Classes to solo Arah with?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Warden.8927

Warden.8927

I’m considering re-rolling from my ranger partly due to the state they are in now, and partly due to the CDI, incase ranger doesnt turn out to fit my play style anymore.

Anyway, I’m thoroughly enjoying the game so far, and am considering re-rolling, I would like to pick a class ( if it fits me) to solo things like Arah with, obviously just because I pick said class doesn’t mean I will be able to solo arah, I appreciate it takes a lot of skill and practice to achieve.

so far the most common are warrior/thief/mesmer just curious on which one could solo P3 the easiest/lupicus?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

15warriorsdancewithswords

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Warrior obviously. But thief can be a good choice for p3. Easy stealth for the 4 at the door and gorrilas, solo orbs, lots of mobility for the wraithlord event.

Warden.8927

Warrior obviously. But thief can be a good choice for p3. Easy stealth for the 4 at the door and gorrilas, solo orbs, lots of mobility for the wraithlord event.

I hate that the obvious choice here is warrior, I hate faceroll classes.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Then why list it as one you’re considering? You only gave them 3 choices.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

laharl.8435

I wouldn’t say soloing is faceroll with warrior. But some classes are better equipped for it.

Warden.8927

Then why list it as one you’re considering? You only gave them 3 choices.

I didn’t say I was considering one, I just said what seemed most common. and I didn’t mean that soloing would be faceroll, just other stuff might be.

laharl.8435

I’m sure you probably make any class work with smart use of consumables like harpy feathers, whisper spy kit, portals etc. Try it out with your ranger!

Warden.8927

I’m sure you probably make any class work with smart use of consumables like harpy feathers, whisper spy kit, portals etc. Try it out with your ranger!

I might aswell give it a go, what else could I capatalise on?

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I might aswell give it a go, what else could I capatalise on?

The plethora of resources on YouTube in regards to solo’s on specific classes.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

At least Belka is faceroll easy as a ranger since you can just put your bear (gasp) to take the aggro and then you can just sword autoattack her.

Warden.8927

At least Belka is faceroll easy as a ranger since you can just put your bear (gasp) to take the aggro and then you can just sword autoattack her.

Where do you find all this out? Ive only recently came back to the game after having quit just after launch. I’m actually finding it hard to find anything ranger specific on soloing Arah, any advice would be greatly appreciated mate

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Hah, another player that blames the class.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Where do you find all this out? Ive only recently came back to the game after having quit just after launch. I’m actually finding it hard to find anything ranger specific on soloing Arah, any advice would be greatly appreciated mate

Well I have some raw video clips of Arah P3 and P1 solos that I highlighted on twitch in case people want to re-watch and see how I do them. Maybe they can be of interest to you.

Arah P3 solo: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3709357
Arah P1 solo: http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3840580

For P3 there is quite a bit of idling near the end before killing last boss, because I usually like to give P2 and P3 out for free after I solo it. P1, I normally sell because I have to pay random people to come kill tar (only boss in it that is not possible to solo). I didn’t exploit or safespot any bosses in either and I also killed Korga in p1 too (always do). Only reason I killed all those risen spiders is because I was bored lol

Oh also I think I was bored waiting for tar help and solo’d champion orrian drake with no armor for the hell of it. At least, I think it was that time… might be wrong.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I did it with ele using the watchwork portal for the orb, and harpy feathers for the wraith event. If you don’t want to use these though, the only classes that stand a chance for path 3 are thief, mesmer, and warrior (maybe other classes are possible but not sure).

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

I did it with ele using the watchwork portal for the orb, and harpy feathers for the wraith event. If you don’t want to use these though, the only classes that stand a chance for path 3 are thief, mesmer, and warrior (maybe other classes are possible but not sure).

Or play whatever class and have a friend come help carry the orb :P

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

As a ranger the sword will actively try to kill you and I have yet to see a lupi solo with it. Greatsword is a huge dps loss and I heard it has some issues with 3rd hit in the auto chain too. P3 is probably the easiest with thief. Pistol whip spamming is a fun way to facetank crusher and a lot of other things. You can use shadow trap for orbs and the ritual shouldn’t be an issue with all the stealth you have access to.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

the only classes that stand a chance for path 3 are thief, mesmer, and warrior (maybe other classes are possible but not sure).

Noob here and at work so I cannot watch vid.
Thief and mesmer have portals shadow trap… what has a warrior than an ele doesnt?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

the only classes that stand a chance for path 3 are thief, mesmer, and warrior (maybe other classes are possible but not sure).

Noob here and at work so I cannot watch vid.
Thief and mesmer have portals shadow trap… what has a warrior than an ele doesnt?

defiant stance

Ryn.6459

Ty. Guess I need to watch some vids cause I don’t get it. I can think in ele alternatives to defiat stance. Maybe is a mtter of cooldowns tho…

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Invulns dont work on the orb. But defiant stance does, you also ooc for a few seconds with it and regen to full hp. You can run 90% of the distance with it. If you trait for shoutheals you can fully solo it. But then you have to go retrait quickly.

Ryn.6459

I see. Ty spoj.