CoF 1st path

CoF 1st path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

<pkitten#8230;>

This boss at the end is just insane but not impossible.
The stupid part is, that it goes easier if 5 people just dps him and 1-2 use poison, everyone ignore crystals. Stability is also important for everyone, so good to have guardian in party.

Most challenging path so far for me.

Attachments:

CoF 1st path

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

that’s the easiest path now with all the problems added to path 2.

CoF 1st path

Massacrul.2016

that’s the easiest path now with all the problems added to path 2.

Hahaha, 2nd is still easiest for me. Kite room is much easier that 1st path boss >.>

CoF 1st path

Lorana.2468

i find him easy, just kill the first fiery effigy that spawns, and ignore the second, each time i’ve done this path the boss dies around about 10 seconds after the second one spawns.

CoF 1st path

Massacrul.2016

Im not sure if i know what are you talking about.

With this effigy i had always problem when his hp got to 30% – then he starts heal even more than at the beginning. Part 30% → 0 took us more then 100% → 30%

CoF 1st path

Posted by: DarkConquest.5189

DarkConquest.5189

Any pro tips on killing that Boss at the end of Path 1? We’re there now, and his crystals are healing him too quickly. And we can;t kill them fast enough.

CoF 1st path

Lorana.2468

Im not sure if i know what are you talking about.

With this effigy i had always problem when his hp got to 30% – then he starts heal even more than at the beginning. Part 30% -> 0 took us more then 100% -> 30%

oh sorry i read it as first boss of path 1, the slavedriver guy.

for tips of defeating the end boss of path one, it’s just to go full on nuke and ignore the crystals, poison will help immensly and so will Stability, if you have a guardian consider using Hallowed Ground around the boss and have everyone stay in it, it will make you immune to any knockbacks for a good 10+ seconds.

in general Stability helps alot, i’ve never beaten this boss whilst having someone focus on crystals, it’s just easier to burst him down.

CoF 1st path

Massacrul.2016

Exactly Lorana, that’s what i tried to say in my 1st post :P
We tried like 3 times. 2 times with 1-2 guys focusing on crystals, 3 tried to dps him and we were using poison… both times were a failure.
We managed to kill him at the 3rd try when all of us focused boss completely ignoring crystals. We kept all more important skills to the moment boss had like 30% hp (cause after his hp dropped to like 70% he stops healing, and starts healing again at 25-30%hp mark)… Mesmer was using time warp, i had put my War Banner, and guardian was giving us stability + necro and ranger were poisoning him. It still took some time but we finally managed to kill him this way… Screenshot shows moment just after killing last boss.

(edited by Massacrul.2016)

CoF 1st path

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

We did this path last night – it’s not that bad really. We went with 2 dps (myself [thief] and a mesmer) on the boss, and 3 people on crystals. I did keep poisons up the entire time to minimize his healing, but there are thresholds that you can get to as well so it’s almost staged. Once you get to certain percentages, it’s almost a checkpoint.

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

CoF 1st path

Posted by: Jaha.2840

Jaha.2840

Can anyone confirm if the necromancer ability Well of Corruption works to counter his regen buff and turn it into conditions?

CoF 1st path

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

Can anyone confirm if the necromancer ability Well of Corruption works to counter his regen buff and turn it into conditions?

I can confirm that bountiful theft didn’t rip the regen buff from the boss and give it to us. Not sure about Well of Corruption though

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

CoF 1st path

Lorana.2468

it’s a special pve boon that you cant remove, not an actual regen boon, so it wont work, otherwise that would just be too easy.

removing his might buff does work though he quickly gains it back.

CoF 1st path

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

No it does not work that way. That would totally trivialize it.