Class for high level dungeon Inquiries

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

Hi,

I main a mesmer and been using her whenever I play fractals. But for now I am stucked at doing level 49 fractal because I dont have enough AR for level 50. I wanted to regularly do high level fractals but what i have observed from my experience, I am having trouble looking for group because I am a mesmer. My question is if i want to make a high level fractal runner class, what should I make? should I continue with my mesmer? If not, what class then?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Guardian has a similarish playstyle to mesmer, probably easier to master too if you want to try that.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

Mesmer is really usefull in fast run of fractals. His best capacity are reflect and Portals.
You can totally continue with mesmer, but it’s true some people don’t know a lot and only want ele war and guard, you should avoid those guys.
If you want to be accepted in any group it’s easier with ele, (if you have ascended gear you can easily swap)

But as I said, the best would be to find good people that know the value of a good mesmer and do fractals with them.

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

On EU servers I do 50 and 40 every day without too much problem. Sure most “meta” groups wont accept me but there are some that understand I can replace a thief or guardian and if not there always zerk runs that accept any class.

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

thanks for the replies! I am asking because if im gonna spend my gold in gearing up a character for level 50 fractal i think i cannot gear 2 characters.

So far its either continue my mesmer( but yea its still harder to get a group) or make guardian or ele.

I am still open to suggestions and advice and tips

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I would continue with Mesmer.

Honestly, pre 6/23 patch there were only so many tricks a Mesmer had is why they were limited to very specific runs. However, the patch has granted the class extended utility that allow them to effectively be a Guard/Thief hybrid and be able to do so quite well (a healthy mixture of support boons, reflects, stealth, interrupts, etc)

I would argue that those teams that are rejecting you aren’t familiar with the class’s potential, or they are so fixated on the meta they won’t accept anything else.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I would suggest you invest in trinket. Get +10 agony infusion for your back and 2 ring. with the amulet, and accecory you can get +60 agony on just the trinket.

After that just 2 piece of armor and you can get +70.

But with the release of new fractal, price of agony infusion might be high now.

Also mesmer and elementalist share the same armor so that’s not too much of a problem, though you might need to make a sacrifice to go berserker and scholar rune for armor.