Chill about the nerfs guys

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

A.net knows what we as players want.

They will tell US how to have fun in THEIR game. Just like Jay Wilson did for all of us in D3.

Thanks A.net. MISSA STUPID. MISSA CAN’T THINK WITH MY OWN BRAIN.

Im sure what it comes down to is, “Our store isn’t doing enough business.”

Exotics were meant to be obtained through funneling gold out of the economy, thus driving up gem->gold purchases. CoF cut into it. And its important to keep in mind CoF still required a CRAP load of runs to get the gear. Any casual player would find it ludicrous.

Posted by: RainbowVomit.2509

RainbowVomit.2509

I believe it takes 15 – 20 runs per item @ 390 tokens per.

but yes i agree.

Posted by: Andronis.3926

Andronis.3926

Not only CoF. CM was changed too. Not only are the rewards for doing the thing reduced, they introduced harder mobs to kill and added more as well. So now it’s totally NEVER worth it to go try to help others complete it even once.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

To be fair, CM was way easier than AC by far on top of being overly rewarding.

Armor sets are way too expensive and the way you get them is the most grindy thing in this game by far.

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

This thread was completely unnecessary. If one dungeon being fine-tuned to be like the rest ruins it for you, I suggest you rethink what you like in games, and what value you hold in them. I understand every single person wants THEIR version of fun, but that can’t be possible.

So here’s where we stand:
I agree with their changes. You don’t. Who is right, and who is wrong? I’m not saying costs are high; they are. I’m not saying you’re completely wrong; you’re not. As it stands, I’m having a blast and hardly did any dungeons. If that’s where your fun is, then broaden your gameplay experience or gracefully bow out with a little class. Don’t make sarcastic topics that only serve to provoke.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Posted by: darkehawke.1269

darkehawke.1269

This thread was completely unnecessary. If one dungeon being fine-tuned to be like the rest ruins it for you, I suggest you rethink what you like in games, and what value you hold in them. I understand every single person wants THEIR version of fun, but that can’t be possible.

I agree with their changes. You don’t. Who is right, and who is wrong? I’m not saying costs are high; they are. I’m not saying you’re completely wrong; you’re not. As it stands, I’m having a blast and hardly did any dungeons. If that’s where your fun is, then broaden your gameplay experience or gracefully bow out with a little class. Don’t make sarcastic topics that only serve to provoke.

ERR it isnt just one dungeon….
and its also about the manner Anet did this.
You say you’re having a blast doing other stuff. What if tomorrow they completely changed that, made it so you constantly got 1-shotted, no matter how far away you were and had to spenda fortune on repairs?

(edited by darkehawke.1269)

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

either increese the chance of getting good loot from the chest, or decreese the price of geting armor

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

Although I agree that there should be better rewards from chests, I think the dungeon armor price is fine as it is and should remain a symbol of the pain-staking work you went through so you can show off your cool-looking armor.
(Although I think Ascalonian dungeon armor is not worth it considering you see many npcs with the current armor and the ways to get the armor.)

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

The point is, they did not take the time to assess the actual problems. They applied a bandaid fix at the expense of players enjoyment.

This is TERRIBLE game design.

When designing a game, specifically these dungeon things, there are “general” concepts that need to be addressed which were not, for unknown reasons (poor game design?)

1) How long should obtaining dungeon sets take?

The ‘fix’ changed this drastically. Whereas it may have taken 30 hours before, it now takes much longer. This was NOT addressed by the content designer in the other thread. I can only assume he did not consider it.

2) How much time are players willing to invest.

This is where OUR feedback becomes important. Its CLEAR that people want nothing to do with dungeons now because the reward is unsubstantial. The devs crossed the line because they didn’t ‘test’ our flexibility. Well, they broke us. The time investment is too much for JUST good looking armor.

3) Do the other areas work?

So many bugged out parts of different paths. Even the fixes to COF are buggy, and a lot of it seems untested.

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Yes, let’s cater to the 0.01% of players who find that grinding ball-bustingly difficult dungeons a hundred times for next to no reward is “fun”. Everyone else can just can just set up a “mash 1” macro at Orr events because that’s pretty much all else that the PvE game has to offer. Have fun finding a group!

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

At least before, you got 26 silver and 50-75% of a skill point out of it.

Now, even if you’re grinding non-CoF speedruns for tokens, you get next to nothing after 3-4 runs. 2.60 silver and 18k experience?

While I need 200 more tokens for my chest armor, I am not willing to do a dungeon ONLY for tokens.

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

They’re gonna look the other way until either people get tired or leave the game.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ranarn.8715

Ranarn.8715

Nerfs for gold/exp was ok… but not making they so much harder. Was hard enough before.