Classes and their roles

Classes and their roles

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

roflmao sry had to post this regarding all of the “classes” and their roles in dungeons. Any class can be whatever role they want to be (if they’re good at it) stop expecting someone else to carry your load. On Guild Wars 2 we’ve had majority of the same exact skills/traits for too long by now. And you’ll meet players that can def surprise you and wonder what/how they’re running that toon.

ShivaDéjàVu
Drâgons Reborn [Rïse]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnitedDragonsShiva/

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

wtb bunker thief…wait what

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Classes and their roles

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Wtb reflect warrior plz

Errr…

Classes and their roles

Posted by: mkaito.6981

mkaito.6981

Everyone is DPS. There are no other roles in this game.

Mesmer Lookalike

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Or you can be a “staff guardian” and act like the in game equivalent of a flowerpot, useless, just standing in the corner of a room.

I might actually post “No-Guardians” on my lfg.. at this point I’d rather have condition necromancers..

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

2/10. Would read again.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Classes and their roles

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Bunker isn’t a role in PvE. Nor is tank. The roles are:

1. Support (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY HEALING!)
  2. Damage (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY DIRECT DAMAGE!)
  3. Control (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY CC!)

Everyone does a little bit of each, but specializes in at least one. For example, my engineer is primarily damage, but I also have rifle for control and Healing Turret + Toss Elixir R for support.

I could switch it up and go a bit more support and bring Elixir Gun + some healing power.

I could also REALLY bring out the control parts of my build and run flamethrower + other CCs.

It just depends on what my team needs for this particular battle. If my team sucks, I’m going more support. If they don’t, more DPS. If the situation calls for CC, I’ll go more control.

I can do this on a thief as well. Thief does control via perma blind. Thief does damage by being a thief. Thief does support via venoms, stealthing allies and blast finishers with short bow.

Name a class. I’ll tell ya how you can do all three.

Also, Warriors can reflect projectiles. It’s the reflect on block trait.

tl;dr Everyone dips into all three roles, just you dip into one more than the others.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Bunker isn’t a role in PvE. Nor is tank. The roles are:

1. Support (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY HEALING!)
  2. Damage (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY DIRECT DAMAGE!)
  3. Control (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY CC!)

Everyone does a little bit of each, but specializes in at least one. For example, my engineer is primarily damage, but I also have rifle for control and Healing Turret + Toss Elixir R for support.

I could switch it up and go a bit more support and bring Elixir Gun + some healing power.

I could also REALLY bring out the control parts of my build and run flamethrower + other CCs.

It just depends on what my team needs for this particular battle. If my team sucks, I’m going more support. If they don’t, more DPS. If the situation calls for CC, I’ll go more control.

I can do this on a thief as well. Thief does control via perma blind. Thief does damage by being a thief. Thief does support via venoms, stealthing allies and blast finishers with short bow.

Name a class. I’ll tell ya how you can do all three.

Also, Warriors can reflect projectiles. It’s the reflect on block trait.

tl;dr Everyone dips into all three roles, just you dip into one more than the others.

You really have no clue about effective playing do you? Sorry to inform you but 30/30/30/30/30 doesn’t exist, so Thieves can’t swap from a venom build, to a control build, to a DPS build on the fly. Nor can a Warrior go from 1337imba420blazeit tank to lol2gud4u 4w350m3 shout h34lz.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Classes and their roles

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Or you can be a “staff guardian” and act like the in game equivalent of a flowerpot, useless, just standing in the corner of a room.

I might actually post “No-Guardians” on my lfg.. at this point I’d rather have condition necromancers..

You really don’t know what a guardian can do then. It is unfortunate for you that you’ve been paired with guardians that want to see big numbers rather excel at what they do best.

When i play guardian things I can personally guarantee;
No one will ever get one shotted by crusher
No one will ever fall during uncategorized fractal
No one will ever get poison blossomed to death/knocked down/dumped on in twilight.
No grawl will get through on fire shaman
no one will ever have more than 2 conditions for 10 seconds
stacking will work 90% of the time
everyone will have 12 stack of might/10 vulnerability when you need dps
bosses will be blind on their major attack

These are just what comes to mind. A good guardian won’t do much damage, but that is not their purpose. A good guardian can pretty much ensure no one ever dies unnecessarily. To list lfg-no guardians- is the most asinine thing to say. No other profession can bring this much to the table in one build with adjusting traits according to the environment.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

You really don’t know what a guardian can do then. It is unfortunate for you that you’ve been paired with guardians that want to see big numbers rather excel at what they do best.

No one will ever get poison blossomed to death/knocked down/dumped on in twilight.

These are just what comes to mind. A good guardian won’t do much damage, but that is not their purpose. A good guardian can pretty much ensure no one ever dies unnecessarily. To list lfg-no guardians- is the most asinine thing to say. No other profession can bring this much to the table in one build with adjusting traits according to the environment.

I’m pretty sure he’s well aware of the benefits of a good guardian. But finding a good guardian via the LFG? Not going to happen.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

The irony of this post is incredible.

[DnT]

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

I like blind bosses too, sometimes lupicus asks me where his glasses are.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

How do you prevent crusher from 1shotting people?
The real unfortunate occurance is being paired with guardians who believe they actually do the stuff you’ve said.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

These are just what comes to mind. A good guardian won’t do much damage, but that is not their purpose.

Go on, teach me sensei. You got me interested. I’ll also subscribe to your newsletter. Tell me all about the great builds and playstyles.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Classes and their roles

Posted by: notabot.3497

notabot.3497

A guardian can do most of that and still have high dps using the zerk sw-f/GS meta build. And if the party fails at the rest then they need to get good, dodging is a requirement in this game, not an option.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

that guy sounds like one of those “staff guardians”.

Classes and their roles

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What they do best is big numbers in addition to strong defensive support.

How does offensive gear stop a guardian from clearing the immobilise? Or stop them from using aegis? Also, shameless plug:

no guardian

I’m pretty sure you can’t stop a player from accidentally jumping off. Reflects-wise, well there are other classes with reflects too. You also can chain reflects in DPS gear.

Full berserker guardians can do this too.

DPS guardians can do this too.

DPS guardians can do this too.

I’m pretty sure DPS guardians can spam blinds too.

….so can DPS guardians.

Because as we all know, blind has 100% efficiency on bosses.

Since a DPS guardian using a meta build can do all of this, why would you run defensive stats? Low HP pool? Well yeah, that’s why you have blocks and vigour.

Haha , having a support guardian will never replace a dodge button. Simple maths .
1) crusher hits you 10k , the guard spams heallzzz!!
2) you are full hp , you are very happy
3) happy but still terrible, crusher one shots you this time , the guardians tries to heal and you both go down!!!!
4) one more hit from crusher and he roflstomps both of you
5) crusher almost full hp , because the DPS was pathetic
6) everyone wipes, the guardian calls them noobs for not being able to tank
7) crusher spams \laugh , what a bunch of nubs , trying to tank my one hit kill

Why do you even post?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Classes and their roles

Posted by: synapsefire.3045

synapsefire.3045

Agreed!

Classes and their roles

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Omg how did I not see this earlier, LOL

I don’t even know where to begin either.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Classes and their roles

Posted by: mkaito.6981

mkaito.6981

The only thing incredible around here is the circlejerk.

Mesmer Lookalike

Classes and their roles

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The only incredible thing is how he manages to spam 3 aegis in a row with perfect timing. Or is it 2? Jumping puzzle makes crusher seem easy.