Changes to Dungeon loot

Changes to Dungeon loot

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Given that dungeon gear from tokens is not the highest level gear any more what incentive is there for people to run explorable modes any more?

Exactly. Make all armour and weapon skins from old, bad designed and now obsolete dungeons drop randomly from this new awesome dungeon FOTM. That way people that are excited about randomly given loot are satisfied and people that like to run old dungeons have more incentive to play FOTM. It’s a win-win situation

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: They.9516

They.9516

ITT: People who don’t realize MF BARRREEELY hinders your performance stat-wise.

Changes to Dungeon loot

haviz.1340

ITT: People who don’t realize MF BARRREEELY hinders your performance stat-wise.

Yep, barely. Going full mf exotic gear lacks just 1071 of primary stat.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Sounds like you’ve spent a great deal of time making these updates.
Can’t wait to get in to my mf gear. My party will suffer for it but at least i will get nice loot.

This is exactly why Magic Find needs to be fixed. Because, honestly, who isn’t thinking “Oh, if I’m going to do the dungeons… I should get the best drops possible.”

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Make magic find a party pooled stat, so that if one selfish jerk uses magic find equipment, everyone in the party benefits. To balance this, cut the effectiveness of the stat by the number of party members. That way, while soloing you can get the full effect of your equipment, but when partying, your party doesn’t get nothing out of you having severely reduced stats.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Thanks but there should be better drops allround after 11/15/2012 we should have seen MF affect everything on Vets/ Champs/ and chests.

And the focus wasn’t supposed to be on dungeons in this title dungeons were supposed to be a fun side ride.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Dont understand why MF doesnt work on chests, but other than that seems awesome for sub bosses and the new loot set, really been having more interest in the dungeons as result of more interesting loots!

Keep it up!

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

MF is a selfish stat, no one can deny that.

Think about it this way, you are sacrificing overall group efficiency/survivability for better loot for yourself, just yourself.

And the fact that, at times that one-man standing could mean a big difference to the entire party.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

Sounds like you’ve spent a great deal of time making these updates.
Can’t wait to get in to my mf gear. My party will suffer for it but at least i will get nice loot.

This is exactly why Magic Find needs to be fixed. Because, honestly, who isn’t thinking “Oh, if I’m going to do the dungeons… I should get the best drops possible.”

lolol Rejam was funny! I hope he isn’t serious about it!

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Sora Shadow.9160

Sora Shadow.9160

Orr now offers 3g+/hr.

Please provide backup to this statement.

You can farm Orr for hours and not receive a single rare in full MF gear, whereas you’re guaranteed to receive 1.5g from AC.

What he means Orr that should be the Arah Dungeon. A party can kill two bosses in Forgotten path around 4-5 mins to get dungeon tokens. Two bosses drop 10 silvers each (with an omnomberry bar =14s) and one Bags of Wondrous Goods (3 tokens, 400 karma, 3s).

Exit the dungeon, repeat 7 runs in 30 minutes, , gaining 28s x7 + 6s x7= 2.38 gold, 5.6k karma and 42 tokens. Therefore, you can earn up to 4.76g or even more. The 3g+/hr is the min income. No point to finish the whole dungeon.

Currently, guild wars 2 is dungeon war 2, deletes all the maps, just keep dungeons and Lion’s Arch with new buggy FotM. Dynamic events is good to have 30 minutes gap to prevent farm or botting. However, it forces people to play the dungeons. Also, it will be the problem in some maps, which are some dead npcs in the town. I wish ArenaNet can spend more time on balancing and game issues. Not to mention the NPC glitches in Lost Shores event.

(edited by Sora Shadow.9160)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

so i recently realised that sometimes you get the unique item from the boss rather than the bag of wonderous goods (an example is the Spineguard or Foefire Amulet from AC Bosses), i dont want the crap item i want the bag can you make them seperate on the loot table because the new rewards really dont compare to the bag.

(edited by Lorana.2468)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Rob Hrouda…. fixin kitten, explainin it well, standin his ground.

When my grandkids ask “why did arenana turn evil?!” I’ll be sure to tell them about you and how you fought the good fight until the end. respect.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

This is a horrible idea. People will come to dungeons in FULL MF gear now hurting the group as a whole. You also dont let us inspect each other so we cant check someone to see if they are wearing good gear for clearing a dungeon.

Your balance team is moving in the wrong direction. MF is a HORRIBLE stat and has no buisness in MMO’s everytime a group wipes the question will be who is in full MF gear. So you might think just have people link there gear, that also wont work cause people will carry 2 sets with them and link the none MF set.

I say MF is fine when its attached to a buff for achieving something. WvW, make people do something extra on a boss and gain MF boost for the rest of the dungeon like kill it in a certain amount of time.

All you guys have done is create more problems for guilds and pug groups alike.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

MF is a selfish stat, no one can deny that.

Think about it this way, you are sacrificing overall group efficiency/survivability for better loot for yourself, just yourself.

And the fact that, at times that one-man standing could mean a big difference to the entire party.

Death to MF

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Orr now offers 3g+/hr.

You can farm Orr for hours and not receive a single rare in full MF gear, whereas you’re guaranteed to receive 1.5g from AC.

What he means Orr that should be the Arah Dungeon. A party can kill two bosses in Forgotten path around 4-5 mins to get dungeon tokens. Two bosses drop 10 silvers each (with an omnomberry bar =14s) and one Bags of Wondrous Goods (3 tokens, 400 karma, 3s).

Exit the dungeon, repeat 7 runs in 30 minutes, , gaining 28s x7 + 6s x7= 2.38 gold, 5.6k karma and 42 tokens. Therefore, you can earn up to 4.76g or even more. The 3g+/hr is the min income. No point to finish the whole dungeon.

Currently, guild wars 2 is dungeon war 2, deletes all the maps, just keep dungeons and Lion’s Arch with new buggy FotM. Dynamic events is good to have 30 minutes gap to prevent farm or botting. However, it forces people to play the dungeons. Also, it will be the problem in some maps, which are some dead npcs in the town. I wish ArenaNet can spend more time on balancing and game issues. Not to mention the NPC glitches in Lost Shores event.

Perfectly true. I’m not finding anymore a group doing ARAH. Just a group of speedfarmer doing first 2 bosses farming like explained on the quoted post, reset.
Shortly, the old tokenfarm. I was happy arah was back to the glory closing the waypoint door trick for lupicus, now is back to a farm for newbies who soon will wear the complete set, running with MF armor, with any idea of what arah is and what was after first bosses. I remember when Anet devs was so proud to have found a way to get rid of token farmers, not promoting the first boss farm+reset anymore..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Changes to Dungeon loot

haviz.1340

Orr now offers 3g+/hr.

Perfectly true. I’m not finding anymore a group doing ARAH. Just a group of speedfarmer doing first 2 bosses farming like explained on the quoted post, reset.
Shortly, the old tokenfarm. I was happy arah was back to the glory closing the waypoint door trick for lupicus, now is back to a farm for newbies who soon will wear the complete set, running with MF armor, with any idea of what arah is and what was after first bosses. I remember when Anet devs was so proud to have found a way to get rid of token farmers, not promoting the first boss farm+reset anymore..

First boss(es?) gives only 3 tokens, as opposed to 8. So it’s much less worth!! But you’re right, those tokens should be granted later, definitely not after 1 boss.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Had two people in my fotm group say they were wearing mf gear after I mentioned it was the slowest group I’ve ever been in.

I immediately blocked them so I never have to play with bads like that again. Thanks for dumb mf decisions and even having it in a MMO in the first place.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

the absolute worst from this update is not that MF is almost needed if you want those exclusive exotics but the fact that normal drops/chest items suck **** as much as they did before. What’s up with that!? am i grinding these dungeons for an exotic ring (that changes none of your appearance) when i have FotM dropping much better accessories and most importantly, waaaaaaaaaay more rares from trash mobs and exotics (always level 80 btw) from chests. Normal dungeons suck as much as they did before… Dungeons and Dragon events are a waste of time when you have FotM available. Out of topic but why Dragon chest reward haven’t been changed, like seriously……………….

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Ferny.8250

Ferny.8250

ADDITION: 11/15/3:38
I’m seeing a lot of people reacting to Magic Find being an issue here, so I felt I should clarify something.

Magic find has always effected dungeon creature drops – we haven’t changed that at all. Magic find does not effect chest drops however. This has always been the case in dungeons.
The mention of Magic Find for the sub bosses, is to say that we have given them unique loot drops, and that Magic Find is a factor in what you get from them. That is no different in the past as it has been in the future. The more Magic Find you have, the better chances of obtaining a rarer item.

He was merely clarifying that magic find influenced the rate at which the dungeon creatures drop these new items, its nothing new.

You would have not been told that magic find increases the drop rate but would still have used magic find to get better chances if you wanted to take advantage of it.

Therefore the number of players with MF gear will not change because some players will decide not to use MF as they would prefer to have more beneficial armor bonuses.

You are all jumping on what he has told you just because he said it. It would have made no difference if he didn’t mention magic find at all.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

I don’t think the extra gold obtained from bosses are needed.

Gold needs to be looted then “deleted” using waypoints, repairing, fees, cultural gear and that was pretty well rounded before the patch in my opinion.

But right now we are seeing numerous parties farming Forgotten Path of Arah for the first two bosses and making tons of gold with Omnomberries Bar which turn obsolete any other way to earn gold throughout Tyria.

Proof that too much gold is created is that most materials that don’t have additional usage after the patch are priced more and more each day, steadily.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Kimchi.3720

Kimchi.3720

ADDITION: 11/15/3:38
I’m seeing a lot of people reacting to Magic Find being an issue here, so I felt I should clarify something.

Magic find has always effected dungeon creature drops – we haven’t changed that at all. Magic find does not effect chest drops however. This has always been the case in dungeons.
The mention of Magic Find for the sub bosses, is to say that we have given them unique loot drops, and that Magic Find is a factor in what you get from them. That is no different in the past as it has been in the future. The more Magic Find you have, the better chances of obtaining a rarer item.

He was merely clarifying that magic find influenced the rate at which the dungeon creatures drop these new items, its nothing new.

You would have not been told that magic find increases the drop rate but would still have used magic find to get better chances if you wanted to take advantage of it.

Therefore the number of players with MF gear will not change because some players will decide not to use MF as they would prefer to have more beneficial armor bonuses.

You are all jumping on what he has told you just because he said it. It would have made no difference if he didn’t mention magic find at all.

Too bad he mentioned it then. He tried to clarify something that does not solve any of the concerns people are raising. The fact remains that the higher the MF you have, the better chances of you getting better items. Now that more players are informed, more players will wear MF gears just to boost their chances. I know I will.

But here’s the thing. It would be best if MF stat is just completely removed from Guild Wars 2. I don’t see the point. You want people to enjoy the dungeon and team fights more, however, having MF stats can ruin that. Because players will go to dungeons without the required gear to clear the dungeon in the first place.

You can make the boss fights as challenging as you like. Hell, the more challenging the better. Players feel the need to be rewarded the items they deserve for defeating a challenging boss. Not having MF stats to determine whether they deserve better or lower tier items. I sincerely hope ArenaNet takes this into consideration.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

mf in dungeons is the worst idea ever, draw out the dungeons so they take even longer still receive fail loots such a waste of time. Only real way to make money is to farm events in Orr, I’ve probably ran over 500 dungeons and have yet to receive 1 exotic gear. And now with fotm and Acension gear i have to run 1 dungeon repeatedly because its the only place in game where i can get that gear? what is up with that who thinks of this stuff seriously……….. I had such high hopes about gw2 but now im thinking i wasted my time and shouldve chosen a different game , one where im not limited to farming orr or running fotm. so disappointing

Changes to Dungeon loot

haviz.1340

Well, seeing as most of those special drops are worth less than you get from bags, I think it’s safe to assume that it’s quite beneficial NOT to wear any mf gear.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

Never got an exotic drop with or without MF gear. Tried both.
It is frustrating to know that unless you started playing, and played seriously during the first month (without the rose tinted glasses attitude where everyone is a happy noob AKA the first veteran generation to come) where the vents rewards and DR were much higher then you are the current economy’s kitten.

I’m not gonna lie, making gold isn’t the hardest task in the world. I often reach 9-12 gold before squandering it on new skins or mats for crafting etc.

But it is the current experience of many players who arrived JUST a little bit later than the rest to have reached lvl80 with full exotic (+ the stage where you craft your own endgame look by farming dungeons and crafting) without EVER having had an exotic drop.

Well that’s what’s happened to me. The bots are gone now, well for the moment at least, please increase the DR in general so we may get on with playing the game.

EDIT : I’d have to say the only place where I knowI’m guaranteed a rare at some point is the fractals, probably in order to encourage the players to explore the new content…but you made it so frustrating at the moment with the RNG drops…
I could deal with the farrival of the ascended tier, I could deal with with the RNG ring drops but I won’t deal with the fractal weapons.

I was one of those defending your stance with the implementation of the ascended gear, and saying that it still did not constitute a grind when most were/are still seeing red.

But no sir, that one there is too much. Before fractals, it might have taken “a bit” of grind to get where you wanted to be, and even if it was still a way off with the token system you always knew you were CONSISTENTLY getting closer…but RNG is the opposite.

Player A does 1 run, he gets it.
Player B does “amma gonna cry so many times I’ve done it” runs, still not the desired drop.

This is the reality of RNG, it WILL divide the community because of it is unreliable by definition. Nobody likes unreliability when it comes to putting effort in.

Would you bother turning in to work if your contract stated that you may or may not get paid at the end of the month, that whatever will be….will be ????
While this obviously isn’t work, the consequence will be the same. Those who are committed to your product will be turned off it. Not a smart move.

Do not treat your players like idiots, this isn’t the first game to implement RNG and those who have experienced it before know EXACTLY what this means.
You may not care because you have our money, but right now you do not have the monopoly of the heart.

Nobody is asking you to remove content, simply to make it fairer in its acquisition to those who have worked for it.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully listening.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Ok I don’t see why you would nerf this. Do the math.
Wondrous bag = 3s 43c average X2 = 6s 86c
Blue drops X 7 (provided you actually get drops)(max selling price of any blue is 99c) = 7s
So that’s what 13s 86c lets call it 14s a run add 1s for every green.
So you make 14s in 5 minutes thats 1g 68s per hour.
Provided no-one dies or lures any extra mobs.
If you die subtract 1s 50c for every death. If 2-3 people die while fighting the boss remove 1 run from the total.
Honestly running event chains anywhere makes you that much.
Now the 5 minute run time is very specific to the party because most parties take longer than 5 minutes.
So please explain to me how is this abusive? The gold farm is similar to running the pen/shelt and plinx chains in Orr.
Maybe it was because of an earlier post where a player complained about not being ale to find an Arah party. Note Arah path 3 may be the easiest but a lot of average players cannot get passed the Lupicus. Yes some people think he’s easy that’s fine but I’ve come across people who couldn’t survive in the room. Therefore would never get tokens. This is hurting the game. As for the economy please do not use precursors as a measure because its like using a Ferrari when you really need to use a tin of peas.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

The old dungeons still don’t have enough reward to make them worth doing over fractals.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

mf in dungeons is the worst idea ever, draw out the dungeons so they take even longer still receive fail loots such a waste of time. Only real way to make money is to farm events in Orr, I’ve probably ran over 500 dungeons and have yet to receive 1 exotic gear. And now with fotm and Acension gear i have to run 1 dungeon repeatedly because its the only place in game where i can get that gear? what is up with that who thinks of this stuff seriously……….. I had such high hopes about gw2 but now im thinking i wasted my time and shouldve chosen a different game , one where im not limited to farming orr or running fotm. so disappointing

exactly what i’m thinking but i’ll give them two or three more months to AT LEAST add a ********* lfg system. i’m soooooooooooooo tired of waiting HOURS before able to do a certain fractal level… heck i’m stuck at 29 for two days now cuz no1’s doing it, wtf anet.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Pessimissed.2580

Pessimissed.2580

Is there any chance the Dungeon Token system will every be replaced or changed to incorporate looting skins as well?

Changes to Dungeon loot

haviz.1340

Is there any chance the Dungeon Token system will every be replaced or changed to incorporate looting skins as well?

Don’t we have too much RNG already? I thought anet said RNG on ascended was a mistake in design.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Renegadeslx.4703

Renegadeslx.4703

You know whats fun? Asking people if they are wearing MF gear and then KICKING THEM THE HELL OUT when they say yes.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Rockhorn.2376

Rockhorn.2376

If I’m honest, MF has no place in an MMO. It forces you to have sub-optimal gear, lowering your combat efficiency, and thus weakening the group you are running with.

Please, just remove the stat entirely.

You shouldn’t be forced to wear a specific gear in order to get good drops from mobs.
It punishes the player and the group for wearing it, making dungeon runs harder.

Rockhorn Stonehide – Far Shiverpeaks

“Run to your false gods, we have tanks.”

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

If I’m honest, MF has no place in an MMO. It forces you to have sub-optimal gear, lowering your combat efficiency, and thus weakening the group you are running with.

Please, just remove the stat entirely.

You shouldn’t be forced to wear a specific gear in order to get good drops from mobs.
It punishes the player and the group for wearing it, making dungeon runs harder.

That’s the trade off though. MF gear gives you the opritunity for better gear at the cost of a higher challenge. It would be silly to be able to have your cake and eat it too. Whether it’s ethical to use it in pug groups or not is a whole other matter.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

As if having MF in a game wasn’t game breaking enough. I am completely shocked to read this thread’s sticky by Anet. Sorry, though what were game developers thinking? O.O

1. People using subpar gear for the sake of drops at the expense of effectiveness of group. Many people do not have static guild teams. In two of my guilds, so many have left already there’s rarely enough on for a team. People want different stats from different dungeons. Also being on AEST means people on LFG is even more limited.
2. Gear statistics inapplicable for many classes.
2. Light armor class difficulties with statistics
3. Highlights the need again for a decent system to view other player’s armor. Though l suppose in a pug they could just swap out sets later.

Please Anet remove MAGIC FIND from the game altogether.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

(edited by Siliconmana.3816)

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

That’s the trade off though. MF gear gives you the opritunity for better gear at the cost of a higher challenge.

There’s no higher challenge associated with kittening a kittenton of your stats because 95% of bosses are easymode faceroll fights anyway.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Begur.3205

Begur.3205

Please Anet remove MAGIC FIND from the game altogether.

From gear and food. MF can be used as dungeon difficulty buff.
For example FOTM can provide Lvl * 2% MF boost.

Changes to Dungeon loot

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Honestly I have nothing against magic find in dungeons, If dungeon is easy enough why not kick some extra luck in it.

Ofc real problem is that chance to get anything good is so small that not even 10000% magic find would help. Seriously, I never got a single exotic item as a drop from a mob in dungeon. EVER! And I did quite a bit of them.

Other thing is, silver mobs are too broken, they have too little “hard” and too much hp to be effective difficulty raisers. Not to mention they have no chance to drop anything good.

Why not simply remove any drops from mobs in dungeon, and put it all in chests. That will solve your “mf gear” problem. Place chest for every boss or harder encounter and kick everything in there.
But with one alteration! Add a big chest at the end of each dungeon run.

Last chest should have less drops, but 100% chance to have at least 1 rare item or 1-5% to give exotic item. Harder the dungeon, more drops from the last chest. Especially if harder dungeons would have chance to drop precursors.

Seriously, who is doing dungeons anymore? Once completed for achievement people stay away from dungeons like animals from fire. They just last forever and reward you with blue crap, or last 20 minutes, get same blue crap, and wait tomorrow to do it again.

Honestly DR is too hard for dungeons. Why castrate players and give them loot only once a day, and punch them in the face every time they do it again.

If player has time, why punish him for playing the game. After all, there is nothing else to play in this game except dungeons. And no, wvw/pvp is not part of pve world, and this thread is not about it.

You wanted for people to have fun, and instead you made it a chore game, most just log in, do daily, complete ac/cof and log out.

PLEASE I BEG YOU! GIVE US LOOT! It is all that every pve player need to keep playing.
Most people i know are quiting game because there is simply nothing to farm/do. And i don’t blame them, because it is obvious that game is broken simply because too hard DR.