CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

The very first Champion in the Crucible of Eternity dungeon seems to be more of a threat than anything else in the dungeon.

• His Frost Leap attack doesn’t have an animation which makes it nearly impossible to see it coming.
  • Frost Leap hits twice instead of once which will likely incapacitate you unless you have Aegis up.

Is this intended or a bug? If it’s not a bug how do you deal with it?

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

You can just skip him lol

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Seems intended for now, since they hadn’t bothered to fix it.

Meanwhile, that one bug that let people do multiple paths in one run got fixed.

(As far as I know, that one didn’t do anything innately harmful, and didn’t ignore diminished return, just allowed you do run them all without having to go back in and out each time. Of course, that was too convenient.)

Also, the Portal/Blink trick that let you ignore the turrets for the golem also got fixed.

(Although to be fair, that one messed up the instance if you killed the boss without activating the turrets, so that one was better off gone. And the golem goes down fast with boon removal.)

The champion icebrood wolf can still just be skipped anyway, though most won’t do that anymore unless they’re pressed for time.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Noah.4756

You can just skip him lol

I used to skip it until they introduced Champion loot bags. Now every team I join wants to kill it. Personally I’m not sure if it’s worth the loot bag though.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

It probably isn’t, since you’ll still get some from the golem, Bjarl/Husk/Destroyer, and Subject Alpha. Still most teams I’ve been in will try killing it unless someone asks to skip it, or if we’re pressed for time (daily reset).

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

It is worth it when you burst him in 10secs, since he’s squishy as hell.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

First thing i tell party at wolf – DO NOT MELEE HIM, HE WILL ONESHOT YOU IN AOE

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

lure out the leap and frost leap, melee burst it down in <30s

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Oxxy.7068

I’d kick you from my group.

Stack on the left corner, let spire tank the first hit, lure it AFTER he uses his second leap (he’ll use the frost leap first and then do another non-frost leap) then burn him.
Now, if you have a mesmer with you, tell him to TW here (because you really don’t need TW for the first alpha). In case you have an ele, use FGS properly, thieves can drop defiant stacks in case your group needs extra time (interrupt the wolf as soon he stops auto attacking and starts to stare at your group)

Now you know how to melee that wolf. Also, you have 30 secs to kill it before he uses his leap again, as pointed by guan.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

If you don’t want to wait for spire, you can exhaust his 2 “stomps” yourself then luring him to the corner and dps down.

There is no animation or tell because probably someone was in a rush and screwed up putting in an animation for those moves. And after >1year they still haven’t put in something so simple. Do not count on arenanerf to fix anything, they only know how to nerf , they dont know how to fix.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh, boy… /facepalm

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Put cripple on it as you lure him to the corner, have him use the leap attack by staying within about 200-300 range of it, since it is crippled, he won’t be able to leap that far to you.
And burn it down before his leap’s 30 second cd is over.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

He uses the frost leap as one of his first skills. Have someone walk in with a block or evade ready.. Or just dodge it.. Then pull it out of the room to your party who then has I think roughly 32 seconds to kill it (WITH MELEE) before it uses the ice attack again. If your pug has crap dps and can’t kill it in that time.. then you may as well leave then and there, not worth wasting time on the rest of the run. If your pug is ranging it.. another good time to leave.

You can also allow spire to run into the room and tank the first hit but that kitten takes forever so screw her.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Wow… how many people can possibly make the same exact post?

[DnT]

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Everyone complains I’m not helpful enough, I’m just a nasty troll. THEN I TRY TO HELP BUT NOOOOO someone’s already helped. Well. kitten them I’m gonna say my kitten anyway. MY HELP IS BETTER.

O_O

[DnT]

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Oxxy.7068

Apparently not enough people. There’s at least one thread per week complaining about that wolf.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Noah.4756

Apparently not enough people. There’s at least one thread per week complaining about that wolf.

I googled “Champion Ice Wolf bug” before I made this thread and it did not come up with any specific threads about it. So either Google is lying or you are extremely exaggerating.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Everyone complains I’m not helpful enough, I’m just a nasty troll. THEN I TRY TO HELP BUT NOOOOO someone’s already helped. Well. kitten them I’m gonna say my kitten anyway. MY HELP IS BETTER.

I think we are just not used to it thats all :p

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Well dungeon forum is always the same threads:
1. I got kicked , aw
2. Elitists , omg ! Nerf berserker gear
3. Path sellers , bann them all !!!
4. Some random lupi kills …..

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Oxxy.7068

I googled “Champion Ice Wolf bug” before I made this thread and it did not come up with any specific threads about it. So either Google is lying or you are extremely exaggerating.

Well, it is not a bug to begin with… (or it is and anet doesn’t care about it, like every dungeon related content in this game).

edit: i’ve got nothing against these threads (i mean at least people are trying to improve instead of the usual “nurf zerk gear pls/ban path sellers they’re ruining economy/stop skipping and exploiting/LoSing is for bads”), but they do pop somewhat frequently.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Scumbag elitist with a heart of gold!

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I am such a nice person though T_T

So nice that people are disappointed when the “foul mouth” girl isn’t on the stream.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I am such a nice person though T_T

So nice that people are disappointed when the “foul mouth” girl isn’t on the stream.

Desensitizing people one stream at a time. I do the public a kitten service…

Even if they come out shaking by the end of it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

deSade.9437

Meh, you must be surrounded by weaklings and ultra-sensitive, whiny kittens.
… Now that I think about it, just look at all those people that get their little feelings hurt on a forum…
Yeah.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Noah.4756

The damage in the screenshot below happened within a time-frame of one second. I had Aegis and Shield of Wrath active plus I used all my energy on dodges the moment I saw the ice appearing on the ground. Pretty crazy damage for a Champion and a normal mob.

Attachments:

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

l2bait his attack with invuln and fgs his kitten

Nova [rT]

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

what makes people get the urge to necro threads in the first place? ._.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

deSade.9437

I really miss swifty Q.Q

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

At least he necro’d his own post and kitten , with that amount of dmg taken you must be sitting pretty with that high toughness gear :P

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

I didn’t look at the date and wondered “oh no, yet another Mike clone”?

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I really miss swifty Q.Q

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

heres a tip, let the NPC aggro him first, the wolf will do his attack on the npc then just kill him before the cd is up. I’ve not been this by it’s frost attack in months.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

kitten those necromancers, man. Why can’t they let the dead rest?

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Because the risen dead give you an inexhaustible labor force you don’t have to pay? Hell you don’t even need to feed them. And a carpenter for keep and repair is much cheaper than a doctor?
The advantages are compelling you have to admit.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Noah.4756

Topic is still very active so why shouldn’t it be allowed to bump it up? I could make a new thread about it but this thread already has far more interesting replies than yours.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

oh noes! there is something dangerous in this game! run everyone!! RUUUUUUN!!!!
(or make a thread where u complain about it)

if we have a pro warrior in our grp, he usually blocks the aoe (which he uses at first in 90% of the fights) and then we burst it down within ~ 30 (he uses it again after that)

srsly, this dungeons are so easy, why can u even complain? just l2p.
or u want Anet to remove this atacks completely so he only has his basic atack? sounds like fun…

edit: i just realize the OP is 6months old…

Blùb [LuPi]

(edited by Ram Banson.4081)

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Noah.4756

oh noes! there is something dangerous in this game! run everyone!! RUUUUUUN!!!!
(or make a thread where u complain about it)

if we have a pro warrior in our grp, he usually blocks the aoe (which he uses at first in 90% of the fights) and then we burst it down within ~ 30 (he uses it again after that)

srsly, this dungeons are so easy, why can u even complain? just l2p.
or u want Anet to remove this atacks completely so he only has his basic atack? sounds like fun…

edit: i just realize the OP is 6months old…

Did I ever say to remove the attack completely? Please don’t make statements as if I made them.

Of course if you’re in the perfect group with the perfect party there would be no problem. I can very much understand that elitists like you find this kind of content compelling and don’t see anything wrong with it.

So let’s try to keep to the facts instead of name calling (let’s just say telling me to l2p is a pretty dumb thing to say). He’s doing double leap attacks (as shown in my screenshot a few posts back). Apparently you’re telling me that the double damage he’s doing is normal behavior. I’m telling you it’s not. Whether it is WISHFUL behavior is a discussion on a whole different level. I am not saying to nerf it completely into the ground. I’m simply saying it’s not normal behavior.

Also please learn to type and use proper grammar, it would make it much more friendly to read.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Why the hell isn’t his leap normal behaviour? The second time you encounter this beast, you know what to expect 100%. Just walk to him, dodge, go into the corner and kill him before his skills are off cooldown …

The leap has no real tell, but knowing that this is the first thing he’ll do every single time is enough.

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Let it attack NPC first. It opens with that one shot attack nearly every time, let the NPC take the first hit then lure it to your group. If you can’t DPS it down fast enough I don’t see the harm in ranging him although some groups will throw a fit if you break the stack (though in most situations I can understand that, against Icebrood Wolf you’re just asking to be OHKO’d if it takes too long.)

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You’d think that half a year would be enough time to learn how to anticipate the attack.

Apparently not, it seems.

Oh well, back to lurking.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

CoE - Champion Ice Wolf

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Topic is still very active so why shouldn’t it be allowed to bump it up? I could make a new thread about it but this thread already has far more interesting replies than yours.

You realise I said that jokingly, right?

I’ve necro’d a few threads myself.