Chat codes for raid LI ( legendary insight )

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kiktor.9503

Kiktor.9503

Hey, i heard there is code for them.

any1 knows them, like 15-30-50 LI?

and forum admins, its legal to use them?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m not an “admin”, but I do know that it’s perfectly fine to use those codes. Just don’t be surprised if you get yelled at by the group and then kicked if your experience level doesn’t match the experience the group is demanding.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kiktor.9503

Kiktor.9503

well i got full ascended gears, watched youtube videos how to do every boss and that attacks they got, only thing i never cared much about raids till now, then i want to make legendary backpack and for that u need salvage ascended gear ( TONS OF IT ), and raids seems best way to get them.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just make sure that you’re actually as good as the LI ping suggests you are, or you’ll really have a bad time. In general if you’ve never actually experienced the encounters (despite watching videos) you should be forward about that with your groups so they know what to expect.

Also, protip: join a raiding guild that does teaching runs!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Hey, i heard there is code for them.

any1 knows them, like 15-30-50 LI?

and forum admins, its legal to use them?

I know people fake chat codes. However, if you have the initiative or research ability to figure it out yourself, you can probably handle raids.

It’s not against any rules. I would consider it unethical though.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

[&Aif2LQEA] = 39 Legendary Insights

Please

For the love of all that is good in this world — only use this if you know you can meet expectations. Otherwise, you are just setting yourself up to be a hindrance for other people.

This means bringing the best food/maintenance for your build, having TS/Discord handy, being responsive to group requests, and understanding/performing your role in the squad.

NSPride <3

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

well i got full ascended gears, watched youtube videos how to do every boss and that attacks they got, only thing i never cared much about raids till now, then i want to make legendary backpack and for that u need salvage ascended gear ( TONS OF IT ), and raids seems best way to get them.

You dont need to make tons. U need to make 1 maybe two because u have to salvage the ascended backpieces from the collection anyways which snowballs the halls of dark matter u need.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

[&Av/2LQEA]
My personal fave
Usually for when people tell me how their insights make them pr0.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Dude, they’re gonna notice unless they’re all as dumb as a bag of rocks. I never ask for LI ping, but I’ve had pugs weaseling their way into the party and pretending to be experienced at said boss because they “watched a few videos” and believe me, it ain’t pretty. Unless they’re playing ps warr and everyone’s too focused on their own duty, you notice immediately they’ve never done it before, and then it’s either 2 things: we notice as soon as they get their 1st bomb/poison (if we’re lucky, they die straight away and cause no further damage to the team), we proceed to keep quiet about it and carry them through the successful kill, perhaps even with achievement (lookin’ at you, Seimur), then they leave feeling all smug and thinking they’re “experienced” and how OBVIOUSLY you don’t need LI to kill the bosses, all dem filthy elitists, bwahaha, I’m so smart and cunning, they didn’t notice!!!! or two: we fail the encounter, once or repeatedly, the morale goes to crap and I gotta pinch my nose and kick before everyone in the party ragequits (then complain about everything that comes to my attention ‘cause oh god I’m such an awful person).

Hey, it’s 50/50, right? well, more like 20/80, ‘cause you better not expect most pugs groups to be able to carry. Maaaaybe you get lucky every once in a while and nab some VG/gorse kills from a half-decent group without them noticing. That’s about it, unless you’re the luckiest jerk that ever lived on this planet.

Orrr could do like most did and work your way up from the bottom, but that isn’t as easy as getting carried, heh.

Anyway, I’m just gonna go ahead and be a toxic, presumptuous butt, let me just… /writes down
Just in case, eh. Better safe than sorry. And boy, don’t I feel like a sorry kitten when I catch a bad case of LieSneeze.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’ve taught people with zero experience how to run a boss before (i.e. they’re experienced on VG and gorse and I explain sabetha once we get there), and they’ve performed far better than people who have claimed experience. Honestly it’s really an issue of individual player skill and intelligence. If you’re smart and good at the game, you’ll be able to handle yourself well enough that LI ping teams won’t notice the difference.

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

This is nothing, wait for “wear Your full legendary armor or kick”

Soon

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

im waiting for legendary armor craft the whole set and tell people i dont have insights, if they kick me i will just ping em my full set :’D

Posted by: joaosequeira.2184

joaosequeira.2184

lol dude you are better off doing fractal T4 daily, specialization collections and other collections, and even craft, adding you to my blocklist just in case (yeah I’m a jerk ^^)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Please

For the love of all that is good in this world — only use this if you know you can meet expectations. Otherwise, you are just setting yourself up to be a hindrance for other people.

This means bringing the best food/maintenance for your build, having TS/Discord handy, being responsive to group requests, and understanding/performing your role in the squad.

Well done – give him help in what he’s doing and hope he doesn’t ruin other people’s fun.

This is really sad.

You shouldn’t fake codes – get your insights and actually ping them. It’s not that hard.

Plus – if you fake them – chances are you’ll get kicked 99.99% of time.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

Dude, they’re gonna notice unless they’re all as dumb as a bag of rocks. I never ask for LI ping, but I’ve had pugs weaseling their way into the party and pretending to be experienced at said boss because they “watched a few videos” and believe me, it ain’t pretty. Unless they’re playing ps warr and everyone’s too focused on their own duty, you notice immediately they’ve never done it before, and then it’s either 2 things: we notice as soon as they get their 1st bomb/poison (if we’re lucky, they die straight away and cause no further damage to the team), we proceed to keep quiet about it and carry them through the successful kill, perhaps even with achievement (lookin’ at you, Seimur), then they leave feeling all smug and thinking they’re “experienced” and how OBVIOUSLY you don’t need LI to kill the bosses, all dem filthy elitists, bwahaha, I’m so smart and cunning, they didn’t notice!!!! or two: we fail the encounter, once or repeatedly, the morale goes to crap and I gotta pinch my nose and kick before everyone in the party ragequits (then complain about everything that comes to my attention ‘cause oh god I’m such an awful person).

Hey, it’s 50/50, right? well, more like 20/80, ‘cause you better not expect most pugs groups to be able to carry. Maaaaybe you get lucky every once in a while and nab some VG/gorse kills from a half-decent group without them noticing. That’s about it, unless you’re the luckiest jerk that ever lived on this planet.

Orrr could do like most did and work your way up from the bottom, but that isn’t as easy as getting carried, heh.

Anyway, I’m just gonna go ahead and be a toxic, presumptuous butt, let me just… /writes down
Just in case, eh. Better safe than sorry. And boy, don’t I feel like a sorry kitten when I catch a bad case of LieSneeze.

Why do you carry people that sneak into the group? Kick them on sight and write their account names down for further reference.

Razor.9872

Please

Well done – give him help in what he’s doing and hope he doesn’t ruin other people’s fun.

This is really sad.

You shouldn’t fake codes – get your insights and actually ping them. It’s not that hard.

The issue for a lot of people is that they find themselves in a situation where they can’t “get [their] insights and actually ping them.” It turns into a catch-22 where they need insights to join groups to get insights — even when they have reliably beaten the boss before on more than one occasion with the rare insight-requirement-less groups.

The way I see it is this: If the people pinging chat-codes are not good enough for the insights they ping, then they will be kicked regardless. However, there are plenty of people out there who are definitely skilled/knowledgeful enough to raid, but are gated out of groups because of their lime-limited-life imposing a LI shortage.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Please

This is really sad.

The issue for a lot of people is that they find themselves in a situation where they can’t “get [their] insights and actually ping them.” It turns into a catch-22 where they need insights to join groups to get insights — even when they have reliably beaten the boss before on more than one occasion with the rare insight-requirement-less groups.

The way I see it is this: If the people pinging chat-codes are not good enough for the insights they ping, then they will be kicked regardless. However, there are plenty of people out there who are definitely skilled/knowledgeful enough to raid, but are gated out of groups because of their lime-limited-life imposing a LI shortage.

Easy solution, join raid groups that are for new raiders or that run guide runs or are starting from scratch.

Then again, that would mean you’d have to not get carried and might wipe a couple of times due to boss mechanics which you ultimately learn.

The excuse:

I can’t get insights because groups won’t take me since I don’t have insights is bs. Simply put it’s nothing more than:

“I don’t want to waste my time learning the raid properly, thus I try to trick raids into taking me along so I can get carried.”

Watching youtube videos is a great start and shows more commitment than what many are willing to do (then again, I’ve always been in raids where basic knowledge was expected before going for first trial runs). They are not enough to cover the bridge of “I’ve successfully killed this boss” though.

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

I don’t understand why you want to fake LI, just looked in LFG, 2 groups required LI, 5 didn’t.

The solution here is simply just don’t join groups that require it, when there are plenty that doesn’t (at least in EU)

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It is very easy to see if you post double digit insights but fail at the easy stuff already (like poison at matthias or sloth). I would just be honest or just not mention anything at all unless people ask you.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Blaine.6135

Blaine.6135

Whenever I try to link the codes provided in this post, my response is just blank. Do I have to alter the codes given in any way to make them usable, or am I being an idiot?

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Whenever I try to link the codes provided in this post, my response is just blank. Do I have to alter the codes given in any way to make them usable, or am I being an idiot?

I’m not 100% sure. You definitely need HOT to link the code. You may need to unlock the legendary armor collection (by beating one boss).

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This will all be moot soon regardless – as soon as people actually have to spend those legendary insights to make gear. I wonder how many people will accept the answer “I would link my LIs, but I had to use them to make precursor armor” or, even better, not make the armor so they can continue to link insights

IMO, this is silliness only practiced by insecure raiders who need the people they bring into their groups to be capable of carrying them through fights.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

This will all be moot soon regardless – as soon as people actually have to spend those legendary insights to make gear. I wonder how many people will accept the answer “I would link my LIs, but I had to use them to make precursor armor” or, even better, not make the armor so they can continue to link insights

IMO, this is silliness only practiced by insecure raiders who need the people they bring into their groups to be capable of carrying them through fights.

Well, I dont think it’s silliness to set up a requirement for your raid group if you want to go through very fast. The best groups I pugged with were the ones with “eternal only” and/or LI requirement. Last monday such “eternal” group was able to kill VG & Gorse the first try + Sab the third try. My fastest pug run so far and I have been in a lot of pugs since raid start. Sure, it can work without and it already worked for me but not on the safe side every single time.
Also, when people start to craft the legendary armor you will still have the “tonic buff” for selection.

Your argument about being insecured isn’t valid either because even if you open a group with 4-6 players (not 7-9 with all being your friends or guild mates) and you only set up a language demand there are always people joining that are not speaking the recommended language, refusing TS and more. Yes, asking for LI isn’t a good choice alone because you can fake them – sadly, I have seen those fakers and they were booted after detection (which is easy due to playing horribly) – but it pevents the honest players from joining.
And one last point about “carrying” even with 4 man you can’t carry players through the raid if they aren’t able to handle the encounter. While I agree a good guild group can take over the important roles with their 7 – 9 man team and carry 1 or 2 baddies, a good guild group of 4 – 6 cannot.
That’s why you have to ask for something reliable to ensure your amount of baddies is as low as possible.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Harper.4173

Please

This is really sad.

So they should form groups with other people that don’t have insights and want them.
Leeching off others is not nice.

There are people out there that have raided since day 1 – do your own work – earn your place don’t just try to freejoin good groups because you can’t be bothered to make your own.

Harper.4173

It would be fine because you could ping your precursor armor.

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Soon

I guess you have never joined one of those “experienced only” full SV clears in the weekend where the group can’t make it past p3 VG.

Elitism is an unfortunate side effect when you make endgame accessible to everyone, even those who still have no grasp of core game mechanics

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Soon

I guess you have never joined one of those “experienced only” full SV clears in the weekend where the group can’t make it past p3 VG.

Elitism is an unfortunate side effect when you make endgame accessible to everyone, even those who still have no grasp of core game mechanics

This is probably the main problem.

Also think about it: If this “only <5% of all players activley raid” is true wouldn’t that mean that at least 95% of all players won’t have legendary armor?

Now can anyone tell me why anyone would have a problem if they can’t play with the 5%? I mean 95%!!! of the playerbase would be in the same boat with you and you could simply play with them!

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If only someone had a wiki for this. That would just be fantastic.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Razor.9872

Easy solution, join raid groups that are for new raiders or that run guide runs or are starting from scratch.

And how often do you see such raid groups? From my experience, I see maybe 1-2 every week — at best. I’ve played through plenty of weeks without seeing any. I understand that the next solution is the make your own, but how much should one do that until they are considered “ready?” Because such groups almost never get the kill; while 5 or 6 people may know what they are doing, the rest are still absolutely new. Is one considered “ready” when they get a boss to 20% or less? Because doing that doesn’t reward any LI’s.

And thus, the catch-22 continues. The excuse “I can’t get insights because groups won’t take me since I don’t have insights” is absolutely not bs. It is a real issue with real people. Saying that such people are thinking:

“I don’t want to waste my time learning the raid properly, thus I try to trick raids into taking me along so I can get carried.”

is what is bs. That is just perpetuating ignorant fabrication. That badge you mentioned is more arbitrary that you may think.

NSPride <3

Razor.9872

So they should form groups with other people that don’t have insights and want them.

I agree. That is why I purposely provided a relatively low LI code and specifically specified not to do so until there were no roads left to travel. I also considered my audience; the people coming here to the forums are generally more, well, more, than the average player. All this considered, I believe it will help the raiding community (if only slightly) in the long run more than not.

There are people out there that have raided since day 1…

Of course there are. But what you may not be considering is these people didn’t have to contend with an LI wall. At that time, everyone was new to everyting and “learning” runs were prosperous and abundant. Now, however, unless you stay on for 12 hours a day, you’d be lucky to see any mention of a training run. Understandably the next step is to create your own, but how much should that be done until one is considered “ready?” Until a kill is earned?

That is near impossible for learning runs nowadays. Trainees come-and-go, and the mechanics have to be re-taught over and over again. There comes a point where “you” consider yourself ready. Maybe you have dropped a boss down to 20% or even 10% in a learning run. But then you have to call it quits because everyone else is. You come back the next day, and can’t get the boss past 90% because you’re having to teach an entirely new group that probably won’t/can’t stay for more than a couple hours.

Look, I agree that the code I provided may be used to get selfish, lazy, freeloaders into groups that otherwise just want to get the kill and move on — and don’t wan’t to have to contend with teaching someone who just isn’t worth it.

However,

I also believe that said code could help a lot of people get un-stuck from the situation described above. I guess it is a matter of how kittenty one views people in general. I’d like to think that doing so will eventually expand our little raiding community for the better — even if just a little.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

And how often do you see such raid groups? From my experience, I see maybe 1-2 every week — at best. I’ve played through plenty of weeks without seeing any. I understand that the next solution is the make your own, but how much should one do that until they are considered “ready?” Because such groups almost never get the kill; while 5 or 6 people may know what they are doing, the rest are still absolutely new. Is one considered “ready” when they get a boss to 20% or less? Because doing that doesn’t reward any LI’s.

And thus, the catch-22 continues. The excuse “I can’t get insights because groups won’t take me since I don’t have insights” is absolutely not bs. It is a real issue with real people. Saying that such people are thinking:

is what is bs. That is just perpetuating ignorant fabrication. That badge you mentioned is more arbitrary that you may think.

I see regular groups advertising and bigger GW2 communities run these events regularly and I’m not even actively looking for raids at the moment.

No, I did not suggest to “make your own” since if a player is at the stage of contemplating to trick raids to get taken along I highly doubt they have the will to even consider creating their own raid group.

Unfortunately, more often then not when threads show up (even on the official forums) where people/guilds offer raid training the threads are barren wastelands and the creaters of those threads can be happy if any one responds at all. No wonder, if every one tries to cheat their way into established raids.

Of course there are. But what you may not be considering is these people didn’t have to contend with an LI wall. At that time, everyone was new to everyting and “learning” runs were prosperous and abundant. Now, however, unless you stay on for 12 hours a day, you’d be lucky to see any mention of a training run. Understandably the next step is to create your own, but how much should that be done until one is considered “ready?” Until a kill is earned?

Yes, I’m sure the old raiders had no problem with LI proof. Then again day 1 raiders had to deal with:

- an inexperienced community and lack of guides
- establishing a working raid while members kept leaving if things did not go as planed
- keep the raidpool of available capable members healthy
- actually progress and finish the raid instead of just get taken along

I’m sure quite a few day 1 raiders would have loved to trade the “issues” some players have now for some of those problems. Yes, accessing an established and clear capable raid is harder than a new one, as it should be.

It wasn’t all roses and sunshine back then and multiple days of wiping on a boss until you finally had him down was common. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

There is also a trick without cheating if you are comfortable and you feel well prepared for an encounter but you can’t find a decent group to kill it:

Open your own group and ask with requirements (LIs, eternal, tonic buff, w/e bs). Fun fact, nobody who is joining such a group is asking the opener/leader of the squad to show the requirement as well. ^^
Of course you should know what to do or the team will boot you or leave.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Harper.4173

I agree. That is why I purposely provided a relatively low LI code and specifically specified not to do so until there were no roads left to travel. I also considered my audience; the people coming here to the forums are generally more, well, more, than the average player. All this considered, I believe it will help the raiding community (if only slightly) in the long run more than not.

There are people out there that have raided since day 1…

That is near impossible for learning runs nowadays. Trainees come-and-go, and the mechanics have to be re-taught over and over again. There comes a point where “you” consider yourself ready. Maybe you have dropped a boss down to 20% or even 10% in a learning run. But then you have to call it quits because everyone else is. You come back the next day, and can’t get the boss past 90% because you’re having to teach an entirely new group that probably won’t/can’t stay for more than a couple hours.

Look, I agree that the code I provided may be used to get selfish, lazy, freeloaders into groups that otherwise just want to get the kill and move on — and don’t wan’t to have to contend with teaching someone who just isn’t worth it.

However,

I also believe that said code could help a lot of people get un-stuck from the situation described above. I guess it is a matter of how kittenty one views people in general. I’d like to think that doing so will eventually expand our little raiding community for the better — even if just a little.

Being there on day one means dedication. You should be rewarded for it.
Of course going to collage when you’re 20 is easier than when you’re 40.
There’s a timing for everything – if you miss out that’s just how it is. I don’t understand why people expect things to be different.

You’re looking at the problem wrong too. If you want to beat the raids you need to form a static group.
You train with them – meet them on a schedule and keep going.
You get the boss down to 80% today , 60% tomorrow, and so on until a kill. Then move on to the next boss.

You can’t PUG raids from day 1. You can pug raids if you’re already good at raids but if you want to learn you have to do what everyone else did on day 1 – make a team, stay with that team and practice.

The situation you described above is the same thing as being lazy. This game has PLENTY of raiding guilds that form teams. Make a team – start from scratch – like we all did – get good. The LIs will come.