Cannot upgrade my rings to Attuned

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I have infused rings with infusions inside, but I cant put them in the mystic forge. Is it a bug? My guild mate told me he normally could upgrade his old rings to Attuned. I also tried to extract infusions from these rings but nothing happened. They still cant be visible in the mystic forge! I dont want to get new ones because I have Circle of Light thats no more obtainable and I just want to have it, you know!

#ELEtism

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Old Magic Find rings cannot be put in the forge. Also rings that were obtained before the Fractured patch cannot be put in the forge. If you have either of those you will have to get new ones.

Nova [rT]

Vyko.6953

Here are screenshots of the mystic forge. My rings cant be put in and they are not Attuned yet as you can see.

Anyone got this problem too? How to solve it? Dont wanna buy new ones..

Attachments:

#ELEtism

Vyko.6953

Old Magic Find rings cannot be put in the forge. Also rings that were obtained before the Fractured patch cannot be put in the forge. If you have either of those you will have to get new ones.

well, this sucks hard. I want to keep my old and rare Circle of light

#ELEtism

Vyko.6953

So I asked some people and they COULD use their OLD rings. So its definitely a bug! I have posted it on bug forum so lets hope for a fix. Maybe people who have the same problem could help by checking my thread on the bug forum and posting something there.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

You need to attune your rings first before you infuse them to get the double agony infusion slot. So you would have to buy new rings, attune them, then infuse them. Most likely a bug and will be fixed but who knows how long that will take. So use the extractor on your current infused rings so you don’t lose out on the infusions at least.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You need to attune your rings first before you infuse them to get the double agony infusion slot. So you would have to buy new rings, attune them, then infuse them. Most likely a bug and will be fixed but who knows how long that will take. So use the extractor on your current infused rings so you don’t lose out on the infusions at least.

That is not true as I attuned my already infused rings.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

That is not true as I attuned my already infused rings.

As did I

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

Mines wouldn’t attune unless i used the extractors on them first, the same thing happened to a friend of mines. Guess it’s just a bug.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Shouldn’t make a difference but all the ones that I have attuned so far I put the attunement material in first. At work so can’t test if that might be part of the issue.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Pre-fractured rings didnt work for me and all my friends/guildies.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Pre-fractured rings didnt work for me and all my friends/guildies.

Yeah, I really think it’s an issue of ring age.

That fractured patch really was the worst.

Posted by: Mav.9708

Mav.9708

Will this ever be fixed? I’d like to attune my circle of light to match red ring of death

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Like with many MF options I’d change the order of putiing them in, 1st do the upgrade thing, then the ring then the other stuff. or do ’m second and third…

I had the same problem as well when I wanted to upgrade my sinister rings and I gotit done without a problem, make sure you buy some extractors first (1 per ring so you can remove the AR thingy) else they are gone! also remember if you wan to upgrade your ring’s agony you have full opportunity to do so, of to change infusions from char to char…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Like with many MF options I’d change the order of putiing them in, 1st do the upgrade thing, then the ring then the other stuff. or do ’m second and third…

I had the same problem as well when I wanted to upgrade my sinister rings and I gotit done without a problem, make sure you buy some extractors first (1 per ring so you can remove the AR thingy) else they are gone! also remember if you wan to upgrade your ring’s agony you have full opportunity to do so, of to change infusions from char to char…

You don’t understand the issue here. AFAIK Sinister was added after Fractured (I may be wrong).

ALL rings before Fractured patch worked differently, and those ones can’t be Mystic Forged.
Even if you remove the infusions from them they will still be there when you link the ring in chat. That’s how old rings worked. The Forge probably reads them as well as rings that have an infusion inside and doesn’t want to accept them.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I only hav 2 of those -infused- rings on 18 characters and 2 full banktab of characters, 9+ characters have 2(+) full sets.. I already replaced them tbh and I understand what you mean they should have been corrected to new specs.,

I have the old explorer (?, if I’m right) stat rings on my ranger
(egg of the crystal dragon, and 2 more) I understand these ring are said not to be upgradable (having zerk stats atm, but used to be power/precision/magic find (comparable to traveler power/condition dmg/magic find?).

I think those rings should be continued AND with selections added for stats now unused/unavailable… (zealots. gives, dire, HoT stats and the like…)

I don’t think gear should be invalidated. the selection boxes exist (they were made stat selectable after the removal of magic find, like (the vicious claw based MF recipe’s for a quiver and book), as well as -ALL- other gear… containing MF…

It would open up room for the newer stats while not needing new icons and work other then expanding the stat lists…. I do not even mind my accesoires and amulet not being reselectable…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.