CoE...The lost dungeon?

CoE...The lost dungeon?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Phirmware.4159

Phirmware.4159

Now, I don’t mind COE one way or another, I know others would say they have some issues with the place, especially since the bug popped up (yeah I know, you’re working on a fix) it’s too long, and can be a pain in a PUG. But from a purely vain standpoint, I want some of the gear from the tokens there.

Problem is, NO ONE wants to run it. It takes forever and a day to clear if it’s contested, and on Tarnished Coast, it’s always contested. Trying to find anyone who’s done a Story Mode in there so the rest of us can follow behind for Exp mode is also frustrating.

I’m sure you guys keep stats on the dungeons, and how often they are being run, because I rarely see anyone wanting to run COE. I was just wondering of there are any plans to make this place a little more desirable to run, or less of a pain in the %$#@# if you want to look at it that way.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Kalas.6743

Kalas.6743

I’m usually tring to run it every night that I’m on. The problem is that after one run most of the group isn’t interested in doing a different path. Subject alpha is such a pain in the kitten with his chain spamming of aoes and crystals. I believe that it would be a much smoother run if the crystal that encases you and the tentacles had less health.

After you are encased in crystal your group only has a couple of seconds to break you out before alpha focuses on you. Then it’s an even worse idea to try to heal someone out of the downed state, which is why there are the undead tentacles everywhere. But unless the tentacles are already damaged you have no hope of killing one yourself while in the downed state.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

CoE is one of the dungeons my group will do quite often. It’s one of the easier and faster dungeons once you learn the alpha fights. Opening the dungeon itself can be a nuisance though if you don’t have 5+ people.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

It was pretty popular before Fractals came out, but since the new dungeon I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen people LFG’ing for CoE. It’s kinda sad.=P

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

If you’re in the US and can play in the mornings/afternoons, add me. I usually run CoE daily with a friend or two (one of which really doesn’t like fractals). It’s really a pretty easy dungeon as long as you understand how to dodge lol.

Our resident mesmer sucks at using the blink/portal trick, though, so we have been avoiding path 1 since the glitch.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

add me as well! : ))) though note, i am terrible at the laser jumping, even though i love jumping puzzles, lol. so if you guys have no problem with that, i am down for everything and actually ENJOY the alpha fights. i don’t mind even if you don’t want to stack. although, of course makes things a LOT easier. lot of PUGs i’ve been with just won’t stack though, since it’s rather.. counterintuitive to stand right front of a scary looking boss, specially when they’re used to being ranged.

the same goes for everyone here! if you’re interested in doing CoE. add me!!!! especialy if anyone wants to do story. i want to be able to go in reliably (when it’s uncontested) and not having to find someone with access. : )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Wasn’t path 1 bugged? Probably doesn’t help misconceptions.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Problem is, NO ONE wants to run it.

Which means there are ramifications for the price of Charged Lodestones (Last check approx 2g50s each).

Even this price is not enticing.

The only way I found to get a group for this was on gw2lfg.com, and then we had to use another server’s instance because mine was contested. A big hello Hallo to all my new friends on Riverside [DE]!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

they shouldn’t make dungeon easier. it wont attract more people since difficulty didn’t keep them off. what they need to do is stop making all dungeons obsolete by adding 1 new dungeon. not just dungeons… their whole pve thing is empty.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Hit me up, I’m always up for some COE

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: anniehathaway.8946

anniehathaway.8946

COE all paths really easy actually. Subject alpha=a test of your own dodge roll, allies killing crystals. Other tips about his red circles i shall keep a secret

And you also can 2-man the final boss to open the dungeon pre-events, its all about knowledge.

Hence Knowledge Crystals.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

COE all paths really easy actually. Subject alpha=a test of your own dodge roll, allies killing crystals. Other tips about his red circles i shall keep a secret

Agreed – while the first time can be pretty brutal, after you learn Alpha it’s a breeze. CoE is one of my most-run dungeons.

SE is the real “lost dungeon” in my experience.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I would really like the armor from here.
You folks that run it, do you find LA is still the best place to look for groups?

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

IMO COE has the best looking heavy dungeon armor.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

I run CoE daily, it sometimes takes a while to get a pug going, but theres not been a day that I don’t end up with a full group.

I enjoy the dungeon, as it’s one of the few that actually require some sort of teamwork and has a somewhat challenging boss. The lodestones that can drop are nice ofc, but in all honesty, i give most of those to my bf for his legendary, I just run the dungeon for fun. Ofc, the armor it gives doesnt look half bad either so the tokens are used towards gearing my alts ^^

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

A lot of problems would be solved if you found a dungeon guild or built a good list of dungeon runner buddies. PUGs are not very reliable except for FoTM at the moment.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

for COE go melee on alpha… crystals go down in 1/2 sec and u can res each other in 1/2 sec also

also when alpha uses cone attack it will use it on the guy that has agro so dont stay all in the same spot, surround him.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

It’s fast, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Alpha fights are all great, keeps you on your toes the whole time.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Drakar.2064

Drakar.2064

I’ve looked on 3 different servers and can never find a group for this. I’m looking for a server/guild with people on around in the afternoon , +1 GMT (Germany). I’m really needing to run CoE alot to wrap up my legendary. Please add me to friends and shoot me a message/mail if you want me with ya. I’ll be a productive WvW member and contribute to crafting/gear for the guild as compensation.

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Come to Ehmry Bay, if you ask for a CoE group when path 1 isn’t bugged, you can guaranteed to have a group within 10 minutes.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

IMO COE has the best looking heavy dungeon armor.

Best female light armor too. Makes it hard not to deck out my mesmer in CoE gear just like my ele.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

I’d like to give advice on CoE runners that aren’t really adept at it.

See, alpha is the only real threat in the whole dungeon(all paths). The reason path 1 is so adored is because in path 2 and 3, Alpha does a HUGE aoe attack that can 1-shot you, and that attack isn’t used in path 1.

The trick is, that aoe spawns under you every single time.So, all 5 of you stack on 1 place, and by stack, I mean you literally stand on top of each other like you wanna hump yourselves.That way there is only a slight chance that you will be hit by that aoe – it’s damage has 2 factors.The 1st is the red circles.If you stand inside the circle – ok. If you’re standing on the edges – bad.And, if you are inside, you’ll notice a white patch of ice on the ground.
That is part 2 of that aoe – it has about 1 in 4 chance to hit you with that ice as well, so save your heals and condition removal for that(that ice hit also puts 6 stacks of bleed). If even 1 person isn’t stacked properly, he alone can wipe your group, so care!

Path 3 – skip the fire scorpion before the evolved destroyer.That scorpion is stronger than freaking Zhaitan…now for the evolved beast : easymode is to have 2 competent rangers or eles to range the boss down, or if no such long range class is there, get a person to stand on the platform of the evolved destroyer.Care!! coz that is very tricky to do.You must be exactly away from the shield so it won’t boost you into the lava(most likely resulting in death) and not too far behind to get killed by the lava.What I do : I backpeddle, and when I see for a second that I have the lava debuff(easy to spot), I stop immediately and move an inch forward, or 2 if needed.Also care for the falling meteors – once the damage phase is on, he will cast 2 or 3 times meteors ontop of you, so save your dodges for that time.He casts fire shield on him so expect burn effect on you most of the time too, but that will be the only thing to hurt you if you don’t get hit by meteors or get a lava bath.

This post was brought to you by a nice thief fellow, to whom I own …nothing…and who was the reason I killed the destroyer all by myself while he went afk coz “it is too hard down there!”……wooohoooo………

(edited by Ivanov.8914)

CoE...The lost dungeon?

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

Ummm, if you’re doing the 5 man stack, all you have to do is watch the air. If the air turns misty around you, dodge roll evade it. Otherwise, the center is safe.

Stand inside him when he fires a cone of spikes, and it won’t hit you.

Bring some condition damage removal and healing to ignore the burning.

That’s really all Alpha is.