Challenge mote issue

Challenge mote issue

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Due to an potential exploit related to Mursaat Overseer and Samarog challenge mote conversations, we have temporarily disabled these conversations. Players may continue to enjoy the raid, but will not be able to activate these challenge motes until we have addressed the issue. Thanks for your understanding

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: BeastEye.7980

BeastEye.7980

We just put together a group to do this, got to the boss, and disabled And you disabled it quite a few minutes before this announcement too, we were so confused that we killed it and checked the third boss too, and that was also disabled.

Would be great if you announced things simultaneously as you disabled things (and in the announcements section for visibility).

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: BeastEye.7980

BeastEye.7980

People saying there are similar bugs for boss 1 and 4, please look into it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5tp1xl/wing_4_cm_disabled_for_boss_2_and_3/

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: Tyu.3726

Tyu.3726

Any punishment for abusers? They actually had good rewards this time :P

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: iLow.3692

iLow.3692

A punishment or atleast the reset of the loot would be great but i think it could be very difficult to decide which group used the exploit and which didnt. For example our group did Mursaat Overseer yesterday in CM without the bug after hours of trying. It would be a shame if we have to do it again although we know a good tactic for us now.

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

So the CM is fixed now. Curious what you do with people that exploited it. I generally think if you don’t take a strong stance about that. They will go on trying to exploit hard things rather than learn the content. This exploit isn’t even a clever use of game mechanic everyone that did it had clearly known that it is not intended to do the CM like this…

first scale 81 fractals

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Cheesing achievements is very common and anet has never taken a strong stance against it, so long it don’t create a unwanted effect on the TP market. Case in point was the very used exploit during super adventure box, AND if I tried to list exploits used to cheese achievement/content through gw2 history this post would be quite long.

The only revert I ever remember was the gwamm title.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Challenge mote issue

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

What about permanent ley line gliding exploit on Xera?
You forgot about it already?

Unlike the W4 exploit, the gliding one does not trivialize the fight, only makes the gliding part a bit less annoying.