Can we please nerf the AC spider queen?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I don’t need to change my signature because people still don’t pay attention to it.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I like my solution which is to let you FADC using endurance.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

kittening Guang out of nowhere. I love this thread

Brazil

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Like seriously. I haven’t done this path in months because this fight is so broken now. It does too much damage and it’s literally impossible to do without wiping.

Man I LOVE your sarcastic posts.

Greetz and happy wallrunning!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I should have looked at the OP before reading the rest of the comments.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

They should put a Skip Spider Queen-portal in the gem store.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Anski.6257

Anski.6257

Shes not that hard. If you’re into corners with full zerker party you can ice bow 5 her so she can’t do anything and kill her before the ice wears off. Or you can just equip ranged weapons and kill her in the room. Going melee against her is a suicide. TBH telling to nerf her in the first place to me is scary. First because shes not that hard and second because this game doesnt have enough hard content. Honestly only hard dungeon content this game has is in Arah, and mostly because Lupicus is hard with a pug group.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I tried Ice Bow 5 today and it didn’t work. Clearly that’s a bug, hence why the spider needs to be nerfed

Brazil

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

I tried Ice Bow 5 today and it didn’t work. Clearly that’s a bug, hence why the spider needs to be nerfed

In all seriousness, what exactly is the animation I should be watching for before I freeze her? I have forrest gumped into doing it correctly the last couple of times but not sure if there’s something specific I should know before my luck runs out :P

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

In all seriousness, what exactly is the animation I should be watching for before I freeze her? I have forrest gumped into doing it correctly the last couple of times but not sure if there’s something specific I should know before my luck runs out :P

Freeze her the second she’s around the corner, burst her into oblivion. No rocket science, really.

Rainshine.5493

Freeze her the second she’s around the corner, burst her into oblivion. No rocket science, really.

OK that’s what I’d been doing, like I said wasn’t sure if I just lucked into it though, lol. Thanks for clarifying

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

OK that’s what I’d been doing, like I said wasn’t sure if I just lucked into it though, lol. Thanks for clarifying

She has two attacks, both seem to have the same charge animation, the normal spider charge. With Ice bow freeze that implies you have a FGS as well, and well… the 5s deep Freeze should be more than enough time to kill her so as soon as you have a clear shot is fine. if you’re using warrior for it just wait for the normal spider charge. Typically she seems to do the web first then the poison second, but I don’t want to say that’s for sure as I’m not positive on that just seems that way I’ve never checked to make sure.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

She glows when she charges up for her Venom Spray. Icebow 5 has a lond windup, so ppl usually time the attack to hit her once she LOS, but if you don’t have ele, you can wait for that glow to interrupt it. Non-projectile interrupts like fear or mesmer mantra works best since the little spiders sometimes body block.

Rainshine.5493

She has two attacks, both seem to have the same charge animation, the normal spider charge. With Ice bow freeze that implies you have a FGS as well, and well… the 5s deep Freeze should be more than enough time to kill her so as soon as you have a clear shot is fine.

Thanks.

In a full zerk group it’s definitely not a problem but a couple of guildies use other builds for guild-only runs so I wanted to learn the animation to make it a bit smoother because I enjoy running with ’em

@Tom: Thanks, will remember that if I ever get around to gearing something other than ele for dungeons.

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Spider Queen impossibru now pls nurf

? ? ?_? ?? GIFF AC AETHERPATH ? ? ?_? ??

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Like seriously. I haven’t done this path in months because this fight is so broken now. It does too much damage and it’s literally impossible to do without wiping.

Sorry but if you wipe on ac spider queen there’s something you are doing wrong.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Sorry but if you wipe on ac spider queen there’s something you are doing wrong.

And I’m surprised when people don’t read the lfg… Explains everything.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Reading between the lines = exploit.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

She glows when she charges up for her Venom Spray. Icebow 5 has a lond windup, so ppl usually time the attack to hit her once she LOS, but if you don’t have ele, you can wait for that glow to interrupt it. Non-projectile interrupts like fear or mesmer mantra works best since the little spiders sometimes body block.

If the Spider Queen has defiance, can you still interrupt her Venom Spray? Or is it a one time thing till her defiance get whittled down again?

Also, is there a trick to safely killing the low level spiders inside the room to make the Spider Queen appear and pulling her to the LOS spot? I run around with Staff on Guard, but I end up having to pop Condition Removal and Heal just to make it back safely. If there is FGS, I pick it up , use #4 and then #3 to dodge with it. Else, I just pop remaining dodges/skills, trying desperately to stay alive.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

If the Spider Queen has defiance, can you still interrupt her Venom Spray? Or is it a one time thing till her defiance get whittled down again?

Also, is there a trick to safely killing the low level spiders inside the room to make the Spider Queen appear and pulling her to the LOS spot? I run around with Staff on Guard, but I end up having to pop Condition Removal and Heal just to make it back safely. If there is FGS, I pick it up , use #4 and then #3 to dodge with it. Else, I just pop remaining dodges/skills, trying desperately to stay alive.

If she has defiance stacks, no, you cannot interrupt her. She has to have zero stacks of defiance. Thus, you should strategically use a long-duration CC on her initially, and coordinate with your team who will be CCing her (no one else use CC skills until she’s been CCed by the right person). Just get her to the stack spot, and when the yellow/orangeish glow starts (indicating the spit attack), be prepared to CC her. Ideally, you want CC to land immediately before the attack would hit, but erring on the side of caution is always good.

You probably won’t need to CC her twice if your team has good damage. If you do, what should happen is after she’s been CCed once, the rest of your team spams CC (except for a designated CC the second person to actually CC her will use) until she again has zero defiance stacks. Then the second person waits for the animation, and interrupts. If you fail to kill her and she has remaining defiance stacks, decide if you want to try to stack again, or if you want to just do her “normally”; if you want to stack again, send someone in who can CC her enough to get the stacks to zero, ideally, or possibly two people depending on the number of stacks, what CC you have, etc. If this is your strategy, you may need to slot additional CC, especially if you’ve wiped before and need to get those defiance stacks down quickly.

As for pulling the tiny spiders, make sure you have “look back” bound on a useful key. Dodge or otherwise block/evade their attacks that inflict poison. For a Guardian, swapping to GS once you have aggro (with autotarget off) and using your leap to get closer to the stack spot quicker might also help. With practice, you can generally avoid being hit.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

For pulling them I kinda just have a pattern.

Start on the stairs leading down, jump to the little ledge on that pillar there (the one half way down the stairs on the left) Stack swiftness with staff3. Once done, jump down and look tot he left, toss and AA to kill that spider. Turn around quickly and toss another AA or two to kill the spider that spawns more in the middle, then run to the back of the room and AA the spider there. Then Dodge, by that time I’ll have spider and gargoyle projectiles on the way, so I dodge up towards the stairs, then hit the small spider to the left and then to the right, and dodge again back towards the entrance, at that time the queen is spawning and I high tail it into the stacking corner.

USUALLY I’m good with that, though sometimes things aren’t perfect. I’ll come in at 75% + health and maybe having to hit one condition removal (absolute resolution is great).

And yes you have to strip defiance, but, if your group can’t kill in one CC you should probably just do it in the middle for an easier time.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Wouldn’t it be a good idea if say defiance just gave say 15 seconds of stability. That way boon removal abilities would be useful for bosses and could lead to maybe more interesting fights?

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

I see no problem with the current defiance mechanic. Coordinate with your team to strip it. If you can’t do that, get on a class that has tons of cc and do it yourself.

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

She’s easy: Don’t stack her.

But 67% of the people don’t want to not stack and continue failing at her.

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Thank you very much for the pulling tips. Hopefully I get stacking groups so that I can have 2 or 3 shots to practice.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You can easily solo there for practising.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

bring mesmer with phantasmal disenchanter. she’s easy.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK