CoE ending needs a fix ;/ - 1 token reward

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eve.1029

Eve.1029

- 1 Token from dungeon due to force kick ending-

Did CoE path 2 w/ a pug group today. After over an hour, we finally kill the last boss and finish the instance. Me and another group mate hopped around and walked up to this platform. As the reward window started to pop up on my screen, we were all suddenly booted out of the dungeon. I was teleported to the outside of the dungeon, mid air, and plunged into the waters below. My reward screen is gone, I check my inventory, and only 1 Knowledge crystal in my inventory. My other group mates were teleported elsewhere and some of them also received no rewards. One group mate said the platform might have been some teleporter? This is soo confusing, u’d expect a teleport in the dungeon to tele to another part of the dungeon, not boot u outside and deny me all of my token rewards. Not sure what happened. but I just wasted over an hr of my life and 20 silvers in repairs.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

The reward screen shouldn’t have disappeared entirely, but the entire story of that path is that there is an experimental teleporter that you are choosing to escape the dungeon with. By standing on the platform, it behaves as though you are walking through a zone portal.
You also are only booted if you are standing directly on the teleporter part of the structure – did you experience your entire group being teleported out of the dungeon all at the same time, regardless of where you all were standing?

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Yeah, the platform itself is the teleporter. It immediately boots you when it activates, and the reward popup will generate outside the instance… rewarding you with a single token.

If you stay and wait inside it ostensibly gives you the full reward, but still, stupid oversight.

Posted by: Ral.5326

Ral.5326

Same thing happened to two people in our group, here is a screenshot
http://imgur.com/2c0QS

Posted by: Tear.9471

Tear.9471

Yeah, I’m the other guy from Rals group.
Is there any chance of getting the 59 tokens back?

Posted by: Godchi.9072

Godchi.9072

I’ve reported this….doesn’t matter if I’m on the platform or anywhere in the room; I still end up getting 1 token.

Ran this with different paths on different days and still received 1 token.

Emailed support, basically told me to suck it up.

Attachments:

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

yeah, so, I just ran into QA and had them verify this. It is indeed facepalm worthy. We’ll have tech on this right away. It had previously worked the same way that story rewards worked – in that you could leave the story instance and collect your full reward afterwards.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry it happened

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

’s all good, thanks for looking into it.

For what it’s worth, A+ dungeon in general.

Posted by: Lmnotz.2057

Lmnotz.2057

I also did a dungeon path for the first time yesterday…and only got 2 tokens for a full run..but this was in CoF…from what I’ve been reading…its game wide and not limited to one specific instance

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

Hey Robert, way to miss the bigger issue. He got only one badge for running the friggin instance in far over an hour’s time, fix the kitten loot before anything else man.

vicwolf.7862

I’ve reported this….doesn’t matter if I’m on the platform or anywhere in the room; I still end up getting 1 token.

Ran this with different paths on different days and still received 1 token.

Emailed support, basically told me to suck it up.

I think we have to assume at this point that getting 1 token for a 2 hour instance run is intended. The devs have adamantly refused to acknowledge that this is a bug.

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

I think we have to assume at this point that getting 1 token for a 2 hour instance run is intended. The devs have adamantly refused to acknowledge that this is a bug.

I admitted it was a bug a few posts up.

The bug is that the reward was messed up when you left the dungeon, not that you left the dungeon by standing on the teleporter when it activated.

Posted by: Lmnotz.2057

Lmnotz.2057

so we should expect this to be fixed on mon? at least with my 2 token reward we finished and i left the instance via the “popped up door” above my mini map…and the full reward screen popped up..got my ~160k xp…but only 2 tokens

vicwolf.7862

I admitted it was a bug a few posts up.

The bug is that the reward was messed up when you left the dungeon, not that you left the dungeon by standing on the teleporter when it activated.

So suck it up until Monday when we can see if it’s working properly this time? Side question, why isn’t there a public test server so that things like this never have to happen in the first place?

It’s just so painfully obvious that the existence of these bugs is due to you not having enough QA to find it all before pushing out a patch.

Posted by: Godchi.9072

Godchi.9072

Thank you Robert Hrouda,

I wish your gw2 support email was as responsive and efficient as you!

I should have reported it here instead of emailing/submitting a bug report 2 days ago….as it had no effect; automated messages and obvious copy/pasted messages with useless information.

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Do not leave the dungeon without collecting your reward first. CoE is a bit odd apart from other dungeons in that it actually throws you out, and I’ll be looking into that as well. Maybe add a conversation about interacting with the teleporter in order to get out instead of just shooting you out when you’re on the platform, however the core issue is simply that the reward got hosed by leaving the dungeon.

As for the PTS, I am not going to comment on that at the moment until we have actionable information to give.

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I wish your gw2 support email was as responsive and efficient as you!

I’m sitting at my computer working on things between posts (and sometimes spending too much time posting!), but it’s not my job. I’m actually building content and fixing issues right now.

Our support team is forced to appraise each ticket and find solutions. I pick and choose threads and occasionally post in them, so naturally I can communicate a lot quicker than them on issues I am knowledgeable of within this sub-forum.

Posted by: Eve.1029

Eve.1029

ah ok, good to know it’s getting fixed. I’m not sure but i think it’s just us on the platform that got ported, not 100%. But yeah it was pretty surpising. One of our group members was looking for the teleporter but was not sure where it was. We were standing there on the plat watching him look for it… then plop! out we go.

and yes, my reward screen disappeared. the animation for it appearing was occuring right before I got ported. and was gone after i was out. Not sure if it auto collected for me. But the screen was no longer there.

(edited by Eve.1029)