Casual dungeons

Casual dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

This comes straight from the email I got from Guild Wars 2, “Guild Wars 2 is a naturally social game that encourages casual cooperation among players, instead of rivalry.”

So why are the dungeons only built for people who have some sort of voice communication and have maxed out gear already? The casual gamer who just hit level 80 won’t be able To complete the dungeon In a decent amount of time and I personally don’t feel like they would enjoy it because of how much the party would wipe.

If you say it’s for the casual gamers actually show that, actions speak louder then words.

Casual dungeons

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

I don’t see the word dungeon there. It doesn’t even say “casual gamers” anywhere.

You are just trolling or you seriously didn’t understand what they meant?

Casual dungeons

Posted by: MadIrishman.9103

MadIrishman.9103

I’d like to see more laid back dungeons. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the game, but dungeons can get a bit stressful for me and I tend not to do them to often because of that. It seems you need voice comms to coordinate better.

I don’t want all dungeons to be casual, but for some folks like me, I can only commit a hour or so to a dungeon, some can take quite a bit of time. So far for me, CM has been the shortest dungeon that I’ve run.

Casual dungeons

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

People really, REALLY need to stop confusing “casual” players with “bad” players.

The dungeons as they exist are perfect for casual players. If I have a bit of free time, I can hop online, ping the guild, make a group and get it done.

The dungeons are NOT for bad players. If you lack skill, you will not enjoy dungeons. And Anet shouldn’t be catering to bad players.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

Casual dungeons

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

People really, REALLY need to stop confusing “casual” players with “bad” players.

The dungeons as they exist are perfect for casual players. If I have a bit of free time, I can hop online, ping the guild, make a group and get it done.

The dungeons are NOT for bad players. If you lack skill, you will not enjoy dungeons. And Anet shouldn’t be catering to bad players.

You sir are correct! 100% All the way.

If you die and the dungeons are too hard then its your fault not the developers or your team mates (usually unless you’re playing with someone who doesn’t understand basic concepts like aggro). These dungeons are made to be beaten but not handed to the player on easy mode.

You have to learn how to survive and fight with each profession, it’s different. This game is still new and players need to figure out how to build a good character with traits and skills that complement each other and benefit a group not just the player alone. It’s just that simple.

Dungeons are meant to be a challenge that you can’t one man army or just simply blow through by using skills 1-5 over and over. Also expect to die a few times there’s a reason why you don’t have to pay to resurrect in a dungeon.

Paying too much to repair your armor? Bring in some fodder armor to throw away once it’s broken.

Casual dungeons

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I want difficult dungeons, only with more complex, deeper mechanics. Not a spam fest that it is now. Nor one-shotting mobs with infinite amount of HP.

Casual dungeons

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

That post made me laugh.Story mode is soooo easy.How can you say that there isn’t a casual difficulty?I can pug it and do it with such easy.It’s not hard at all.If people have problems with it then they have to learn how to play.
Now explorable mode is only for good groups and NOT for pugs or casuals that don’t have time or a groups for them.
Right now Story mode is wow’s normal raid which currently is for everyone with all those nurfs.
Explorable mode is WoW’s HC raids which are NOT for everyone.
There are dungeons for casuals,pugs and people with less time.
And there are dungeons for better players that want challenge.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Casual dungeons

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

They also said dungeons are meant to be hard.

Casual dungeons

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

also small dungeons for solo players would be a nice add

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!