Challenge: do not move

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

This is a challenge to run a dungeon without any of the moves.

The rules are simple:

• The group must complete any path of any dungeon (stories are accepted) according to the restricted rules of dungeon speed run.
  • No member of your group may use any of the following moves:
    • Move Forward
    • Move Backward
    • Strafe Left
    • Strafe Right
    • Swim Up
    • Swim Down
    • Autorun
  • Any skill is allowed as long as you don’t use any of the restricted moves together with it.
  • If you wipe, your group completely wipes, you may run until the previous room where your group died. Any step after the room will disqualify the video.
  • The fastest run wins the reward.
  • You must list every single participant of the run. This is done either in the video by highlighting them or on the forum by writing down the list of members.
  • You must record your whole run in a video and post it in this thread before 29/06/2014 12:00:00 UTC.

Reward:
The fastest group to accomplish its run wins the reward which is 50g.

Notes:

• As move forward is prohibited, you may not dodge forward too, since dodge forward is “move forward + dodge”. Any other direction is fine.
  • I think I covered all the move actions. I reserve the right to change the list of restricted moves until 15/06/2014 12:00:00 GMT and disqualify any video containing those moves if they were posted before that instant.
  • Anyone can increase the winning reward to make this challenge more appealing. Just say so below.

Good luck and have fun! :-)

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

This is really easy just need a group of mezmers with portal guns and portals and blinks. I don’t think reward is worth the time though. Also there is alot of skills that cause you to move. Especially for warrior and elementalists. So this is very doable

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’m not saying it is not doable. I’ve soloed half of AC story like that with my guardian, only moving where it couldn’t be done otherwise solo (like to transport the stone to open the gate towards the fire room, doing this with several people is possible).

I’m only giving a challenge. If no one does it, I’m ok with it, but I’d prefer to see it happening. Also, I might increase the reward.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Looks like the people in this forum are too lazy to do cof#1 4war1mes

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Thieves are OP in this challenge. Pls nerf.