Can we get a group finder?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Metal Sage.9703

Metal Sage.9703

I think it would save a lot of time for people looking for PuGs if we got some sort of group finder in the game. I enjoy the dungeons and am willing to play them but it is so hard for me to find a group to play the same dungeons, and when I go to LA and search for a group, I would eventually get a message saying i’m spamming after 3 messages asking LFG. I just know a lot of people could get in dungeons faster and not waste time and take up map chat with a system like this.

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

+, need world lfp window, not shouting only 1 map. its needed, however not necessery, hope it ll be done in 1 year

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Posted by: Xhaine.4120

Xhaine.4120

Looking for party/group tools would be nice, but not a group finder. There is no ‘set’ trinity, well kind of one, but not really enough to say you are tank, healer, or dps. Setting up a group finder could be difficult on that pretense. Unless you want to go with the just group 5 people up or 5 different classes up and hope the group can sort out the roles. If you go the 5 different class route than you’d have people waiting in long queues on the over populated professions.

I think just a tool to help get groups (set yourself as looking for group and people can search kinda tool) would be nice. With a comment sections to say how amazing you are at the deeps or… to say how you can contribute to the group

- Xhaine

Posted by: Vohngar.4927

Vohngar.4927

+1 for the group finder. The holy trinity does not exist, and so why could we not just have a easy tool to que people up for the dungeon(s) they want?

I’d personally love this, and would take out of chat (or most of) the lfg/lfm that sometimes people complain about spamming areas

Posted by: MacGuffin.2456

MacGuffin.2456

I don’t want anything that’s completely automated, but a better way to advertize what you are looking for a group for (which dungeon, which mode, which path) would be helpful. LFG at the moment is just too vague to be useful.

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I could just imagine the added QQ on the forums for people crying for nerfs if they put a LFD style tool in. These dungeons are meant to be run with a coordinated group of players. Most, not all mind you, pugs are hardly capable to doing that as it stand already. This type of tool is not needed in this game. If you want to run dungeons you can easily start a group yourself in chat or join a guild that does them.

Now a chat specifically designed for this, maybe. /map works just fine for me but I guess something like a universal map would work… but then the gold spammers would start there. :-(

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I’d love a group finder. I have a pretty strange schedule, and I can only really play for decent stretches of time during the earlier hours of the weekday. This is also obviously when server population is not doing too hot, and so it gets to be near impossible to get any dungeons going. In the past week and a half I’ve only managed to successfully get groups to run 3 dungeon instances. Many times there will be 2-3 people willing to run the dungeons I’m looking for, but far more often than not I haven’t been able to get a complete group.

But that’s not the only problem. If I was only able to do the dungeons 2-4 times a week, I’d be okay with it. Sure, it’ll make grinding up the items I want take that much longer, but I’m not in any rush. The real problem is that to get into a group, I have two choices: either spam in Lion’s Arch and hope people are willing to do my dungeon, or waste gold teleporting maps to see if people in that map are willing to do their corresponding dungeons. I shouldn’t have to advertise/check two different areas to see if people are running one dungeon instance. Since I can only play during these relatively low population times, waiting around in map for a group can take well over an hour.

I really don’t want to spend my time “playing” simply sitting there and hoping that a group will come together.

The current LFG function in the contacts list is terrible. Not only do people not know it exists, but it’s simply has poor functionality to begin with. All it does is put you on a list saying you’re looking for a group; it doesn’t give any actual relevant information. Are you looking for a group to just run and complete the map with? Looking for a group to run story mode? Looking for a group to run exploration? It’s woefully inadequate.

I’d be fine if there was no automated dungeon finder, but if you want the LFG thing to be useful I’d at least like to see the list compiled between all maps, with the ability to put WHAT you’re looking for and what class you are (ex. you can filter yourself under LFG – Crucible of Eternity/Story Mode/Thief).

Posted by: Metal Sage.9703

Metal Sage.9703

I could just imagine the added QQ on the forums for people crying for nerfs if they put a LFD style tool in. These dungeons are meant to be run with a coordinated group of players. Most, not all mind you, pugs are hardly capable to doing that as it stand already. This type of tool is not needed in this game. If you want to run dungeons you can easily start a group yourself in chat or join a guild that does them.

Now a chat specifically designed for this, maybe. /map works just fine for me but I guess something like a universal map would work… but then the gold spammers would start there. :-(

How could people complain about a group finder?

Posted by: Strongheart.5629

Strongheart.5629

The current LFG function in the contacts list is terrible. Not only do people not know it exists, but it’s simply has poor functionality to begin with. All it does is put you on a list saying you’re looking for a group; it doesn’t give any actual relevant information. Are you looking for a group to just run and complete the map with? Looking for a group to run story mode? Looking for a group to run exploration? It’s woefully inadequate.

I’d be fine if there was no automated dungeon finder, but if you want the LFG thing to be useful I’d at least like to see the list compiled between all maps, with the ability to put WHAT you’re looking for and what class you are (ex. you can filter yourself under LFG – Crucible of Eternity/Story Mode/Thief).

+1 I agree with this. If they do not want to implement an automated LFD tool, then they need to modify their existing LFG option to include a global search of LFG characters that displays the class, dungeon(s)/Map quest etc.. and a notes section.

A global LFG channel would be disastrous. You would be forced into reading all the childish banter, Guild recruitment spam and gold spammers.

StrongHeart
Norn – Warrior
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

How could people complain about a group finder?

Did you even bother reading what I put? I said even more people would QQ about how “hard” dungeons are, even more than are complaining now.

Posted by: Souto.2157

Souto.2157

Well, it is not a perfect LFG Channel but:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Looking-for-Group-Work-Around/first#post288520

There is already some guys there, and everyone member can invite more, so this can grow up quickly!

And works for all player base, since u can join a dungeon with plp from other servers!!

(edited by Souto.2157)

Posted by: Lmnotz.2057

Lmnotz.2057

there is a /lfg option which will put you into a looking for party portion under your contacts section…hit y, 2nd option down

Posted by: Souto.2157

Souto.2157

there is a /lfg option which will put you into a looking for party portion under your contacts section…hit y, 2nd option down

To be honest, this don`t work well!

Posted by: krookie.6378

krookie.6378

Dungeon finder is a must. I’ve been having some very serious issues with running dungeons past lvl 70. I’ve been cursed out and kicked from groups for watching cutscenes in story mode. I’ve had people leave groups for the stupidest things, like if they died once. Since getting to the Arah part of the personal story, I’ve been trying to find a group for Arah story mode without any luck. Everyone wants to do explorer mode and when I finally did find a story group, 2 people left at the beginning because others were watching cutscenes. Basically, it’s been a nightmare and a huge turn off from the game.

There is no community. People are treating instances the same way they do in other games that offer cross server dungeon finder. I’m actually having a hard time logging in anymore because I’m at a point where I have to deal with d-bags to enjoy the rest of the game.

A dungeon finder would at least make it easier and faster to find groups.

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

I see no real harm in this idea. Seems pretty convenient.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

They’re working on making the LFG system more expansive, but some of you should listen to yourselves.

Don’t add or improve upon this feature, because this will happen! Fear mongers.

There is -always- room for improvement.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

But it doesn’t say if you want story or exploration. I actually can’t believe they put it in game….. or didn’t release the game with some kind of updated system.

This game has auto ques for sPVP and WvWvW but nothing for Dungeons?
And there are MANY improvements in GW2 vs other MMO’s, again I don’t understand the reasoning for not having a LFG tool.

Posted by: ChrisLew.5492

ChrisLew.5492

+1 I’m off the game till they add:

- LFG finder.
- Account bound karma (My first toon has over 200K that I won’t be grinding again, thank you – and dungeon tokens are now account bound).

And for features like this, if you don’t like it, don’t use it. The lack of an auto-que for LFG is a gross misstep on ANets’ part. Every other group activity – PVP, WvW. drop in dynamic events – is a breeze to que for and participate in, but for PVE dungeons we’re forced to shout ourselves silent – as the filter inevitably kicks in – as if we’re in a circa 2004 MMO. Ridiculous.