CoE Golems - Heat Vision?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Am I missing something here? In the Path 1 event where you have to disable the alarms via the console, my immediate thought as a Thief was “perfect”. As I run up to the console, the rest of my party have pretty much managed to pull the entire room in their direction, so I have free reign towards the console. For extra measure, I pop all of my stealth CDs and a refuge directly on top of the console. Keep in mind that my aggro is completely broken away before I’ve even entered stealth.

Then, the next swarm directly approach the console (I am still stealthed and my teammates are on the opposite side of the room and still supposedly have all the aggro), sit right on top of me and stare at me as the bombs count down to explode in my face. There is no physical way I could have been found unless a sci-fi-esque explanation is given. Is this an ability of the golems eg. heat vision? I would like it to be specified on the mobs at least. Otherwise, I’m wasting my time trying to be sneaky.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

They don’t have heat vision per se, but they will lock down when they detect proximity to a player/NPC, most of the time. Chances are they were going after someone else but passed by you on their way over.

I usually tackle this with a party split. One console, four ’platform’s where golems spawn. We have one person with accessible/non-interrupting block skills (Elementalist is great for this with Arcane Shield and Mistform) bypass the console, while the remaining four each pick a platform and just aggro/kite any golems that spawn there. After a bypass we meet up in the middle, kill the new elites, and repeat.

Edit: Oh, also worth noting – the golems will zerg the console platform as soon as they spawn in absence of anything else aggroing them. You can notice this if you just trigger the event and run out; they’ll just be blowing up a fiery holocaust all over the console despite nobody being there.

(edited by Furienify.5738)

Posted by: flipside.3502

flipside.3502

How long were u in stealth when the next group of mobs showed up?

You can get a max of 10 seconds of stealth inside shadow refuge as long as you don’t move (usually it cuts it down to 2 seconds if I start moving), but for some reason, once you get to about 6 seconds of stealth left, monsters can “see” you, even if you’re still stealthed.

I’m thinking it has to do with thieves supposedly only being able to get a max of 4 seconds of stealth, 3 if not traited for it. So even if you are stealthed for 10 seconds in shadow refuge, after the 3-4 seconds of stealth, mobs automatically know you’re there.

If it’s a bug, hopefully it gets fixed. Either fix shadow refuge to provide only the actual amount of stealth, or keep the max of 10 seconds in shadow refuge as long as we don’t move. Personally, I wouldn’t mind not moving for 10 seconds of stealth…saved my butt a few times =P

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I can see where you’re coming from flipside, but in at least everywhere else, I find this isn’t the case. If I hit all stealths, I can maintain constant stealth for close to 30 seconds without getting aggro from any nearby mobs (I use this to mine ore veins in peace and then teleport away without getting in to combat). It works flawlessly even up to the last split-second with super-long stealths, and this is the only exception. That’s why I was wondering if it had a special mechanic unlike other areas.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

So, I sat down and wrote about 3-4 paragraphs as to why the golems are behaving the way they are. It has less to do with some heat vision sci-fi tech, and more about the mental state of the poor golems simply looking for hugs and friends.

In the end I decided not to post it. It was much too depressing. Suffice to say though, it’s your fault they explode because you are avoiding their hugs and adoration. You monster.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Right now it’s October 11, 9:06 pm Eastern time in the US. The two posts above me are time stamped October 12, 2012 00:30 and October 11, 2012 22:04.

Sooooo. Either they are posting from the future or the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Shaeyl.7064

Shaeyl.7064

Lol. I <3 you Robert Hrouda.

Auesis, in my experience the golems, by default, seem to head towards the console if no one else has garnered their threat—er…their hugs and adoration. So someone has to grab their attention in order to redirect them from the console.

“First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!”

Posted by: RamenGuy.8201

RamenGuy.8201

A half baked answer.

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Half baked?

Rather appropriate description for her, at least for a couple hours.