step out of range he will dome my kitten . It definitely is all about placement and not about movement. Oh and also, to whoever said you should be inside his red circle you couldn’t be more wrong. In any 5 man group you will push him away and get your whole party domed. But at least you can blame them for failing.

[DnT]

(edited by Syn Sity.5826)