Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

I want to raid, but people say they cant invite me Please help

Cant join squad

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Are you already in a party? Is there any more information you can provide?

Cant join squad

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Ugh Anet fix your stuff. Or post decent command guides on how people need to do this.

Someone invited me to squad, I left that squad, then another squad could not invite me. Said no option when right clicking on my name? I myself have no clue how to invite ppl to squad, suggesting /invite to them didn’t seem to work.

/squadjoin name doesn’t work because most likely they made their squad private.

Also I heard you can’t invite people to squad from within raid instance? Why? Meaning raid squads can’t go lfg?

The upshot is, gg me trying to join a squad that’s looking for my build.
Thx

Cant join squad

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Bugged out 10 minutes ago. Can’t talk nor leave squad.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Cant join squad

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Are you already in a party? Is there any more information you can provide?

So sorry that you have to deal with stuff like above. =(

But thanks for taking the time to be responsive to the forums and make sure everything is working for us!

Cant join squad

Posted by: The Hero Warrior Il.7681

The Hero Warrior Il.7681

Bugged out 10 minutes ago. Can’t talk nor leave squad.

same for me

Cant join squad

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

You must be on same server like Desolation etc and in same location.

BTW: want invite button in squad/raid UI

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Cant join squad

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You don’t have to be on the same server; I’m on Elona Reach and got invited by someone from Whiteside Ridge.

Cant join squad

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

I like how no one invites unless you have full ascended. Yet I finallyy get in one of these groups, they all die before me to the mechanics and the fact they don’t have two brain cells to rub together.

Can’t get a group consistantly due to the stupid gear check.

Cant join squad

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I like how no one invites unless you have full ascended. Yet I finallyy get in one of these groups, they all die before me to the mechanics and the fact they don’t have two brain cells to rub together.

That’s what guilds are for. =)

I’d avoid pugs like the plague when it comes to raid content.

Cant join squad

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why are you pugging raids in the first place? It’s like dissolving your face in acid.

Cant join squad

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Edit: for clarity, the pug did fail, as expected. Still lots of fun.

Why are you pugging raids in the first place? It’s like dissolving your face in acid.

I just got done pugging it. We all joined a TS and talked. We were all realistic that we probably would fail, but we all wanted to try it. We had a great time, talking, discussing strategy, etc. Pugs are pretty normal people once you start talking to them.

Cant join squad

thrag.9740

I tried to edit my post but it wouldnt let me. Just to be clear, the pug did fail, oh well. It was still a lot of fun, and I imagine a lot of organized groups are going to fail too.

Cant join squad

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Edit: for clarity, the pug did fail, as expected. Still lots of fun.

I just got done pugging it. We all joined a TS and talked. We were all realistic that we probably would fail, but we all wanted to try it. We had a great time, talking, discussing strategy, etc. Pugs are pretty normal people once you start talking to them.

I’m not saying pugs aren’t normal people, not sure where you are seeing this.
I’m simply saying that it’s going to be hard to find decent pugs like you did, which are willing to get into TS, properly strategize etc. and it’s going to cause a lot of headache. Also you’re playing with people you never played before, making things even more difficult.

Cant join squad

thrag.9740

Well I mostly got that impression from this:

dissolving your face in acid.

Hardly difficult to get a good pug. All I did was type this in map chat,“who wants to try raids? Must join my teamspeak”. And then I talked to them.

I think there is a lot of confirmation bias when it comes to pugs. What about the guardian who pops aegis perfectly on diviner? The necro that uses his blind field perfectly in the city fractal? The thief that knows where to drop his smoke fields in the arah p2? No one ever notices good players.

Cant join squad

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

eh, i pugged it because all guildies were at work/school/playing a new nuclear apocalypse game. couple pugs in we ended up doing pretty well, got it to like 50%ish third phase

Cant join squad

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Here’s the thing. People expect the squad (especially in PVE) to work like the invites/join. Make it work like that, or at the least, make it so you can right-click on guildies to invite to squad (like you can to party). Right now, it’s mostly borked, we have to get people to exit the instance (raid) go to guild hall, right click and join/invite. You literally need to either see a tag on the map or be standing in front of the person.

The raid is fine, getting people into it, however, is not.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Cant join squad

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I was only able to invite people to my raid party that were in the very same instance as me.
I could not right click on people in my friend list or guild to invite them.
They were not in a party and not in a raid or squad.
I could not invite people in other instances of the same map.
I could not invite people from LFG, trying to click join makes me get ripped out of my raid party, without confirmation, and get placed in their party.
What follows is that my raid group cannot invite me back or seemingly invite anyone else and I could not join them in any way.

My wishlist:

• Support raids in LFG -at least- by letting people invite to raid. Posting a raid on lfg could be nice as well, but not necessary.
  • Fix the robustness of the raid squads with decent warnings about what is going to happen if you try to do something that is probably not desireable, like getting ripped out of your raid group and be placed in a party. And the issue with not being able to be invited back to the raid (because the leadership and options wasn’t properly inherited? unsure? something?)
  • Make it possible to invite people from the friendlist and guildlist.
  • Give us a part of the Squad UI dedicated to inviting people, like with a normal party, where you write the name of a person and regardless where they are in the world or any other world, continent, isntance or coffee house, they should be invited to the squad/raid (except if they’re cross EU/NA servers naturally).

Cant join squad

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Here’s the thing. People expect the squad (especially in PVE) to work like the invites/join. Make it work like that, or at the least, make it so you can right-click on guildies to invite to squad (like you can to party). Right now, it’s mostly borked, we have to get people to exit the instance (raid) go to guild hall, right click and join/invite. You literally need to either see a tag on the map or be standing in front of the person.

The raid is fine, getting people into it, however, is not.

/squadinvite [name] ought to work

Cant join squad

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well I mostly got that impression from this:

dissolving your face in acid.

Hardly difficult to get a good pug. All I did was type this in map chat,“who wants to try raids? Must join my teamspeak”. And then I talked to them.

I think there is a lot of confirmation bias when it comes to pugs. What about the guardian who pops aegis perfectly on diviner? The necro that uses his blind field perfectly in the city fractal? The thief that knows where to drop his smoke fields in the arah p2? No one ever notices good players.

Oh I do, I’ve been pugging for close to three years. There’s good players pugging, but imo the average isn’t exactly good or well geared. If you find good pugs, that’s great.

As for the quoted part, that was mainly directed at the process of finding said good pugs, communicating with them and getting them to stick around/replacing eventual leavers/people not willing to change things up etc.

Cant join squad

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

There is an issue with the squad UI… you need all members to be in the same map and within LOS to join the squad. cannot invite people from guild roster or lfg. I tried organizing people in the guild hall but they have overflow as well… please adress this

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys