Cliffside Fractal final boss Broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Problem: The Novices aren’t spawning during the final boss fight, prohibiting players from charging the hammer and breaking the seal.

We’re aware of the problem and are working on it. It does not effect 100% of the players. If you engage/agro the Novices before the boss takes the hammer back from you at the start, that seems to cause the issue when it does happen.

Meanwhile we have found a workaround while we try to resolve the problem with a patch. If the entire party wipes and restarts from the checkpoint, it could fix the problem.

(edited by Robert Hrouda.1327)

Posted by: Thundolfe.9302

Thundolfe.9302

I am sorry, but that workaround does not work. Even if the whole group wipes (which we did multiple times, yay repairs), it does not fix it.

Someone I know did get mobs to spawn eventually but during the next round they did not spawn again.

Please fix properly and if I may so humbly ask, please test this stuff better.

Thanks

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The workaround does work but cages are still broken. He teleports me into a cage I cannot break out of.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The workaround does work but cages are still broken. He teleports me into a cage I cannot break out of.

Have you tried to aoe the cages? I first thought I couldn’t hit the cages, but realized my AOEs hit them.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I’m sorry, but this is unacceptable. We should not have to use a workaround. You should actually test your stuff before releasing it.

Posted by: Krisstina.7238

Krisstina.7238

Have you tried to aoe the cages? I first thought I couldn’t hit the cages, but realized my AOEs hit them.

Not everyone has direct AOE ability~I cant get the cage open with my P/S engineer…

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Not everyone has direct AOE ability~I cant get the cage open with my P/S engineer…

How about your teammates then?

I was a ranger when I had this experience. I was trapped in cages, and my autoattacks weren’t hitting. But my friends dropped AOE on the cage and got me free. Hope this is helpful!

Posted by: RedHeadSaid.8057

RedHeadSaid.8057

Our group did this fractal just now and it’s a mess. We took the Archdiviner’s health down to 0, he dropped the hammer, then he went back up to 25% after taking the seal down to 75%; we kept the hammer and hit it a few more downs to get the seal down to sub 50%. Once it was sub 50% we were able to AoE the seal the rest of the way to 0% just like before this patch. Adds which spawned on a prior attempt did not despawn upon a wipe but stuck around so each new attempt had us doing some trash clearing before re-engaging the boss. Each wipe attempt reset the seal health back to 100% but the boss’ health persisted through attempts.

Posted by: redknight.8036

redknight.8036

Just shut off the Cliffside instance entirely from the fractal rotation till the problem is fixed.

Np, a.net you can mail the check to me as payment for consultation.

Posted by: dhodgie.6285

dhodgie.6285

I agree with the above poster, shut down cliffside until the appropriate fixes are in place.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

The workaround seemed to have worked for my group recently in difficulty 10. I’m not sure what others done to kill themselves during the final boss but what we’ve done is stood on the braziers and burned ourselves to death. Since then, the rest of the fight has worked as intended. EDIT NOTE: This is AFTER stunning the boss at 75%.

With that said, I think the added Fanatic adds at the end was a bit of surprise. I don’t ever recall them. Then again, I’ve always been in groups that wanted to AoE the seal before the patch. It’s quite refreshing to do this encounter somewhat legitimately.

Just some things to consider: the Archdiviner’s HP will regen a little after being stunned at 0%. This is normal! The reason behind this is that in the event of a wipe (in this case, a purposeful wipe for the purpose of the workaround instead of a wipe caused by odd mishaps), the party can still stun the boss, steal the hammer, and destroy the seal using the hammer.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

My group just had this bug on Fractal 12. I noticed that as a necro you can slightly damage the seal (~25/sec) with scepter. It takes forever but we did manage to progress to the next stage.

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Did you guys kittening test this workaround on levels higher than 9? It’s pretty much impossible to do on 30.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Please, tell me that the mobs not spawning when he drops the hammer is not the only glitch.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Another problem: After a wipe, mobs need to despawn and the boss’s health needs to reset. Having dozens of mobs out and the boss in his second phase at the start of the fight is a very unpleasant experience.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

So long fractals! It was already a time waster for no reward (3000+ relics and only 1 ring, 1 vial) Now it’s a time waster that you can’t even finish most of the time!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

actually one of the cages was bugged on our run.. there was no hp bar on the cage.. the other cage i broke out of… luckily we had a mesmer that could break us out

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

So how many months will it take you to fix this one?

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

people r just upset they can no longer exploit... thjanks anet you made me happy and i will log in again now to see how many explouts r left

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: sammael.7136

sammael.7136

Thank you for your continuous fixes. Please don’t let the oligophrenic minority attacking you on forums dishearten you.

Iehova.9518

Thank you for your continuous fixes.

They broke more than they fixed. Ain’t an improvement.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

So long fractals! It was already a time waster for no reward (3000+ relics and only 1 ring, 1 vial) Now it’s a time waster that you can’t even finish most of the time!

1900 relics now, and igot 8 rings, 27vials, 11 globs and 6 mists…

ur not lucky man

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

Posted by: Chinnaru.4359

Chinnaru.4359

Just did a run and mobs kept spawning and spawning until game kicked us.
Also on wipe the boss didnt reset hp nor did the mobs disapear.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

You have to hit the seal to stop the adds from respawning. Then deal with the boss and about 10-15 mobs (about half of them veterans)…

(edited by mosspit.8936)

Posted by: WBL.6715

WBL.6715

Did this one lvl 15, 16. No problems yet.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

This was a nightmare on 20 last night and took forever. 2 people in my guild had to disband groups with pugs because they didn’t have the organization to do it.

First we had the obvious bug where we got him to 75%, didn’t spawn adds, had to kill ourselves.

So we went back, he stayed at 75% health, immediately he started doing his huge AoE agony attack, then spawned like 15 adds which didn’t despawn after we used the hammer, which is rather ridiculous at 20+ fractal levels fighting an AoE Agony boss + like 10 veterans and a bunch of normal mobs.

So we wiped a 2nd time. We went back, he now had 50% health and didn’t regen, all the adds were still there that we had to clear before agroing him, then he no longer did any agony moves and just stayed melee. We had to kite him to the corner so we didn’t have to fight him and the 15 adds that spawn every time and then we managed to hurt him 4 times, do the whole hammer thing, and only agro a few mobs when we went in to hit the seal.

This fight is so messed up it’s amazing. I did this fractal legit at 10+ before I knew about hitting the seal with AoE attacks, and it was never even close to this screwed up. Not sure how doing something simple like making the seal un-attackable completely screws up this boss, it’s not just adds not spawning the first time.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I think I’ll wait until they get this fixed.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

Made a huge post about how I 3-manned this Fractal last night, but the thread’s been deleted/moved/something.

PM’d Robert about it, though; maybe he can find it. The Fractal isn’t completely borked, and there’s definitely ways you can get around it being “bugged”, though it takes some creative thinking.

All in all, it was the most enjoyable puzzle GW2’s put before me for a very long time, and my party had a wonderful time solving it. If I can find a way to get my thread back, I’ll link it here and let you all know.

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Had no problem with this. Of course my group goes out of its way to do every dungeon the way the devs ment them to be done. Since we do that, we were prepared to do this event the right way, you know, the exact same way we have been doing it since launch.

Thank you for the fixes Anet.

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Is there a way you guys can remove it from rotation until it’s fixed?

You’re going to see a MASSIVE drop off of players that completely stop playing fractals just because of cliffside being bugged out.

Posted by: Anubite.4198

Anubite.4198

Just wasted 2 hours of my life on lvl 14 fractal on that final boss.
we got boss to 75% he bugged and we all just cliff dived to reset it, we reset get him to 50% tons of mobs spawn and due to random pug party with few people being “kittening” fracks of personas we were wiped, i managed to survive with my thief and cloak/revive everyone so the seal does not restart like it did previously due to the wipe.
after that it was painfull to do just about anything in random party with before mentioned no voicovers, i get 25 stacks of vunlerability and the boss just oneshots me on nova, i have 2 rings with agony resist and agony does little to no dmg at all, but being super squishy (even though i am vit/toughness/condition dmg) build and survive 4 hits from boss normaly, with d/d and dodge it is nothing. the adds he keeps spawning the veterans that do insane dmg and apply horrific vulnerability made my party kick the kitte’h and just leave with promise that every1 will not do this FoTM any time soon because of bugs.
New bug:
even though you stay behind the explosions on last climb to final seal
you still get knocked over, probably caused by server lag or it was just my imagination getting kicked off for few times, along with other party members.

Posted by: Radakaster.9180

Radakaster.9180

I second the motion to disable this one until it is properly fixed. There are a plethora of bugs, and there does not seem to be a guaranteed workaround. I personally will not be doing any fractals anymore for the possibility of not being able to finish it – which happened earlier for me.

We had a regenerating boss, a seal that kept resetting, and an infinite amount of respawning creeps. We suicided about 3-4 times too to try to reset it.

Radakaster [ThUn]
Desolation

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

We did this again today and ran into the same issue of no adds spawning.

We figured out that it was the Necro trait “Vampiric” (steal health on hit) that was doing the damage to the steal, instead of the condi like we originally thought.

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

WhiteAndMilky.2514

We figured out that it was the Necro trait “Vampiric” (steal health on hit) that was doing the damage to the steal, instead of the condi like we originally thought.

Yes apparently any lifesteal does dmg to the seal. But after a while the hits stop connecting. Also, some of us have no lifesteal, like guardians. If this isn’t fixed in a few days I’m gonna have to get some spare weapons with lifesteal sigils on them.

Chinnaru.4359

Personally I would steer clear of this until these bugs are fixed.

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

I noticed that after 75% no mobs spawn but I have seen some cultists on the level below that usually are not there. Got this done1 out of 4 times today only by resetting the boss/adds after each hit on the seal. It’s just frustrating to no end…

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

AS I’ve said many times this week, you broke it!!!!!!!!!! What the heck did the dev’s do? What are you guys and gals THINKING???

Again, almost 3 hours of my life gone and STILL not one daily pass completed. I just finished another incomplete lvl 12 daily with a pretty decent group. Got through the dredge with little issue. Except the insane “DEATH SPAWN” once you break down the door. Yet, that wasn’t the issue. Next up was the Cliff’s and the boss fight is INSANE. How many add’s do you put in there? We kept beating him down to zero and it was a spawn fest. And, they don’t clear out as someone already mentioned. I was beating on a Fanatic, like beating on, and then it split into two! I was like, “WTK????” This mess of a Fractal is getting worse…… Remove it from the rotation, please??

All I know is, Dec 14th…. Ascended gear better hit the regular zones or this has been nothing but Bull Kittens. Honestly…. ENOUGH!!! Don’t add Fractals to the monthly achievement in January either.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DeWolfe.2174

Oh and…. ENOUGH with the control freakness of the game. Drop Unique items, equipment limits, and let US have fun in here!!!! <end of line>

:)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Just finished this fractal.
-First attempt he bugged after his first stun (no adds spawned, steal took 0 damage as it should so we couldn’t AoE it down during this attempt).
-Second attempt boss started at 75%, we got the seal down to 0 (it had no visible health left, we had hit it 4 times), then about 15+ adds spawned, the bosses AoE started to hit the area even though he was still stunned, the hammer wouldn’t charge skill 4, even after killing multiple enemies before we all died. Just to clear that up a little bit, after the 4th stun/seal hit, THEN the 15+ adds spawned (on top of the few adds that were still up from the 4th stun). The seal took 0 damage from AoE attacks (as it should) during this attempt.
-Third attempt the boss started at 25%, we stunned him once, and the seal took AoE damage and let us complete the encounter with only the one boss stun (via AoE damage to the seal, no one touched the hammer).

This was on lv 10 btw (not that it probably matters).

Chinnaru.4359

Just finished this fractal.
-First attempt he bugged after his first stun (no adds spawned, steal took 0 damage as it should so we couldn’t AoE it down during this attempt).
-Second attempt boss started at 75%, we got the seal down to 0 (it had no visible health left, we had hit it 4 times), then about 15+ adds spawned, the bosses AoE started to hit the area even though he was still stunned, the hammer wouldn’t charge skill 4, even after killing multiple enemies before we all died. Just to clear that up a little bit, after the 4th stun/seal hit, THEN the 15+ adds spawned (on top of the few adds that were still up from the 4th stun). The seal took 0 damage from AoE attacks (as it should) during this attempt.
-Third attempt the boss started at 25%, we stunned him once, and the seal took AoE damage and let us complete the encounter with only the one boss stun (via AoE damage to the seal, no one touched the hammer).

This was on lv 10 btw (not that it probably matters).

This is the problem I had aswell but our group had no idea as to what to do when boss doesent reset or add stay and multiply.

And near the end we all got kicked (I assume from adds spawning over and over omtop of each other

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Yes apparently any lifesteal does dmg to the seal. But after a while the hits stop connecting. Also, some of us have no lifesteal, like guardians. If this isn’t fixed in a few days I’m gonna have to get some spare weapons with lifesteal sigils on them.

I have yet to verify if this works, but a guildie told me you could also use life-stealing food, like an Omnomberry Ghost, to help damage the seal. I’m not sure how it could work considering that the life-steal procs off your crits instead of normal damage (and you generally can’t crit on most objects) but it might be worth a shot.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Iehova.9518

Just shut fractals down until ALL bugs are fixed. ALL of them.

Posted by: Belligerent.4819

Belligerent.4819

why cant you just revert the changes of the patch, sure some people would continue to use the exploit on the last seal but that outcome is much better than this one, you turned a tedious fractal into a horrible nightmare.
Also: Anet in charge of bug testing

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Haven’t done fractals at all since this happened to me. And I’m am a very active fractals player. Does Anet not want people using their new content?

Please either disable the cliffside instance till it’s fixed, or revert to the old fractals build until it can be sorted out. Your community would like to continue to play.

Posted by: Harain.9137

Harain.9137

i’m all for fixing exploits, but bugs should be the top priority:
- exploits save us a few minutes and don’t remove most of the fun
- bugs (like dc not being able to rejoin) cost us hours sometimes and seriously hinder the fun of the game

Do you want us having fun and keeping on playing? Or are you trying to make ppl quit? Cause you’re succeeding there… at least fractals.. I’m the last of my group still even trying, and am very close to giving up on fractals altogether…

5 groups today, all 5 had to quit after an hour cause of dc

this is unacceptable

the exploits weren’t really hurting anyone, this dc issue IS. Fix bugs, then exploits, then add new content. And TEST it before please

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Don’t worry guys, next patch will fix the exploit where lifesteal hits the seal then we’ll be trully kittened!

This is why that post about exploits worried me, because they were more likely to fix the exploits and cause more trouble than fix what was blocking progression in the first place, but that’s what we get for playing fair, maybe soon you all will learn. I’ve done dungeons for quite a while and have dungeon master title, I know all the bugs and exploits around dungeons (Can do 3 paths of Arah in 30 mins each because of it) But I don’t bother reporting because of the way the players are treated and the way things are handled.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

I have to say this is what annoys me the most about these fixes. There are other game & fun-breaking issues out there that need addressing and should have the focus of the ANET team. Fixing a bug that allowed us to AOE the seal, while yes saved us a few minutes, is in no way game-breaking.

Now it’s completely fubar – let’s see how long they take to fix it – I’ve had groups quitting on 3rd Fractal because they don’t want to do it, they’d rather just quit!

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Had no problem with this. Of course my group goes out of its way to do every dungeon the way the devs ment them to be done. Since we do that, we were prepared to do this event the right way, you know, the exact same way we have been doing it since launch.

So I guess these are all intended:

- add not spawning.
- add spawn infinitely.
- add doesn’t reset after wipe.
- Boss can start aggro and attacking you as soon as you respawn at the check point.
- Boss’s phase doesn’t reset and stuck in the AOE phase.

Get off your high horse.

(edited by Abriel.4103)

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

So I guess these are all intended:

- add not spawning.
- add spawn infinitely.
- add doesn’t reset after wipe.
- Boss can start aggro and attacking you as soon as you respawn at the check point.
- Boss’s phase doesn’t reset and stuck in the AOE phase.

Get off your high horse.

Only 1 of those happens happens if you do the boss correctly. Whatever tho. So many people here want to whine rather than beat the boss right. Every time they make a boss with some interesting phases like this one and Lupicus, the people who cant,wont, or too lazy enough to beat it come here and whine.

The seal needs to have its protective seal at the start of the fight. Once thats done, the rest of the fight is not broken.

DeWolfe.2174

^I’m calling complete and utter BS on you!!!! We wiped to reset it yesterday many times. Finally we started with the barrier over the seal. I clearly remember saying in Map chat that maybe this time it’ll work. IT DID NOT! We had infinity spawns up the butt again and again.

There was nothing wrong with the way it was. If you wanted to AOE the seal, you could. If you wanted to use the hammer, you could! What’s wrong with OPTIONS? If it made someone happy doing it either way, that’s good. Because it’s supposed to be entertaining, it’s a game!!!

Now, because of the whining to the dev’s, it’s a mess……. So stop sucking up and let people have choices in how they wish to play the game. The way that makes them happiest is usually the best way!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.