Cliffside Fractal final boss Broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Ruien I’m afraid you are wrong. The boss bugs out constantly, regardless of whether the seal has the barrier or not. Mainly in the mobs not disappearing after hitting the seal and then the worse bug where they re-spawn over and over even when the hammer is not dropped.

KyleQuest I have to disagree there was something wrong, being able to hit the seal with aoe’s was unintentional, went against the mechanics of the dungeon and for all purposes was an exploit. I have no argument with that being fixed.

The problem is the fractal is now broken to the point where most PUGS will find it uncompletable, meaning even running a fractal on level 10+ is risky. Most Pug must be lucky and not get the infinite adds in order to progress.

I hope they remove this frac from the rotation until it can be fixed as I wont be running any fractals again until these bugs are gone…

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

I don’t know how showstopper bugs like this can slip through any sort of QA testing?

Maybe I am being optimistic and in reality no testing was done at all?

My group ran into the non-stop respawning mobs, not to mention the fact that the boss seems to do AoE agony at a much higher rate than before

Eventually, we won only because someone accidently aoe’d the seal and we realized it was bugged again and suseptible to attacks … so we’re back to square one

(edited by Hufflepuffer.4201)

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

please fire your lol tester team, they seem very clueless how to test things properly before releasing “fixes” into production (aka the user community)…
guys you fix 1 thing, but bug out many other things instead….

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

This fractal is unbeatable and will make people stop doing FotM. I think it should be removed from the fractal rotation until fixed.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

This fractal is unbeatable and will make people stop doing FotM. I think it should be removed from the fractal rotation until fixed.

Hrouda said somewhere that they tried to make the fractals difficulty balanced, but this final boss at lvl30 and over is just kittening ridiculous.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Only 1 of those happens happens if you do the boss correctly. Whatever tho. So many people here want to whine rather than beat the boss right. Every time they make a boss with some interesting phases like this one and Lupicus, the people who cant,wont, or too lazy enough to beat it come here and whine.

The seal needs to have its protective seal at the start of the fight. Once thats done, the rest of the fight is not broken.

What do you mean correctly? I did that boss, the adds didn’t spawn. The rest didn’t happen then because the fight was stuck at that point XD

But we didn’t get to see the other bugs because, dum dum dum! The seal was STILL vulnerable without the hammer somehow.

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

I’ve done it with my guildies yesterday but it was just broken. No adds spawned so hammer was useless but strangly I still could damage the seal by my own attacks. I’ve tried to analyze why my necro can damage seal and my friend necro and other players coudn’t and I think it’s minor trait Vampiric (this siphon effect, 25 on seal with each attack)

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

please fire your lol tester team, they seem very clueless how to test things properly before releasing “fixes” into production (aka the user community)…
guys you fix 1 thing, but bug out many other things instead….

From experience I can tell you that things like “mob spawn” etc. are often either non-testable at all or they work fine on internal testserver, than it goes live and all hell breaks loose

Btw, had the “no adds spawning during first hammer phase” bug several times now and it could always be solved by either necro soloing seal (takes forever) or mass-suicide down the cliffs.

One small suggestion though: could you change the seal back to taking damage from aoe’s as long as it takes to fix this completely? This way working through two other fractals just to be f…ed over in this one isnt an issue anymore.
Or deactivate this fractal completely. There are enough other ones.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Hrouda said somewhere that they tried to make the fractals difficulty balanced, but this final boss at lvl30 and over is just kittening ridiculous.

They tried and failed miserably. Some fractals are piss easy while others are ball-busting hard.

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

Did this Fractal again yesterday, no problems.

Well, comparatively speaking, at least.
Started boss fight as per usual, got him down to 75%, didn’t spawn minions. Team suicide to reset fight, and things were fine.

@Issues with explosions on the ramp:
Sometimes the ramp lets off double-sets of explosions, one like, 1.5s after the first. It should only have one set of explosions, I’m guessing, but it’s a relatively minor bug, considering. Just watch your step a little more than usual and it’s np.

That said, both times I’ve done this recently, I was playing on Fractals level 1/7 respectively, so the mechanics might be oddly tweaked to allow for agony. Not sure if that’s what might be causing more instability than expected.

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

I do not count the infinite spawns as a bug because they have ALWAYS spawned if you had done the event the right way to begin with. The trick to this fight is knowing where to pull the boss so that your not fighting the whole entire room of adds. My static group does this fight every single day since we always seem to get it as 1 of the 3. Sometimes multiple times a day. We have no problem beating this fight.

As I said before, only 1 thing is buggy and thats the seal not having its protective barrier around it at the very start of the fight. This is what causes the first wave of adds to not spawn. Once that is handled, the rest of the fight is beatable in the way the devs designed it.

As far as the guy saying that games are supposed to be fun, well challenging fights like this is fun for me. When people are able to cheese a challenging fight, that takes my fun and sense of accomplishment away. If your not skilled enough to do the content, find something you are skilled enough to do.

Posted by: Nightwatch.2653

Nightwatch.2653

I don’t understand how you could possibly have released it in this state. What is your QA / release management process? When a developer marks something “done” do you just commit it and ship it?

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I do not count the infinite spawns as a bug because they have ALWAYS spawned if you had done the event the right way to begin with. The trick to this fight is knowing where to pull the boss so that your not fighting the whole entire room of adds. My static group does this fight every single day since we always seem to get it as 1 of the 3. Sometimes multiple times a day. We have no problem beating this fight.

As I said before, only 1 thing is buggy and thats the seal not having its protective barrier around it at the very start of the fight. This is what causes the first wave of adds to not spawn. Once that is handled, the rest of the fight is beatable in the way the devs designed it.

As far as the guy saying that games are supposed to be fun, well challenging fights like this is fun for me. When people are able to cheese a challenging fight, that takes my fun and sense of accomplishment away. If your not skilled enough to do the content, find something you are skilled enough to do.

If its true the infinite adds are not a bug then there is currently a bug that sometimes the adds disappear after the seal is hit. Around 25% of my runs after the patch have this happening, while the other 75% get the enormous amount of mobs.

Additionally, if the mobs aren’t a bug then this dungeon is disproportionately difficult compared to the others and needs adjusting. I personally think 15+ veteran mobs cannot be intentional and is unfairly hard for PUGS.

Posted by: Castiel.8169

Castiel.8169

this fractal is so messed up right now, infinite mobs respawn, after seal hit no despawn, dealing with 15+ adds an boss of course. if it was like please please not volcano before patch, it is now please please not cliffside…

Posted by: Radakaster.9180

Radakaster.9180

Just been trying this at level 20, assuming that the infinite spawn is intended and that we have to fight him in the side room, he’s also disproportionately difficult compared to other level 20 fractals.

Radakaster [ThUn]
Desolation

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

“I do not count the infinite spawns as a bug because they have ALWAYS spawned if you had done the event the right way to begin with. The trick to this fight is knowing where to pull the boss so that your not fighting the whole entire room of adds.”

Has it ever occurred to you that this IS an exploit too???? Yes, cowardly running into a side room isn’t a bug? Like those Fanatics, by title alone, wouldn’t follow you to the ends of the Earth to defend the Archdiviner? It’s a bug and has been a bug from day one.

I much rather believe the design was a controlled spawn rate that is slow enough that you can stand your ground and handle it. Not run around like little children finding special little corners of a room to hide in.

And yes, I’m being extra sarcastic because we have pages of people complaining this Fractal is broken. Meanwhile, you’re coming in here Ruien and putting everyone down for it. Not Cool!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Ruien.9506

My intent is to give the devs a full picture of what is being discussed. If only those who cant do the content come here and complain, then all the people who do play at a higher level get stuck with content that is too easy. I never said my group pulls him into a side room. We actually kill all the adds. We just dont try and take them on all at the same time. You can pull him to the cages and the adds become more manageable.

The argument that everyone agrees that its broken so it must be so isnt true all the time. Poor people complain about rich people all the time and whine because they cant seem to become rich. They totally forget that most of the worlds millionaires actually started out dirt poor. They were just better at making money than most people.

Lets face it, the average MMo player just isn’t very good. They complained about how impossible Lupi is in Arah on and on. A guy posted a solo video today of beating him legit. Just maybe, it isn’t the fractal that’s too hard. Maybe your just not doing it right or just not very good. i know its a hard fact to swallow.

Posted by: mOOnRaBBiT.8913

mOOnRaBBiT.8913

oh, well… this pictures sums up what i feel. XD

btw we were able to finish one yesterday by luring the boss on the small room, sadly on the next fractal dungeon one of us got DC and they have not fixed that one yet. now im a sad panda

Attachments:

(edited by mOOnRaBBiT.8913)

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

i’m so pissed about this bug you don’t have idea. i did 104 runs and i don’t have single ascended item, and i have to face double stacks of agony + 25 stacks of vulnerability. anet you’re doing it wrong. everytime you try to fix things you make it worse than ever, i appreciate you’re trying to fix exploits, but right now exploiting it’s the only way to avoid your mistakes. and your rng sucks, honestly.

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

My intent is to give the devs a full picture of what is being discussed. If only those who cant do the content come here and complain, then all the people who do play at a higher level get stuck with content that is too easy. I never said my group pulls him into a side room. We actually kill all the adds. We just dont try and take them on all at the same time. You can pull him to the cages and the adds become more manageable.

The argument that everyone agrees that its broken so it must be so isnt true all the time. Poor people complain about rich people all the time and whine because they cant seem to become rich. They totally forget that most of the worlds millionaires actually started out dirt poor. They were just better at making money than most people.

Lets face it, the average MMo player just isn’t very good. They complained about how impossible Lupi is in Arah on and on. A guy posted a solo video today of beating him legit. Just maybe, it isn’t the fractal that’s too hard. Maybe your just not doing it right or just not very good. i know its a hard fact to swallow.

Regardless of my opinions on the difficulty, there are bugs because it’s never properly been mass-played by the playerbase. As an example of just one bug, last night we wiped on the encounter in the third phase (the cage phase). We respawned, came back, and he stayed in the third phase the entire fight. Clearly it needs looking at, and while you might want to flaunt your elitism, you’re no better than those saying it’s too hard by saying it’s working as intended.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Posted by: Lyceoth.6419

Lyceoth.6419

The last patch was a big disimprove in my eyes.

I have been dooing fractal-runs every day since their release and I see 2 causes preventing players from any progress:

1. RNG on infused rings.
Even after 20+ daily chests of Tier 3/4 I dont have an useful infused ring nor fractal weapon. A ranger-friend got a trident and ele got a longbow – how useful! Trading drops within a group should’t be that hard to figure out and implement.

2. Fixing the cliffside exploit made it impossible to beat the last boss on higher difficulties.
No tactic is successfull, because the adds keep spawning even if the seal is damaged resulting in a permanent fight against the boss and about 7 veterans (+normal adds). Trying to dodge that fractal by starting a new round could help one … but guess which fractal we got as 2nd? Imo they should disable cliffside until it is fully fixed.

And not to mention the great droprates for yellows. After running through 8 fractals with some (+60%) magic find i got one whole yellow backpiece.

Making one disappointed is quite likely that way..

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

There is a strategy that works very well on the last boss of Cliffside (dragging him into the alcove to avoid mobs). However, phase 2 of the boss with the PBAoE + the AOE ground is extremely difficult in FoTM 20+ – probably the most challenging & longest fractal now.

Ruien.9506

i hate hate hate giving away strategies but the second phrase is extremely easy if your group can do 2 things. Dodge and fear. The agony ae is 100% dodgeable and any fear from any source lands on him and interrupts. What people are saying is impossible, my group is doing daily. If that makes me an elitist in your eyes then so be it. This fight is a good fight along the lines of lupicus and it takes coordination, knowledge of your class and ALL of its abilities, and a modicum of skill recognizing what and when to dodge.

Now you might be saying well why should we have to bring fear? Start thinking outside the box. Rogues can fear, warriors can fear, necros can fear. No group in history that has a balance makeup doesnt have 1 of those classes. Go into the fight and coordinate. From phrase 2 to 3 we dodge the first 2 AoE’s and i fear the third which allows enough time to get endurance back up to dodge the fourth. If you havent pushed him into third phase by that time, you deserve to wipe.

Honestly, i am not here to ruffle peoples feathers. Since the hotfix this fight is even better since the adds spawn correctly now. This is a very doable fight.

(edited by Ruien.9506)

Posted by: Warcheese.9048

Warcheese.9048

Hi,
at level 12+ it is not possible to beat this boss! After he drops his hammer first the adds keep spawning infinite! Even if you damage the seal! There are like 15 Mobs spawning endlessly with some Veterans! I dont see how any group is able to defeat him now with these tons of mobs spawning and spawning and spawning!

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

“i hate hate hate giving away strategies” How very community minded of you.

“Now you might be saying well why should we have to bring fear? Start thinking outside the box. Rogues can fear, warriors can fear, necros can fear. No group in history that has a balance makeup doesnt have 1 of those classes. "
Ah yes, those halcyon days of “GLF monk to go” can now be revisited by “GLF Fear to go” Such an improvement. I have been in a number of well balanced, successful groups that didn’t have any of these classes. Requiring one condition to be present in order to finish an encounter is stupid and cannot possibly be what the developers intended.

“Honestly, i am not here to ruffle peoples feathers.” I am sure you are not, you are just too blinded by your own elitism to accept that this encounter is bugged and you’ve merely stumbled onto an effective but limited workaround.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Rogues can fear

No.

First, there are no rogues in this game.
Second, Fear is a stolen skill. Which is given through RNG on a 45s skill. Then if by some miracle you got that one, this Fear skill is a PBAoE on a 2s cast.

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Good lord.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/247426-cliffside-fractal-still-bugged/

It’s bugged. Okay? The official response is that it’s still bloody bugged.

Ruien, you can have a nice golf clap that you’re able to finish it in its bugged state.
Congratulations. I’ve done it a couple of times as well. There’s nothing impossible about it.

We found workarounds. We probably have guilds to run with. Throwing it in people’s faces on the forums: absurdly poor manners.

I’ve made many a post against the vast amount of complaining people do. When people are complaining about things that work as intended, but just aren’t to their liking, yes it is annoying. This is a bugged event, that clearly and officially is stated as bugged, and ANet has yet been able to tackle the issue (hilarious, but no need to beat that dead horse). Let the venters vent. It’s legitimate this time.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Meanwhile we have found a workaround while we try to resolve the problem with a patch. If the entire party wipes and restarts from the checkpoint, it could fix the problem.

Sorry, but having to kill yourself should never be a “work around” ever. If it bugged to where players must KILL themselves to solve a bug introduced in the latest patch then it should be taken out of the fractal list till fixed. It is why I hate that 2/3 Magg strat, killing yourself is no fun…..EVER.

As for respawning mobs, do they respawn after the seal is hit? If so that is definitely a bug sounding thing. I remember doing it legit 10+ – 15 and they only chained spawned if the seal still wasn’t in protection state. Once that was over our group could clean up adds. But might be wrong =/.

(edited by Dead.7385)

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Just to report, often every member is caged, making the entire fractal struck. We simply wasted our time, to disband at 3rd fractal because of unplayability.
And if a wipe occurs, if 1 player survive out of combat not aggroing, others have the time to go back, the fight is struck with all adds up and boss waiting to be hit and the fight completed. OR more funny, kite the boss to the balcony, no need to deal with adds (they wait on main room) except when hammer pops, then sometimes she just goes struck, pwn her until next phase and it’s done. Nice AI, deffo.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Posted by: Belligerent.4819

Belligerent.4819

anet in charge of proper programing

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

Still bugged. Just encountered. Mobs just keep respawning (not the chanter, the other kind of mob). The only way to fight him is pull him to the other room. But the other room is too narrow to dodge his aoe in phase 2. Took us almost 2 hours in this dungeon. This bug is so ridiculous as it has already lasted 3 days and still appear after so many hotfixs. Is it mean skip cliffside is our only way? Could Anet just remove cliffside from Fotm before you REALLY fix it?

And yes we tried to wipe once as it suggested, nothing happend, still we are surrounded with 20+ mobs when the hammer drop and after broke the seal.

Good lord.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/247426-cliffside-fractal-still-bugged/

It’s bugged. Okay? The official response is that it’s still bloody bugged.

Ruien, you can have a nice golf clap that you’re able to finish it in its bugged state.
Congratulations. I’ve done it a couple of times as well. There’s nothing impossible about it.

We found workarounds. We probably have guilds to run with. Throwing it in people’s faces on the forums: absurdly poor manners.

I’ve made many a post against the vast amount of complaining people do. When people are complaining about things that work as intended, but just aren’t to their liking, yes it is annoying. This is a bugged event, that clearly and officially is stated as bugged, and ANet has yet been able to tackle the issue (hilarious, but no need to beat that dead horse). Let the venters vent. It’s legitimate this time.

I dont think something like “we beat the bug” is worth proud of and fun. In fact it’s a shame of Anet to have so many bug in Fotm. After I beat it (with a PUG has no heavy armor), the only thing I felt is not “how great I am”. Instead, it’s like an anger “how stupid I am been played by Anet”.

(edited by PlaneWalker.8346)

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

ANET Please fix the Cliffside fractal asap .. it has been the cause of great agony and many parties break up on it. Below lvl 20, it is doable in its current broken state, but after lvl 20, even with 10 agony resist, it is nearly impossible.

1. Adds sometimes do not spawn after the boss drops the hammer for the first time.

2. After first hammer drop, adds start to spawn infinitely; there are many of them like 15+, mostly vets and hit hard and they do not despawn after hitting the seal. Add to that the heavy boss dmg, aoe / debuff dmg and agony, and this fractal becomes extremely difficult.

3. The seal appears to have no hp toward the end, but the event does not end.

4. Some classes can still aoe the seal.

5. Sometimes people get stuck in indestructible cages.

I know you can workaround some of this by leaving 1 mob from initial group and then kiting the boss to the room on the right and try to fight him there, etc but the infinite waves are too much … seriously this is so convoluted and broken.

The worst part is that you tried to fix an exploit and ended up ruining this fractal. I would have kept the blasted exploit in until you could have come up with a proper fix.

(edited by Treplos.5182)

Posted by: Jay Sees.2148

Jay Sees.2148

Lvl 16(if it matters) a cage bugged, we had the whole party in just one cage, save for one guy, who died anyway. The boss was at 75%, stunned, we couldn’t damage the cage with any of our skills.

As a guardian I tried 2nd GS skill, and Tome of Wrath’s 1st ability to no avail.

We had to quit.

Please remove the dungeon from rotation.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

This fractal is just not doable after 20…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

At 30+ the only way to cplee it atm is to wipe and pray you can aoe it the old way xD

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Want me to get another forum ban ? Just fix this asap ( No caps was Not Intended ) !

Listen to this so your so called testers learn their job : the mobs dont go away ( like vanish ) after you attack the seal , surely not Intended !

Lucas Ashrock.8675

What testers are you talking about? We customers are the testers, don’t you see how many bugs are out, when a patch is released? Someone tested it maybe? I always love to use as an example the old good bug we had for days ( and back too later ) where people joining a dungeon, was ending up splitted, attempting multiple times to go in praying finally to stay together. Heavily tested huh?

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Fun bugged run my group (a pug) just had here.

The final fight actually spawned mobs the first time we got the boss’s health down. Picked up hammer, killed a lil’ guy, and broke seal.

Then all hell broke loose. Everyone froze including me who should have been able to break out of stun. A whole pile of fanatics ran over and did steal health while boss hit his AoE’s. Everyone dies before stun is over.

So we try again. This time we kite the boss, knock the hammer loose, kill a minion, and actually make it through the apparently now unbreakable stun. Only minions kept spawning a whole lot faster than we could ever hope to have killed them. Eventually the boss wandered back from the corner where we left him, hit his AoE’s, and party wipe #2.

Party wipe #3 looked exactly like #2.

There was just no way any party is killing infinite spawning lifestealing mobs while dealing with a boss who can cover half the available floor with agony/poison/crippling/bleed attacks. I’m pretty sure we couldn’t have beaten it even with the old exploit as the infinite spawn started as soon as the hammer dropped.

Anyway, add me to the list of people who want this pulled until fixed.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

In my last two fights with this boss we kited him into the right side room and ran out only when he dropped the hammer. The other mobs didn’t follow us into the room either time. A party member became stuck inside an unbreakable cage, but as a memser I was able to port him out.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Actually, it is quite interesting this way.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

In my last two fights with this boss we kited him into the right side room and ran out only when he dropped the hammer. The other mobs didn’t follow us into the room either time. A party member became stuck inside an unbreakable cage, but as a memser I was able to port him out.

Funny time is when the mesmer is the one caged, ending up slowly strucking everyone like my last run and fractal struck.

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES !!!
CAGING THE WHOLE PARTY INTO AN UNBREAKABABLE CAGE, LOOOL, NICE ONE…

Attachments:

Posted by: Neutro.3079

Neutro.3079

This is my contribution to this legendary thread:

Posted by: Raknar.5306

Raknar.5306

Cliffside fail. We all got put in a cage that was unbreakable. We AOE’d, screamed, cursed…nothing. Happended 2 days in a row now. Love wasting my time. Needless to say I am done with FOTM until this is fixed.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Get Experimental Portal Gun (not sure if exact name).

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Doesn’t work. Tried yet.

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

have you guys noticed cliffside pops up more often after the patch also? lol :/

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

wasted over an hour at last boss on level 30 and failed. will NEVER do this fractal again over level 10. talk about a waste of time when it was out last fractal before maw and daily chest…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Loxias.2351

Loxias.2351

It’s a pity that Anet are completely destroying the fractals, and they don’t seem to care to do anything about it either. The exploitation bugs were fixed quickly, since it made it easier for us players, but they haven’t fixed the dc bug yet. I wonder why? Laziness?

Posted by: Kanthor.2094

Kanthor.2094

I find it eaiser to watch his buffs than watch his animations. As soon as he gains protection, dodge.