Caudecus Manor

Caudecus Manor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

“LFM Px, 80 zerk meta experienced”
AC: melting with ele, party members optional, yet everybody gets their drill.
COF: fast even with a 5 necro party.
TA: sweet salad fest.
SE: awesomesauce
COE: oh look… its over.

CM: 3 wars no banner, staffguard no reflecs, GS memer, low lvl bearbow , low lvl thief, or shortbow theif no SS…
I solo P1 devices with my theif, just to see that 11k war/guard getting lost in the mansion
Why cm such a scruby magnet? or it just me?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

I solo cm p1 devices often too, just to see someone run down stairs alone pull and die as I’m face palming.

It sometimes feels it would be faster to just take the long route around >_ <

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

My favorite part of pugging CM is when the group decides to stack in one spot for Sure Shot Seamus in p3.

Caudecus Manor

RSLongK.8961

My favorite part of pugging CM is when the group decides to stack in one spot for Sure Shot Seamus in p3.

One tattic i use is hug the house wall, agro them there and apply smoke screen for blinds, pistol whip to clean adds, hope an ele drops fg, then when ss is over start “dancing to stay behind”. drops lots of HP from boss and seem “pug safe”.

Caudecus Manor

RoseofGilead.8907

One tattic i use is hug the house wall, agro them there and apply smoke screen for blinds, pistol whip to clean adds, hope an ele drops fg, then when ss is over start “dancing to stay behind”. drops lots of HP from boss and seem “pug safe”.

Definitely. That works nicely if you have a thief in your group who doesn’t keep SR on his utilities at all times and uses it as a healing method during fights. Sadly, I’ve seen more of that than I have successful meleeing of Seamus from pugs.

Caudecus Manor

RSLongK.8961

Definitely. That works nicely if you have a thief in your group who doesn’t keep SR on his utilities at all times and uses it as a healing method during fights. Sadly, I’ve seen more of that than I have successful meleeing of Seamus from pugs.

Attachments:

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I levelled up my thief on CM p1 because I was sick of joining a group, entering, and then having to sit on my hands when somebody decides it would be a good time for the thief to solo the first part. Now I solo the first part and then advertise.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I usually pay the thieves for soloing the first part. I one started a run and this necro yells something to the effect “yo thief go do your job” I would have kicked him if I thought I would have gotten a second yes vote. Needless to say he went minion master and got himself killed EVERY time we needed to run.

What I usually get when I advertise “CM p1 exp only lvl 80+ Berserker/Sin No bow Rangers”

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I usually pay the thieves for soloing the first part. I one started a run and this necro yells something to the effect “yo thief go do your job” I would have kicked him if I thought I would have gotten a second yes vote. Needless to say he went minion master and got himself killed EVERY time we needed to run.

What I usually get when I advertise “CM p1 exp only lvl 80+ Berserker/Sin No bow Rangers”

A mesmer?

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I find the same thing with any of the not-commonly-run paths. I usually do a gear check for SE2 for example, because I got sick of carrying people in masterwork cleric’s gear who just wanted the achievement.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I find the same thing with any of the not-commonly-run paths. I usually do a gear check for SE2 for example, because I got sick of carrying people in masterwork cleric’s gear who just wanted the achievement.

Why would you do SE path 2???
My only guess would be dangerous amounts of boredom or masochism.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Running CM with pug groups now days is like herding cats, every one runs off in a different direction and when you chat telling them to re-group you get no response?

Some one testing bots in CM or what?

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

CM Fullrun takes about 17-20min.

The people just dont know how easy and lucrative this dungeon is.

Caudecus Manor

RSLongK.8961

Yeah i know, done with a good group is super fast. plusi am rolling thief with extra skips, still… man, they u can get ppl running COE, AC, and even doding troll in HotW why CM becomes so frustrating? >.<

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Yeah i know, done with a good group is super fast. plusi am rolling thief with extra skips, still… man, they u can get ppl running COE, AC, and even doding troll in HotW why CM becomes so frustrating? >.<

Well, I guess most ppl tried this dungeon quite early after starting the game. Crap builds, no reflects and co. They died and died and died..
Everyone is scared of this dungeons with this old reminders and dont wanne go there again.

Caudecus Manor

Fluffball.8307

Why would you do SE path 2???
My only guess would be dangerous amounts of boredom or masochism.

I like the path actually. It’s really not that long if everyone is in berserker gear.

If I’m only running a couple paths it’s probably going to be CoF1 and 2, but some times I’ll sit down and just play all the paths for everything.

Caudecus Manor

DonQuack.9025

I love CM. Unfortunately I can only depend on the Thieves to know what to do.
If Im on my ele no one picks up fgs/ib or they run out of Swirling Winds Or if I have a guardian in the group and go staff he doesnt use blinds/reflects

If im on my guard they run to the other side of the wall of reflection or simply do no damage. Ele doesnt drop fgs/ib.

Just did a run with 3 lvl 80’s who have never done it. Not that it mattered I told em what to do but still. “CM path 1 experience only pls” They are experienced now or rather they have a general idea of what to do when there is a guardian making sure they wont die.

NJow that i think about it… I encourage this. I give in and accept it. /wrists

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

CM is a scrub magnet because all the bad Berserkers on the dungeon train can’t handle the bleeds.

At this point, I just 3/4 man it rather than fill it up with PUGs because it’s simply quicker not having people kitten up stealth skips.

Hallowed Ground -> WOR -> Fiery Rush -> Dead. Stacking out of LOS ’round the house is a “sure shot” way to kill Seamus easily.

That works nicely if you have a thief in your group who doesn’t keep SR on his utilities at all times

I wish the Thief I play with could take SR off his bar, but it’s needed to double-skip far too frequently and is rarely off CD because of it.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Aside from posting an elitist LFG, jusk ask people nicely what they are running specifically when they join or questions to determine if they actually know their class(some will be angry at you but it’s worth it just to have no headaches later).

Today I got an engi who didn’t have a clue about blast finishers and his smoke field >.>

The other day we got this:

Attachments:

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Aside from posting an elitist LFG, jusk ask people nicely what they are running specifically when they join or questions to determine if they actually know their class(some will be angry at you but it’s worth it just to have no headaches later).

Today I got an engi who didn’t have a clue about blast finishers and his smoke field >.>

The other day we got this:

It’s discriminatory, we can’t just live our lives in peace and be happy. No, we must be hunted down for our beliefs, for our way of life. I do not want my children to live in a world where they are hated for being efficient. I will not have it!

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I really don’t get the whole thief stealth thing for path 1 basement. It isn’t even that fast now compared to a group cleaning the mobs due to the April update where every low level dungeon had become a joke for DPS teams.

I myself either play as thief or guardian for this since I can’t expect pugs to SR or reflect. As long as one other party member knows about reflect then the dungeon becomes a breeze. That said I normally have at least one other friend who’s either playing as thief or guard before I pug this.

Also, every dungeon is a “scrub magnet”. No matter what you write there will always be newcomers who either A ) don’t know any better or B ) don’t read or C ) expect to be carried with the other 4 “experienced” players or D ) don’t ever listen to you even if you’re giving them advice on the dungeon. It just so happens SE and AC and CoF are so easy even these “scrubs” can do it without getting dropped.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

(edited by Tachii.3506)

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

CM has been really bad for a long time so now that it’s easier people need to get used to the dungeon again. I just wish more people didn’t skip that much, I wanna loot lots of linen. The packs melt anyway so why skip it.

Caudecus Manor

DonQuack.9025

CM has been really bad for a long time so now that it’s easier people need to get used to the dungeon again. I just wish more people didn’t skip that much, I wanna loot lots of linen. The packs melt anyway so why skip it.

oh so many groups cant melt them. Oh so many. I once watched the lone melee guy at the second table you blow up in cm p1 destroy a whole team of 80’s. I was asked why I didnt help out. Before I left I said “Im not sure you can be helped”

I regret that now as I realise so many people simply dont know better or as I found out in a run last night where our thief rage quit. Simply dont speak the language we do. I spent like 2 hours walking a fellow ele through cm p1. he didnt speak english and we took that for granted in our haste. I hope I he remembers it well and I hope next time instead of being so quite he will do as I rec and simply say. “I dont speak english well. can you tell me what to do?” well in his broken english. I forget my point. Time to head to bed…

Caudecus Manor

Fluffball.8307

I think I’m taking CM completely out of my dungeon rotation. The people running it are consistently clueless and it’s too frustrating.

Caudecus Manor

Knaifhogg.5964

Tonight I did p2 in 19 minutes. This dungeon is awesome since the new scaling.

Caudecus Manor

Tachii.3506

I believe they drop cotton scraps, not linen.

Some of the skips are just dumb in my opinion. People end up wasting more time relying on stealth cooldowns when it’s faster to just clean the mobs which are easily killed since the April update.

Caudecus Manor

Knaifhogg.5964

Some of the skips are just dumb in my opinion. People end up wasting more time relying on stealth cooldowns when it’s faster to just clean the mobs which are easily killed since the April update.

It might be the bags that give you linen, not sure. But yeah, it’s super easy to kill them, but with the current dungeon design people are so used to skipping anything that’s a silver mob.

Everyone knows that dungeons aren’t changed often enough. When’s the last time anyone did AC p3 without stacking at the spot the ceiling rubble can’t hit you? It would take 5 minutes to change that but nothing changes unless it’s related to a patch/living world it seems.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

It might be the bags that give you linen, not sure. But yeah, it’s super easy to kill them, but with the current dungeon design people are so used to skipping anything that’s a silver mob.

Everyone knows that dungeons aren’t changed often enough. When’s the last time anyone did AC p3 without stacking at the spot the ceiling rubble can’t hit you? It would take 5 minutes to change that but nothing changes unless it’s related to a patch/living world it seems.

If the NPC didn’t bug out like most of the time and not bubble.

If you have enough dps you can just kill him in the arena which I have done all the time

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

CM only drops Cotton and Wool. Linen only drops from lvls 46-63. The only way to get Linen from CM is running it with a character between levels 46-63 and salvaging light armor drops. In fact, this is an EXCELLENT way to farm Wool, Cotton, and Linen as you level up a character. Spamming CM story at this level range can result in 1g+ per clear just from cloths alone. Throw in the completion gold, gold from mobs, and loot (lots of drops and some mid-level rares have decent sell values), and you’re looking at 2-2.5+ gold. It takes roughly 20 mins with a decent pug, so it’s not incredible returns, but at this level range it can be worthwhile to do a full CM clear daily. Mix in some TA for bonus Linen and gold.

Caudecus Manor

RoseofGilead.8907

I really don’t get the whole thief stealth thing for path 1 basement. It isn’t even that fast now compared to a group cleaning the mobs due to the April update where every low level dungeon had become a joke for DPS teams.

That’s how I feel, too. Honestly, until I started PUGing CM p1, I didn’t even know people just skipped that part/let a thief solo it. It always just went so fast with my guild groups. But after some of the PUGs I’ve been with recently, I can understand why people want someone to solo it.

Caudecus Manor

Cormac.3871

And then there is that final run to Vallog or Frost. If we don’t have a thief I always suggest we draw out the guys at the bottom and kill them. 90% of the time the group decides to run through it. At least half the time somebody just can’t do it and it ends up taking longer than it would have to fight. Plus we don’t get bags.

Caudecus Manor

DonQuack.9025

90% its the necro and guardian who dont make it.

Caudecus Manor

Cormac.3871

90% its the necro and guardian who dont make it.

Yeah guardians fail on it way too much. Last time though it was an ele, who also should have no excuse.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Me and my buddies 3-man CM. 1 guard, 1 war, 1 thief. Full ascended zerkers, meta builds.

Don’t feel like you need a full party to do dungeons, they’re pretty easy once you’re expert.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

That’s how I feel, too. Honestly, until I started PUGing CM p1, I didn’t even know people just skipped that part/let a thief solo it. It always just went so fast with my guild groups. But after some of the PUGs I’ve been with recently, I can understand why people want someone to solo it.

Most pugs don’t skip that, or didn’t anyway. Only recently I’ve been seeing it. The big problem with this logic is then everyone has to get through the net turrets, etc. which is way harder than just killing them. I have yet to see a group where the thief helps, everyone is just expected to get through on their own. I leave these groups now as soon as I realize it’s a skip group again. Skipping only makes sense when it actually is faster.

Caudecus Manor

Tachii.3506

And then there is that final run to Vallog or Frost. If we don’t have a thief I always suggest we draw out the guys at the bottom and kill them. 90% of the time the group decides to run through it. At least half the time somebody just can’t do it and it ends up taking longer than it would have to fight. Plus we don’t get bags.

Lol without a thief or engineer or heck even Mesmer running through it with those many elites is indeed suicidal for pugs.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

When’s the last time anyone did AC p3 without stacking at the spot the ceiling rubble can’t hit you?

4 days ago when I told my pug we’re running straight to boss (with or without Grast cooperating).

It went mostly fine.

Caudecus Manor

DonQuack.9025

lightning hammer and guardian last night
smack him in da face!

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i run a “123 80s no shadow refuge” lfg
usually a thief joins first and says nothing, so i don’t know if they are trolling or what..
a lot of the time i get level 40ish warriors who join, and i’m not elitist that i’ll refuse to ferry maybe 1 or 2 low levels through.. but if you’re low level you should have the consideration to join as the 4th or 5th slot.. otherwise the party can’t even aszess the situation
anyway, it doesn’t matter because it’s like looking for a brain transplant donor trying to get a competent 4 others to even start that particular dungeon.. and like someone said it’s like herding cats once you get in there

typically it takes 15 minutes to run each path

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I’ve been having a lot of fun in CM P2. Put up the ad after Taylor and watch all the people get lost or cry that the door is closed, or run into the mainroom and get immobilized and heartseekered by Marius.

I guess I’m not helping.

Speaking of P2, why can’t people do the bombs properly, or not follow whoever’s placing the bomb in some void to enrapture all the mobs.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Most pugs don’t skip that, or didn’t anyway. Only recently I’ve been seeing it. The big problem with this logic is then everyone has to get through the net turrets, etc.

You realize that once the basement part is completed, a doorway opens so you can walk directly to the barn from the waypoint, right?

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I feel like CM is a dungeon that desperately needs a thief to be run. With a thief, it’s a walk in the park, without it, it’s a nightmare; people will have no idea what to do and will get ganked by the huge amounts of trash patrols at every corner – after Arah, this dungeon has by far the most overpowered and ridiculous trash mechanics.

• AoE 12 stacks of bleed, 20s+ poison from a single skill of a single mob
  • ranged knockdowns/blinds
  • blockspam
  • AoE bombs that can 1shot or CC
  • patrols that intentionally pull more patrols

Because it’s one of the few dungeons where you really, really need a specific profession (and an experienced player rolling it) to have smooth runs, pugs don’t do it as often, leading to even more inexperienced players. Hell, I haven’t got around to playing it for well over a year too – never felt like I was really missing out on the gold or tokens, it doesn’t offer anything special (boring skins, boring rune, no zerker stat gear).

Gold rewards are also pretty bad.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

To the people discussing whether or not CM is good for linen, it’s mostly for cotton and wool indeed and if you want linen drops head over to TA. Loads of it there. :P

Caudecus Manor

DonQuack.9025

I feel like CM is a dungeon that desperately needs a thief to be run. With a thief, it’s a walk in the park, without it, it’s a nightmare; people will have no idea what to do and will get ganked by the huge amounts of trash patrols at every corner – after Arah, this dungeon has by far the most overpowered and ridiculous trash mechanics.

• AoE 12 stacks of bleed, 20s+ poison from a single skill of a single mob
  • ranged knockdowns/blinds
  • blockspam
  • AoE bombs that can 1shot or CC
  • patrols that intentionally pull more patrols

Because it’s one of the few dungeons where you really, really need a specific profession (and an experienced player rolling it) to have smooth runs, pugs don’t do it as often, leading to even more inexperienced players. Hell, I haven’t got around to playing it for well over a year too – never felt like I was really missing out on the gold or tokens, it doesn’t offer anything special (boring skins, boring rune, no zerker stat gear).

Gold rewards are also pretty bad.

As a mesmer i love CM its made for me. Probably guardians too. kitten its face with ele too but need additional condi clean. Shake it off is enough.
Other than that its knowing where and when to move.
Its quite frustrating and fun to pug it.

My main problem are other mesmers/guardians that feedback/wor the melee mobs and thus on cooldown when needed. That and guardian/thieves that dont haha blinded you!

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Caudecus Manor

Cormac.3871

I’ve been having a lot of fun in CM P2. Put up the ad after Taylor and watch all the people get lost or cry that the door is closed, or run into the mainroom and get immobilized and heartseekered by Marius.

I guess I’m not helping.

Speaking of P2, why can’t people do the bombs properly, or not follow whoever’s placing the bomb in some void to enrapture all the mobs.

I remember you. Ran into CM one night, door is locked. Heading around the other way I see the message are you lost? I stop and typed “usual door was locked”. I get to the bottom of the stairs ready to join you and am kicked. Thanks for wasting my time dude.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

I always stack Seamus is we have I’m running with a guardian. Hollowed ground + Fiery rush and he’s dead in a few seconds.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

I always use my blind spamming reflect guardian exclusively for CM, with this it becomes too easy even with bad pugs. The problem is, it’s usually hard to find a party, takes up a lot of time, not to mention you can only dream about zerker pugs

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I love pugging CM. Especially when I post the LFG and it fills up in 5 minutes and I kill the boss and get paid for it. Easy 12g for 30min of spamming blinds and skipping trash.

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

True CM is easily soloable, especially P3, but then again, when I’m selling, many times some low AP ppl joins and don’t even respond in chat. Its really messed up….

Caudecus Manor

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

i run a “123 80s no shadow refuge” lfg
usually a thief joins first and says nothing, so i don’t know if they are trolling or what..
a lot of the time i get level 40ish warriors who join, and i’m not elitist that i’ll refuse to ferry maybe 1 or 2 low levels through.. but if you’re low level you should have the consideration to join as the 4th or 5th slot.. otherwise the party can’t even aszess the situation
anyway, it doesn’t matter because it’s like looking for a brain transplant donor trying to get a competent 4 others to even start that particular dungeon.. and like someone said it’s like herding cats once you get in there

typically it takes 15 minutes to run each path

“123 80s no shadow refuge” lfg why trolling? I understand from that lfg that you don’t want a thief to use SR IF he joins (= no skipping), not that a thief shouldn’t join.

Don’t know how others but when I join someone’s party, I expect them to open the dungeon unless they specifically ask for opener in lfg. I open all dungeons I post lfg for.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr