Can we stop blitzing Story mode?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SarahTV.6470

SarahTV.6470

Look, I get it. I don’t play dungeons on a daily basis. I’ve not gotten bored of them yet, because I’ve not really done them… and as a general player base, you’re not helping my situation.

I am the one that dropped out of the Waves of Honor Story Dungeon, because while four out of five of us were doing content as intended, the fifth decided they were going to blitz the dungeon. I left (After dying trying to keep up in an unfamiliar dungeon), because my enjoyment of the dungeon specifically is tied to having the experience of the dungeon. Without knowing the map, I ended up dying, because I didn’t know the dungeon as well as the blitzer, and the people who went along for the ride.

I enjoy dungeons intensely. I like the atmospheres, I like having encounters with things. By blitzing, you completely take out the enjoyment I get out of the content. I am in despair at playing Dungeons in this game, because if I don’t know the exploits, or if I want to look at things, I get kicked, or I get completely left behind.

It’s bothersome, because I don’t get to learn the content. It’s bothersome because I don’t get to enjoy the content in the first place, and it’s ultimately upsetting, because gear skins I would like to possess, are locked behind people without patients to spend more than 10 minutes in a dungeon.

I don’t know if there is any solution to this problem, and I don’t expect to find any here. I just need to complain to the community. The way you play through the end game content ruins the game for me, and that’s sad. Dungeons should be the experience you want to have. Not the chore you want to skip, but do anyway.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

How about you make your own groups with friends who think like you. Or come up with a nice description in the LFG where you say “slow going” or something.

Don’t expect people to cater to your whims. Their opinions are just as valid as yours. Make your own parties. Done.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Try this in the LFG:

“Story|Watching cutscenes|All welcome”.

Problem fixed.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Story needs to be account bound, plain and simple. There is positively no point in doing story again on another character aside from being able to open explorable, which nobody hardly does anymore since they just rely on someone else to open it. Just start your own group and put in the description not to join if in a rush. Easy.

Posted by: compuman.5394

compuman.5394

I completely understand the posters comments and I totally agree. There is a rush in dungeons, inevitable I guess as people are rushing to get the loot and rushing to get the xp and rushing to get the dungeon finished. This is a failure of the human species itself not exactly a failure of the game. We seem to be bred to rush through life and never slow down to smell the roses.
I think a simple solution is for GW2 to have a simple interface for it to weed it out. On the LFG system add in a required check box for rushing or no rushing or similar. That way people who want to rush can group up, I see them posted for the paths all the time and they are called speed runs. The community could adopt a speed run labeling on its own for story mode but that is open to failure as it would need to be known and understood by everyone.
Getting left behind in a dungeon is terrible for any reason. In some cases you miss the XP of the event because some ^^% ran off ahead and in some cases you even miss loot all of which you should be able to get. I would suggest preventing the running off altogether but that would get flamed surely. I would rather see a range trigger where all group members had to be in the specific area before the event would start. We already have the ability to kick someone out of the dungeon for any reason with a voting system in the event someone tried to hijack the entire group. That system would force people running ahead to wait anyways. Getting left behind happens all the time and for many reasons, watching a scene, stuck in battle with some mob that the group didn’t kill or worse, your dead and the rushing group is always in combat so you can even port to catch up. With rushers I usually tell them to quit rushing and if they persist I let them rush ahead and die and then leave them that way. It’s a frustration that does not need to be there, especially for the casual gamer. Take a mother with kids who is playing a dungeon, one kids walks in and asks a serious of questions, she is tied up for 1 minute and when her attention comes back the rushers are way ahead, she is dead and can’t resurrect. No need for this at all, the 1 minute hold up should be part of the system of group play in the gaming world.
That’s my two cents.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Just post “Story mode, no rush”. It will keep the “meta” players and those after quick runs away.

Then again, as it’s a story mode maybe not, but you can always vote to kick if people disregarded your LFG.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

There’s a problem with LFG, that some people dont read. I’ve had champ box farmers join my SE group, who went ahead and selected p1 first, then leave abruptly without a word before the last boss. I started the instance myself luckily.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you were 4/5 with a “blitzer”, why not just kick the blitzer, or just ask him nicely to take it slowly?

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Bingo!

Actually, I probably exploited my Bingo game…

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

Try this in the LFG:

“Story|Watching cutscenes|All welcome”.

Problem fixed.

This.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’ve had a very fun run of story SE today. Adding “first time in dungeon” works wonders, successfully keeping every “blitz” runner away

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144