CoE Exp Path 1 - Too Hard!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

Our group tried for 2 hours.. the “Disable the alarm” part is too hard, it took about 5 tried to get up to 2/5 then finally we got to 4/5 but after another hour of that we gave up…

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

You know you can lure the big golems out of the room and kill them seperately? They don’t respawn.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The silver ringed golems only spawn once per hack. There’s 3 of them per hack IIRC.

So hack once, kill them, hack again, kill them, hack once more kill them.

at 3/5 you get 2 people to hack with the other 3 guarding them. If done right both players finish hacking at about the same time, meaning you skip the last layers of security.

also, you can use utilities while hacking. Ele mist form or arcane shield can give them ~8 seconds of immortality hacking. More than enough to cover any mistakes the kill team makes.

Posted by: Seveer.6421

Seveer.6421

We tried luring them out the room but all the bomb ones follow ^^, but Zenyatoo thanks, I didn’t know there was a limited amount of silver ringed ones, we must have just let them build up >.<’ We had 2 warriors, engineer, thief, and a mesmer, so not much AOE, but we tried it again afterwards and finally did it. However, the next part is still hard aswell. D= We had to kill I think about 7 silver ringed monsters at once. Any tips?

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

Get moar AoE. This fight is a pretty fun one. Target the Assault bot first because he will use his laser and kill people.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

However, the next part is still hard aswell. D= We had to kill I think about 7 silver ringed monsters at once. Any tips?

You can lure out the silver mobs in the next part so you only fight 2-3 at a time. Or choose to let the Inquest die to skip that part.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

Warriors should have no problem defending with melee AoE. As a warrior with a hammer, I can almost solo defend the console. Thief short bow is also quite nice. Engineer grenade spam or even bomb spam works pretty well, too.

For the next part (with the trapped inquest), you can choose to let the inquest die by overloading the shield, which will also kill all the silver mobs. On the other hand, you can choose to save him, which keeps the shield available to overload when alpha appears. You can then trigger the shield overload to knock out a good 50% or so of his health, which makes the fight absolutely trivial. If you want to do that, I’d recommend kiting the mobs back into the previous room. Meleeing multiple at once is quite a pain because many of those mobs feature knock backs and knock downs.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

As elementalist, I did most of the alarm disarms because eles got some nice long duration block abilities – so use them! That said, you should only disarm after beating the big golems. Then, most of the group should rush tothe console – the squishy classes can disarm while the melee classes can blow up any small golems that come close. After completion of one disarm, fall back and repeat.

Hope that helps.

Been there, done that. What’s next?