Caudecus Manor, Explorable. Found it a bit hard.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Orakasch.7410

Orakasch.7410

We were doing the explorable mode of CM and had a relatively hard time, especially in the later half. When you have to rescue the Seraph its impossible to pull only a few mobs, and we ended up having to kite them around alot just to be able to kill em off. Our whole party dying all the time as well because we all died in a few hits.
I am a warrior traited for dmg with pretty decent gear, and at real lvl 78 at the time. we also had 2 rangers, a necromancer and an elementalist, none of with had a healing focus (which is the idea, isn’t it?) but all have some aoe heals.
On top of some of the trash mobs hitting like crazy and all over the place, we managed to get to the part where you have to blow up the gate. With the mobs respawning like crazy, and even the non veteran mobs hitting for alot we had to run into the adjacent building and “climb” our way around and jump over the gate. (ending with one of our players to get stuck, having to relog, twice)

Don’t know if its supposed to be this hard, but if it is, then apperantly you need at least one person who can take a beating and one that can at least aid some more in keeping the group alive. YES, a tank and healer….

Posted by: bngn.3097

bngn.3097

lol i pugged the seraph path without even dying, im also warrior. i think you will get used to it.
you should have a condition remove skill in CM explore for those dagger bandit, just in case you got hit by the spin skill and it bleed like crazy, if you dont then use range until after the they used the spin then go in melee. Put some trait into toughness. Use longbow as your ranged kit because the aoe blind is godly in dungeon. And you have to switch weapon all the time!

Posted by: Orakasch.7410

Orakasch.7410

I do have Longbow as my secondary and it is indeed very helpful. I switch alot to stay alive. But I haven’t traited toughness or vitality because I wanted to try and focus purely on dps, which makes me way too squishy as a melee class.
A condition removal skill will definately be adopted tho, thnx alot for the tips. =)

Posted by: Cache.5126

Cache.5126

Just finished Seraph route and last boss Turmaine didn’t drop anything, no experience, and didn’t seem to “close out the instance” since there was no exit at the end. Anyone else experience this ? I would chose another path as it was quite a downer to finish it and get nothing.

Posted by: Kevs.1679

Kevs.1679

Just tried Seraph path, and my first time on CM explore. How are you supposed to blow up the gate? Mobs respawn too fast and on top of trying to keep them under control, they go and remove kegs from the gate. Furthest my group got was 4/5 (even though I swear there were times where we had even 6 kegs by the gate). We ended up quitting after over 30 minutes of playing capture the keg with the bandits.

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

The whole dungeon is crazy hard. The asura path is pretty much non completable. You get past the theif boss and then you hit the caves with like a gazillion silver mobs in. That’s where parties collapse out of frustration.

Posted by: andy sonic.8643

andy sonic.8643

CM really isn’t that hard everyone. I have no opinions on Seraph path but Asura and Butler are pretty simple. You get your entire party far from the packs of mobs and pull as far as their leash will go. Then you pick off a few at a time as they run back.

It’s a really kitteny way to design a dungeon but it works and you’ll get out of it with zero deaths if you pull slowly and waaaaaaaaaaay the fruk back.

Posted by: Doktar.2718

Doktar.2718

Search for the missing butler path is prettykitten to.

I blame the lack of a open beta. Not enough casual/semi-hardcore people to run content and give feedback lead to all the current bugs. I’m sure the current difficulty cant be what people thought was the right amount of difficulty. Don’t get me wrong, I love a challenge. But having to chain rez or release 20 times and run back fast so the boss HP can ’t reset is far from fun. This forces people to run certain specs, group makeups, and PUGs arekittennear impossible.

Maybe as I got older I have just forgot what fun was, or that I’m just a bad player and totally don’t get it. The frustration some of these encounters cause is amazing. As a guildy said tonight… “I think banging a hammer on my head would be more fun then this”.

So if you think this crap is easy can you do a favor for your fellow players that are having a hard time completing content….Please make a video of the instance from start to finish so we can learn how its done. Explain each mob and what they do and how to avoid/negate some of the damage that would normally kill you stupid fast. For example, the JoeSchmoeMob will raise his left foot and 1 second later he will smash your face into yourkitten if you dont move. I saw mobs tonight that are shooting people for 90% of their life from further then a ranger can shoot with a longbow.

Maybe me being an Asura warrior is making it hard for me to see some of the warnings (if there are any)… I mean I’m looking at kneecaps with my entire screen filled with enough lights to send some people into a seizure is why I cant avoid some things.

I look forward to learning from one of you who are willing to show us how its done.

Posted by: Doktar.2718

Doktar.2718

CM really isn’t that hard everyone. I have no opinions on Seraph path but Asura and Butler are pretty simple. You get your entire party far from the packs of mobs and pull as far as their leash will go. Then you pick off a few at a time as they run back.

It’s a really kitteny way to design a dungeon but it works and you’ll get out of it with zero deaths if you pull slowly and waaaaaaaaaaay the fruk back.

I’m not wanting to have to find a way to cheese my way through. I would like to do it as it was intended. And currently the intended way makes me want to smash my keyboard.

Posted by: Chidori Cross.1748

Chidori Cross.1748

I didn’t want to start a new thread since I’m sure Anet has enough feedback to sort through.

Group: Level 80 Ranger, Level 65 Necro, Level 56 Guardian, Level 45 Engi, Level 54 Thief.
Path: Butler
Rewards – Mostly level 42, I believe there were only 2 chests, and 20 silver
Time – 2 hours

Rewards we received were not worth the trouble of this dungeon

I want to be able to play they way I like. Running in circles, dying over and over, and pulling things until most of them go back just isn’t fun. I spent more money repairing my armor than I made running this dungeon.

shotgun boss – She could 2 shot me. I was the level 65 Necro. I stayed mostly ranged and had almost all of my traits into toughness and vitality. Forget trying to revive your friends, just send them back to the waypoint and tell them to waste a gold fixing their armor since each time your downed something breaks.

The room with the traps was fun, some of my party had trouble getting past them but for the most part it wasn’t too hard.

2nd Boss – Explosive guy – His Aoe is insane. You can dodge some of this attacks but then the whole floor is covered in red circle and you can’t dodge that. We finally got past him by knocking him into a corner and then spacing out around him. If someone was downed then we revived as quickly as we could.

The cave – Ummm yea. That’s a lot of guys, we wiped over and over again, before we got them all killed. We didn’t run away and drag them with us like is suggested above, but maybe I would have actually made money if we had.

Last Boss – Really other than the coins and exp for the dungeon why even fight the last boss? There isn’t a chest or anything, his corpse didn’t even leave me something. But on the other hand this guy was the most fun we had during the whole dungeon. He didn’t wipe our party over and over again, but took awhile to kill.

After asking the rest of the part everyone but the level 80 was wearing minor runes, the level 80 had some minor and some major but his armor wasn’t even level 80. Maybe it would be better with better armor/runes but none of us had the money to buy the pieces and none of us have found anything we could use in WvW, PVE, or the dungeons.