Can dungeon tokens be collectibles?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hollowcrown.4872

hollowcrown.4872

So dungeon tokens and (I think) honour badges have to be stored in your bank account, taking up valuable space, especially if you’ve got multiple stacks of them you’re saving up.

When you right click on them, there is a greyed out “Deposit Collectible” button. Will the tokens eventually have their own collectible section, and if so, when will this be implemented and why isn’t it there yet?

Posted by: Defrost.1679

Defrost.1679

1. They DID give us a new, free, bank tab for rare materials.
  2. They DID add Laurels as a new currency, without using Tokens.
  3. Do we have stacks of gold or karma? Do we have stacks of weapon mastery points (2,670/5,000 kills with an axe)? Nope.
  4. Tokens are a non-trade-able, account-wide currency, equivalent to Karma/Laurels. Plain and simple.
  5. The question (for Tokens) shouldn’t be about how big of a stack size vs required amount of computer storage space. The question should be, “Why do we have stacks for THIS type of non-trade-able currency?”
  6. All that is needed is a new tab for the Hero Panel, showing a list of Tokens & amounts.

PLEASE don’t make Tokens a “Deposit-able Collectible”, that we are all seeing hinted at, when we right-click a Token. PLEASE just make a Tokens tab in the Hero Panel… showing all the various amounts we have.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I agree make them like the other currency in the game I would rather have stacks of laurels…. Its not like those are going to pile up in peoples banks like the dungeon currency does. 250 is really easy to get.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

3. Do we have stacks of gold or karma? Do we have stacks of weapon mastery points (2,670/5,000 kills with an axe)? Nope.
  4. Tokens are a non-trade-able, account-wide currency, equivalent to Karma/Laurels. Plain and simple.
  5. The question (for Tokens) shouldn’t be about how big of a stack size vs required amount of computer storage space. The question should be, “Why do we have stacks for THIS type of non-trade-able currency?”
  6. All that is needed is a new tab for the Hero Panel, showing a list of Tokens & amounts.

PLEASE don’t make Tokens a “Deposit-able Collectible”, that we are all seeing hinted at, when we right-click a Token. PLEASE just make a Tokens tab in the Hero Panel… showing all the various amounts we have.

This.

+1

I’ll just add that while no means is it anything other than inconvenient, having to go to the bank, grab your tokens, go to Fort Mariner, then go back to the bank and put them back in in case another toon needs them. It’s not a game breaker, it’s just inconvenient for what must be a simple fix.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

This.

Dungeon tokens are pointless as a collectible, it takes like 4 runs to hit a 250 stack. They should transition them into the hero tab like laurels.

I currently have 2 bank tabs dedicated to tokens because I’m OCD and like having 1500 of each type on hand so I can always deck out any alt in a full set of a specific armor gear or buy a few weapons if that comes up. Be nice if I could free up those 2 tabs >_>

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Agree with Defrost.

If Anet is going to put UI resources to work on this, better to put it in the hero panel than adding it to the collection tab.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

So dungeon tokens and (I think) honour badges have to be stored in your bank account, taking up valuable space, especially if you’ve got multiple stacks of them you’re saving up.

When you right click on them, there is a greyed out “Deposit Collectible” button. Will the tokens eventually have their own collectible section, and if so, when will this be implemented and why isn’t it there yet?

Scuttlebutt was that this was incoming shortly after we got the Rare Materials and Event collectible sections. I never saw a dev post on it at the time, so consider that thoroughly unconfirmed.

The only barrier to this that I can see is stack size. Currently the collectible system allows for deposit of one full stack per collectible – dungeon tokens easily require multiple stacks.

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

The idea of a tokens tab – freaking epic. Brilliant.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i would rather see tokens in hero panel than collectibles.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I vote that defrost wins the forums for his suggestion. I have seen screenshots of players with 2 or 3 bank tabs full different dungeon tokens and I think this is rather unnecessary. AN please change this.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

Tokens should be considered currency and have their own tab in hero panel. The way they are implemented now is just bad.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

Tokens are currency and should be treated as such.

Unless Anet has plans to add recipes involving them to the mystic forge or something.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Tokens are currency and should be treated as such.

Unless Anet has plans to add recipes involving them to the mystic forge or something.

There are recipes involving tokens for normal crafting and for mystic forge.

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

Turning it into a currency also gets rid of the risk of accidentally deleting them.

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

At first it was Yay – they made them account wide.
Then i had long break and returned lately, i right-click on tokens and i see “deposit collectible”… easy to guess i was excited about another good change about tokens, but got quickly disappointed.