Changes to Dungeon loot

Changes to Dungeon loot

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Things have changed in last 7-10 days if you haven;t noticed. Ectos are 22-23s and rares 20s+. Orr now offers 3g+/hr. AC still offers 1.5g/hr in a good group. Orr is much much more profitable these days.

That may be true, but I get 5-6 worthwhile rares an AC run all the same in MF gear, not factoring what comes from chests or this newfangled stuff they’re adding with this patch. This is also all still not factoring in the dungeon tokens, which are great mystic toilet fodder or alt items. I think the “net worth” at the end of the day is roughly the same, and it all comes down to what you need / what you’re willing to do.

Anyway, my only point is that I was hoping this patch would make other dungeons as profitable as AC, as opposed to keeping AC the only dungeon worth doing for anything other than a particular skin.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

“Magic Find”

I appreciate you attempting to improve your previously horrible dungeon loot but encouraging Magic Find is quite possibly the worst approach.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

LFG [Boss name here], must have 146% MF to continue.

Aren’t people who want to run with no MF’ers just as bad?

LFG [Boss name here], must not have MF gear. Behavior segregating people is bad no matter which way you look at it.

except wearing MF gear kittens your fighting capability, where as normal gear does not, be it more damage or less damage recieved.

MF does nothing to improve your fighting chances.

Skill mitigates many scenarios where vitality is needed tbh. I run dungeons with Berserker gear simply because it makes everything I do riskier, and I find the dungeons more fun because of it. While MF gear has less damage, the ‘fighting chances’ really don’t change much. If your team has skill, it’s just as easy.

There are plenty of people running non-MF gear who don’t contribute as much either simply because their builds aren’t optimized for a particular area of the dungeon.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Miseris.7498

Miseris.7498

Encouraging people to use Magic Find gear in dungeons is not good, Pickup Groups will be even harder now.
This is not good for the health of the game.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Here is the other issue in regards to straight silver drops from bags instead of using something like increased core/lodestone drop rates inside of dungeons:

6 months from now gold will obviously be worth less, due to inflation. This means the buying power of 4s per bag is severely reduced. Certain high end items like core, lodestones, T5/T6 mats, reflect inflation because they are always used to make harder to acquire cosmetic exotics and legendaries. These are the endgame items of GW2 (with the new Ascended items as well which will probably have some T6 mat component), meaning they will always reflect inflation and can be used in recipes for future exotics/legendaries/ascended items.

What this means, is it will be less profitable running dungeons 6 months from now, and more profitable to farm Orr 6 months now, because you are getting ectos and t5/t6 mats as your primary source of Orr farming, while right now, dungeon rewards are mainly based on pure silver drops.

By creating even more static silver drops instead of a legendary/exotic crafting component (cores/lodestone again being the logical choice for dungeons, since they already come from chests although at terrible rates), you will be devaluing the reward that dungeons give players as time progresses.

If you did increase rewards through means like cores/lodestones, people would want to run dungeons until an equilibrium was reached, between the price of cores/lodestones and what you could farm outside of dungeons. This would always ensure that people would be running dungeons, even if it was to farm, to keep the equilibrium between core/lodestone farming and other methods somewhat equal. This ensures that whether you farm a dungeon or a high end zone 6 months from now, people would at least be getting somewhat equal rates, even if dungeons required more teamwork and were harder.

By using straight silver drops instead of items used for end-game gear as a reward, you are creating a structure which will deteriorate as time progresses. Silver is not unique, a higher chance at cores/lodestones is unique. If you want to push people to experience dungeons and play challenging content, you need to create a unique source of income, something that will relatively inflate with the rate of inflation, and something that does not frustrate PuGs like MF mechanics.

While you may say that you could change dungeon loot in the future, or increase the silver from bags as time progresses, I feel like that is bad design for a game, as already proven. It takes time and balancing and manpower to constantly tweak every aspect of a game. We have seen this with the long turn-around for current loot changes and dungeon balancing. It is much better to put something in place now that will ensure running dungeons are still valuable many months from now. I don’t think silver does that.

Hopefully you read this and at least think about it, thanks.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Will you guys stop complaining? Learn to survive with your MF gear. If not, grab some food. Dungeons were boring and easily done with full proper stats exotic gear, at least this way i might bother running more dungeons.

As Iehova said:
You can farm Orr for hours and not receive a single rare in full MF gear, whereas you’re guaranteed to receive 1.5g from AC.

Magic find increases the chance…by a small chance. Stop crying over it.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Derk.3189

Encouraging people to use Magic Find gear in dungeons is not good, Pickup Groups will be even harder now.
This is not good for the health of the game.

Look, answer me this. You don’t like MF gear right? So you won’t use it, right? Are you alone on this thought? No. Are there other people you can team up with who share your views? Yes. Are they always skilled players? No.

So what is the price of oranges on Wednesday?

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

PS: 30 tokens => a rare.

That is a 100% bonus you gain that magic find / orr does not provide. If you haven’t seen this so far…news flash…you can salvage them.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Please, don’t put Magic Find as a necessary stat for dungeons !

That’s what it will be if some loot is awarded based on that. Then people will start going in dungeons in full Magic Find Gear, not caring at all about their group success, only to get their own loot.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Changes are awesome, but adding another incentive to run magic find gear in an explorable dungeon is a killer to pugging. Literally a nail to its already solid coffin.

I don’t really get what you’re saying. Running MF gear promotes skilled play so it’s beneficial for community.

Running mf gear is rude to your party members who have to revive you more often or who have to waste more time – because you’re not maximising your survival/damage, but a statistic which only benefits you, and you only, at the expensve of others’ time.
Adding an incentive to run greed-based builds in explorable dungeons is bad.

Okay, this may sound like a personal attack, but you are probably one of those eles that think that you have to deck in p/v/t gear for smooth runs. It’s really kittenumption (jesus, that filter) and that gear is completely reducing your performance if you are experienced enough. MF gear increases your dps a lot more than your survability gear.

Back to the topic, I have a thief friend which I cant really tell about how skilled he is (because good thieves in pve are a rare breed). He’s dying like 20 times during GL fight and he’s running almost full glass cannon build. So I’m going to expect GL fight will get a lot of negitive feedback.

Also, it seems like now it’s the best time to buy out those opal orbs which you can get for almost vendor price so it’s really safe bet.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

400 karma, 4 silver, no changes to anything else that drops in the entirety of the dungeon, all tied to MF.

Doesn’t sound like much of a fix to me.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

What… what?

Why magic find?

What are you… why

I have… what?

Why.

WHY.

Magic find. In dungeons.

Just. Kitten. What.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I’m willing to bet all my capitals that Kholer is one of these bosses.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

Ugh why make it based on magic find… come on now. If you’re going to do that, it better be clear which sub-bosses drop this stuff so we don’t have to wear MF throughout the whole dungeon because we’re not sure.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: mllepandora.3176

mllepandora.3176

The devs have already confirmed that MF only affects drops from kills, so actually, nothing has changed.
Some people already run MF gear, nothing new there either.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Leetsura.3507

Leetsura.3507

…. an hour of running around four different outdoor zones will grant 4500 karma for your daily achievement and usually 6+ yellow items to salvage……

6+ yellow items in an hour?!? More like 6 yellow items in 5-6 days while playing 10-15hrs/day.

Edit so I won’t be all off topic; I’m looking forward to see what fun loot we can get. More loot = more fun for me

Gonna swim with the big fish. You’re gonna get your wish. Ooooooo. Little barracuda.
When you awake, quaggans will be here, and there’ll be a crab cake, just for you…
oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooo…

(edited by Leetsura.3507)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

To everybody whining about the Magic Find “problem”.. would you seriously suggest that ArenaNet actually disables what Magic Find is supposed to do? You want them to change these new drops, that you have no clue what they are, so that they are unaffected by Magic Find? So instead of giving you a way to have a better chance of getting them, you’d honestly prefer to just have a lower chance? And then you wouldn’t whine about it never dropping? Come on, be real.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: MadRage.1584

MadRage.1584

Ok, dungeon loot is a bit better. Its in right direction. Why can’t dungeon loot have a better chance to get rarer weapons like in GW1? That too without any MF chance influencing it.

I guess its time to stack multiple armors in the inventory. One normal armor to run the dungeon and one to wear before you loot the chest.

Saurian Lair [RAWR]
Guildwars2 Guild on Seafarer’s Rest
http://saurianlair.com

Changes to Dungeon loot

Ebon.7641

To everybody whining about the Magic Find “problem”.. would you seriously suggest that ArenaNet actually disables what Magic Find is supposed to do? You want them to change these new drops, that you have no clue what they are, so that they are unaffected by Magic Find? So instead of giving you a way to have a better chance of getting them, you’d honestly prefer to just have a lower chance? And then you wouldn’t whine about it never dropping? Come on, be real.

At least tell us EXACTLY which sub-bosses drop this stuff so we can switch out gear

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Savantx.6931

Savantx.6931

Like others, I am not pleased about MF being a factor here. Like the guy above said, its going to make pugging more of a problem and I like to pug.

I’m not a fan of magic find in an MMO, but even that aside there is the added issue of it becomming a hastle. As it is now it is bearable. I go farm Orr, I put on my MF gear. I go to WvW or a dungeon, I put on my good gear. Having to switch gear and forget about it is fine. But now people are going to feel like they need to switch constantly throughout a dungeon.

Put on your good gear. Ok a MF boss, everyone put on your MF gear. Ok he’s dead, back to good gear. Another MF boss, put on your MF gear…

I hit like a wet noodle in MF gear and I can’t take a hit. It is just not fun.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

How I hate anet information policy. It’s just plain bad.

1. What about dungeon reward? We still get 60 tokens + 26 silver and + those new tokens, karma etc?
2. What is this “special” drop?
3. After telling us about 2, tell us about MF, how it works normally and how it works on this “special” drop. Stop treating us like idiots and morons. We can calculate, math formula does not make as panic.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

as others have already suggested, please make magic find a group stat in dungeons.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Aris.7569

Aris.7569

I’m kind of new to GW2 but I have made a set of MF gear and my normal gear I wear while fighting. Whenever I loot a boss mob I always swap out to the MF gear and make sure some MF food running. When I’m done looting I swap back to the normal gear. Takes about 15 – 30 seconds. The only difficult part is certain accessory items don’t easily swap over by double clicking them (I think the rings). So if MF is an important stat perhaps we could get a equipment swap button like we have for weapons.

Also if we could get clarification of when MF counts that would be great. For instance if MF counts on the death of the mob vs the looting of the mob what I’m doing could be potentially a waste of time.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Derk.3189

You know, the real problem is they haven’t really fixed the relevance of karma for everyone. Its simply not useful for the average player who isn’t chasing a legendary.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Ebon.7641

I’m kind of new to GW2 but I have made a set of MF gear and my normal gear I wear while fighting. Whenever I loot a boss mob I always swap out to the MF gear and make sure some MF food running. When I’m done looting I swap back to the normal gear. Takes about 15 – 30 seconds. The only difficult part is certain accessory items don’t easily swap over by double clicking them (I think the rings). So if MF is an important stat perhaps we could get a equipment swap button like we have for weapons.

Also if we could get clarification of when MF counts that would be great. For instance if MF counts on the death of the mob vs the looting of the mob what I’m doing could be potentially a waste of time.

They have clarified this. MF does not affect chests or anything other than loot from enemies. It works when an enemy is killed, not when it is looted (ie. you can’t kill stuff and then switch to MF gear and loot)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Doomgrin.8359

Doomgrin.8359

Here is a wild idea, why not tie magic find to % map complete? Meaning your character is more versed in the world so they are able to find better items. This encourages people to spread out amongst the world. I would each suggest a decay system on perhaps a monthly basis when maps do not change (the hearts make the most sense). Let me explain:

I explore the map and my MF goes up equaling my Map %
Each monthly reset, my % bonus goes down as my oldest hearts reset OR if new content is added to the world.

What this does is encourages people that want better loot to fully explroe the game, but peopel do not have to suffer stats loss from MF gear.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

To be honest I’m not sure magic find is a good idea in dungeons unless they come standard with ascended gear without losing the value of the other stats by having magic find. In dungeons especially the valuable stats are important, losing that to magic find which many people will do is a bad thing. I hope ascended gear will account for that and we wont loose secondary stats in favour of magic find gear.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Changes to Dungeon loot

Strifey.7215

I’m willing to bet all my capitals that Kholer is one of these bosses.

Considering all AC exp paths only have 3 bosses and they put loot on 3 bosses per run I’d say you’re right…

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

yay… now people will start wearing MF into dungeons making them undoable…

If you can’t finish a dungeon with a team of MF gear players then I think you should question your skill first, before the gear.

So dungeons are completed by individuals?

I always thought it was a team effort – is that not why there are five people doing it?

Can I complete a dungeon with 5 people? Yes

Is it the most efficient? No

Further more mf is limited to power/prec gear, what about the condi speced classes. Secondly, mf gear has no defensive stats – it obviously favours classes which mitigate damage though complete avoidance e.g. thieves. However, its double edged as it significantly reduces power and damage so you need to melee to counter this. However many people will stick to ranged weapon to avoid being one shotted. This will increase battle length and result in more chance of wipes.

If people want to wear full mf they can but other’s shouldn;t have to suffer from them contributing less. I don;t care how good you are, there is no argument – the same play will contribute more if he wears gear without mf.

The case in matter, if you are NOT wearing MF gear you are doing it wrong. That is basically what Mr Hrouda is saying. By the same token, as mf gear is power/prec, we should be physical damage builds or again you are doing it wrong.

If you argue, well you don;t have to have 200% mf, I will counter by saying mf gives me better loot, I am doing dungeons for loot, why should I waste a gear slot anything without mf as I will be rewarded less.

You answered your own question. If a dungeon goer is going for the loot drop from bosses, why should he not be allowed to run MF gear? You want to clear it fast because you want the reward at the end, other people might want the rewards in between.

But before there was little in terms of dropped rewards to warrant MF gear. Maybe a yellow or two. That was it. Now it’s basically compulsory.

So before this they were contributing less for maybe 10-20s. Now MF may result in exotics worth 1g+ and thus actually be worth it.

Do you realise that full MF gear nets one almost 300 less power than non-mf power based sets – this is because:

• On mf sets MF is the primary stat.
  • MF gear has no defensive stats.
  • MF gear is not viable for condition specs.
  • MF gear is not viable for defensive specs.

So first issue, MF gear is not viable for anything other than damage dealers. That was one big issue prior to this announcement. Secondly, as MF is the primary stat such players were dealing less than pure damage dealers. The same player with APPROPRIATE gear would do more for the TEAM – dungeons are run in teams for a reason.

Before this patch, people running MF gear should stick together and let others do routes efficiently, now everyone is forced to run it and with it limited builds, longer fights (more chance for error) and these fights will be more tedious as basically it will feel like the same bosses having more hp (since you are doing less damage).

Skilled players do well with or without mf find they just do it slower and with more chance of errors when wearing it. MF shouldn;t be forced onto the player base like this and that’s my gripe. Before I could steer clear of MF players, now I am going to be one of them.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Aris.7569

Aris.7569

They have clarified this. MF does not affect chests or anything other than loot from enemies. It works when an enemy is killed, not when it is looted (ie. you can’t kill stuff and then switch to MF gear and loot)

Good to know thank you.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Bunta.5267

Bunta.5267

I guess the acid test is that if the new MF changes result in people having an even worse time in dungeons then they are having currently, its not good.

Otherwise if the rewards are so ossum that no one cares about the extra 10 minutes spend ploughing away at the bosses life at a slower pace, then alls well the ends well.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Changes are awesome, but adding another incentive to run magic find gear in an explorable dungeon is a killer to pugging. Literally a nail to its already solid coffin.

I don’t really get what you’re saying. Running MF gear promotes skilled play so it’s beneficial for community.

Running mf gear is rude to your party members who have to revive you more often or who have to waste more time – because you’re not maximising your survival/damage, but a statistic which only benefits you, and you only, at the expensve of others’ time.
Adding an incentive to run greed-based builds in explorable dungeons is bad.

Okay, this may sound like a personal attack, but you are probably one of those eles that think that you have to deck in p/v/t gear for smooth runs. It’s really kittenumption (jesus, that filter) and that gear is completely reducing your performance if you are experienced enough. MF gear increases your dps a lot more than your survability gear.

And berserker gear increaes your dps a lot more than MF gear, if you can handle a glassy setup.
If you can handle a glassy setup just fine and you’re not bringing berserker stats, you’re dragging your party down for a greedy stat that only benefits you, while makes the run for everyone longer than it could be.
It’s really easy to understand.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Terra.8571

Orr now offers 3g+/hr.

Please provide backup to this statement.

You can farm Orr for hours and not receive a single rare in full MF gear, whereas you’re guaranteed to receive 1.5g from AC.

Have you not been using the TP at all the past 10 days? All T5 and T6 mats have increase in price from 50-200%. T5 mats hover at 1s, T6 even more. Crystalline dust is 3.5s. All rares are 20s+. Basically everything that drops is worth 50-100% more ATLEAST. Before you could earn 1-2g from orr. 75s-1g of that is guaranteed from events.

These days, everything that drops is worth something, ancient bones are 58c – they were 14c 2 weeks ago. Go farm orr for a few hours and see. Rares haven;t increased, its just they are worth a lot more as is everything in Orr.

AC still drops same rubbish and prior to Mr Hrouda mentioning the buff to these sub bosses, rewarded around 2g for 3 runs. Thats in MF gear and that also assumes you get a 20min/run party – most parties are 30-40minutes.

@Rising Duck

You mst be very lucky because that is a lot more rares than most people who run in mf gear – they net 2-3 over 3 runs. Still, with the price rise, Orr is a much better place to farm these days. If you are netting 5-6 runs all power to you as that’s on par/ slightly better than Orr these days. Does not take away that Orr will drop more T5/T6 mats and offer more loot as a whole.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

How about you use your regular gear but use magic find food and a superior sigil of luck….problem solved. You have non kitten gear and an above average magic find without being totally useless or totally geared and have no magic find. /close thread

Changes to Dungeon loot

Strifey.7215

To anyone saying you should be able to survive and clear dungeons with mf anyways because they are so easy:

My warrior wears mostly berserkers and hardly dies, and I have a 104% crit damage (on top of 50% base) meaning I do 254% more damage @ 93% crit rate when I get 25 stacks of precision.

By introducing MF drops to dungeons, people will want to wear MF gear instead, meaning you now have 100% less crit damage and less crit chance since people will probably want to use Luck Stacks instead of Precision Stacks meaning I will also lose about 11% crit chance.

As someone who crits 93% of the time, this basically means a dps class like me who now switches to mf gear will kill ([.93(1.50) + .07] / [.82(2.54)+.18]) – 1 = 35.3% decrease in damage.

Also note, mf gear actually has lower power then berserker as well, since mf is the major trait on gear, while crit % dmg is the minor trait. So this 35.3% is pushed even higher which I’m not going to calculate as to the exact amount it further decreases your damage.

So you are now carrying someone who use to do good damage to kill things quicker in dungeons, now they do 35.3%+ less damage even if you don’t want to use MF yourself, meaning the group as a whole is suffering.

If you don’t think that a 35.3% decrease in efficiency is a problem just because natural human greed and devs bringing in mf gear to dungeon loot calculations, then there is something wrong with you.

If you were to go up to anyone and reduce something positive by 35% it would be a huge deal, because that’s a huge decrease. That’s basically what’s going to happen to alot of PuGs with randoms because they now want to wear MF gear and feel like they will be forced to because someone else in the group will probably be doing it as well.

It’s human nature that if you introduce something that will increase rewards, a large majority of people will do it.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Rivenguard.6740

Rivenguard.6740

And you lose “remove condition on shout” and other group related runes for the MF ones too….

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I’m seeing a lot of people reacting to Magic Find being an issue here, so I felt I should clarify something.

Magic find has always effected dungeon creature drops – we haven’t changed that at all. Magic find does not effect chest drops however. This has always been the case in dungeons.
The mention of Magic Find for the sub bosses, is to say that we have given them unique loot drops, and that Magic Find is a factor in what you get from them. That is no different in the past as it has been in the future. The more Magic Find you have, the better chances of obtaining a rarer item.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Rivenguard.6740

Rivenguard.6740

The thing is, dungeon loot was a joke. The drops were the same as the easier to kill mobs from outside, so you usually used MF gear when farming Orr or other places.
And used “dungeon” gear for dungeons.

Now, with exclusive and good luck on dungeons sub bosses, you (or at least part of your PUG) will use MF gear/runes, making MF “required”.

MF is an horrible stat as an individual one.

If it was at least a “group MF” stat, maybe it could be better, but, as it is, it is an incentive to play for yourself exactly during the structured team part of the game.

So, why should I sacrifice my chance for better loot to help my group with different runes than 5 pirates – 1 traveler if the only one that gets worse loot is me?

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I’m seeing a lot of people reacting to Magic Find being an issue here, so I felt I should clarify something.

Magic find has always effected dungeon creature drops – we haven’t changed that at all. Magic find does not effect chest drops however. This has always been the case in dungeons.
The mention of Magic Find for the sub bosses, is to say that we have given them unique loot drops, and that Magic Find is a factor in what you get from them. That is no different in the past as it has been in the future. The more Magic Find you have, the better chances of obtaining a rarer item.

Magic find was not worth bringing in dungeons for two reasons.

1. Trash mobs have too much HP, farming them is counter productive with MF gear. The real incentive to do dungeons has been the tokens.
2. It makes the player wearing it lose out on stats for self benefit and not for the group = less teamwork in dungeons.

With this update, Magic Find gear has a benefit from this loot so now at least until everyone figures out what boss drops what, Magic Find will be used.

The better update that we expected was better chest drops, which all around need better drops IMO. A simple chest with all this loot/chances after defeating this certain boss would have been fine, now we have to hurt the group for a better chance at the drop from the sub-bosses. I hope you understand the actual concern now.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Ulquiorra.6903

in the patch notes it said the reward was also reworked with new combination of stats to dungeon armors….they look the same to me..did u guys forget to put it in? or am i missing something o.o

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

I’m not sure how that allays any of the issues that people have been bringing up. You are encouraging individuals to bring a selfish (limited build) stat to group play.
Running with guild members may still be fine, but this will be very detrimental to pug groups.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

in the patch notes it said the reward was also reworked with new combination of stats to dungeon armors….they look the same to me..did u guys forget to put it in? or am i missing something o.o

I believe these drop from the sub bosses.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Ulquiorra.6903

I believe these drop from the sub bosses.

ahh i see. makes sense, thanks ^^

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

WOW really magic find for a dungeon boss? So what you are saying is people should not go for armor that suit their build but just stack MF? Whose idea was that?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Changes to Dungeon loot

drkn.3429

We understand it and that, exactly, is the problem.
Unique items in explorable dungeons being affected by mf – while all explorables dungeons’ mobs should be excluded from the mf stat.
Now every puggie and their granny will run mf to get those unique items. Nail to the coffin, i say.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Strifey.7215

The difference is that creature drops in dungeons right now aren’t unique. No one wears MF gear because you can just go farm Orr and get the same stuff much quicker if you wanted to farm for actual mat drops. There is no reason to join a dungeon to try and mf some yellows or T6 mats, because it is slower then farming DEs in Orr.

The minute you bring unique rare gear into a dungeon that is affected by MF and cannot be received anywhere else, people start running MF to get that loot. The correct way to do it was to put that new rare gear in the chests after the boss which isn’t affected by MF, adjust the drop rate accordingly, and not have it come from their bodies.

Now random PuGs are going to be dragging along people who can’t carry their weight because they are losing 40% of their combat stats by running mf instead because they want better loot.

No one cares about mf in solo Orr farming. The minute you bring it into challenging teamwork focused content where you have no control over what the 4 other people in your group wear, it becomes a huge problem. The only way to check against that is to either ask every single person you invite if they are wearing mf gear (which can still be hidden) which becomes tedious, or start segregating even more to guilds and dedicated groups which will make it even harder for new players and casuals to find dungeon groups. This is not good design for challenging content in an MMO.

I’ve played alot of MMOs, I’ve never played one where the challenging team-centric content with high end gear is rewarded by allowing people to wear worse gear for personal gain. That is just terrible design, especially knowing the greed of a majority of gamers and humans in general will push people to wear MF.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

…. an hour of running around four different outdoor zones will grant 4500 karma for your daily achievement and usually 6+ yellow items to salvage……

6+ yellow items in an hour?!? More like 6 yellow items in 5-6 days while playing 10-15hrs/day.

Edit so I won’t be all off topic; I’m looking forward to see what fun loot we can get. More loot = more fun for me

Try wearing a full set of 5x superior pirate runes, 1x superior traveler rune, and always having a +26% or +30 MF buff from food running full time. And always having the guild’s +10% MF buff running full time. You’ll see.

And the +26% MF food is very cost-effectively to produce in quantity.

(edited by shaktiboi.5194)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Terra.8571

The difference is that creature drops in dungeons right now aren’t unique. No one wears MF gear because you can just go farm Orr and get the same stuff much quicker if you wanted to farm for actual mat drops.

The minute you bring unique rare gear into a dungeon that is affected by MF and cannot be received anywhere else, people start running MF to get that loot. The correct way to do it was to put that new rare gear in the chests after the boss which isn’t affected by MF, adjust the drop rate accordingly, and not have it come from their bodies.

Now random PuGs are going to be dragging along people who can’t carry their weight because they are losing 40% of their combat stats by running mf instead because they want better loot.

No one cares about mf in solo Orr farming. The minute you bring it into challenging teamwork focused content where you have no control over what the 4 other people in your group wear, it becomes a huge problem. The only way to check against that is to either ask every single person you invite if they are wearing mf gear (which can still be hidden) which becomes tedious, or start segregating even more to guilds and dedicated groups which will make it even harder for new players and casuals to find dungeon groups. This is not good design for challenging content in an MMO.

This is 100% correct and the main issue most of us have with MF and these new item pieces. If they are as good as you have hinted, MF is essential. There was nothing or real note in the drop prior to this patch – now there is potentially lucrative loot.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Zearan.6732

Zearan.6732

Dear ArenaNet,

We had a great few months, but community outcry has made me reconsider our affair.
Don’t get me wrong; I love being worn by the majority of the farming community, and the feeling of getting eaten at least twice per hour is fantastic, but I feel as though I’m holding back the players from reaching their true potential.
It’s not you, it’s me. You have been really sweet, but your decision to make me an important part of dungeons was the final straw.
I’m breaking up with you. I no longer wish to hold players back from reaching their full potential. Please, let them be free of me.

Forever yours,
The Magic Find Stat

Changes to Dungeon loot

drkn.3429

And then we will have more people coming to the forums claiming that dungeons are too hard or unbalanced, simply because they refuse to use their toons at their full potential but run MF for unique drops, and we’ll have the devs cave in to the whiny demands, essentially wasting great work of dungeon designers to make them much easier so that the MF folk can faceroll through content with no issues.