CoF Exploit

CoF Exploit

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hyoro.2615

Hyoro.2615

Hello Anet,

I’m almost 100% sure there is allready a post about this subject, but I don’t have the time to check. Either way I would like to report an exploit people are using in CoF. I asked my party about it and it seems people are using the torchlight @ Magg’s path, before the last boss. By using this torchlight people skip the event and go straight to the last boss.

I left the party when they explained to me what they were doing.

Do you got any date when you are going to fix this.
Since the worst thing atm is that I can’t even join a party for CoF when I tell them I don’t want to do the exploit. People will only take you in, if you DO the exploit.

It’s sadding.

Greetings,

Thorius

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

Hello Anet,

I’m almost 100% sure there is allready a post about this subject, but I don’t have the time to check. Either way I would like to report an exploit people are using in CoF. I asked my party about it and it seems people are using the torchlight @ Magg’s path, before the last boss. By using this torchlight people skip the event and go straight to the last boss.

I left the party when they explained to me what they were doing.

Do you got any date when you are going to fix this.
Since the worst thing atm is that I can’t even join a party for CoF when I tell them I don’t want to do the exploit. People will only take you in, if you DO the exploit.

It’s sadding.

Greetings,

Thorius

I believe they’re deploying changes to dungeons in tonight’s update. Whether or not that change will be in the new build is unknown. Since all it would take to fix this is the removal of a single mesh (or even just removing its collision), I can’t imagine it will be around for much longer.

It’s worth noting that the majority of players don’t resort to this kind of behavior unless they feel that it’s the only feasible way to complete their objective. A person doesn’t come to the conclusion that “cheating” is the optimal method without evidence to support it. That is to say, tens of thousands of players didn’t just spontaneously decide to exploit this dungeon – they simply got tired of wasting time, effort, and cash banging their heads against an encounter that was pretty lame from the beginning, and got a lot worse once it was determined that the ideal way to make the dungeon harder was to take the least enjoyable event and make it last twice as long.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

CoF Exploit

Posted by: SliTaz.9568

SliTaz.9568

I joined a party to CoF as well, first time in explore mode, i made the group aware of this and were told to follow instructions, we ended up with jumping on the torchlight, i asked if this was normal or cheat/bug, they responded with that this was normal and it was not exploit, afterwards i realized what it was, and deleted some of tokens, and hope i wont get banned :-(

CoF Exploit

Hyoro.2615

Thanks for the feedback

I do agree with your statements, the encounter is not enjoyable to play trough “naturally” Tho it doesn’t seem natural if you have to kite/die your way for about 6 minutes.

With that being said, I still don’t believe exploting any game for that matter is a solution to any problem.

I play games to exceed my limits, and test my faith. Not too buy items with ‘blood’ money.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

It doesn’t matter if it’s enjoyable or downright impossible the TOS say’s specifically that you are NOT to exploit ANY game bug for personal gain.

When you first signed into the game you agreed to this.

-Ironcurtain

CoF Exploit

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

It doesn’t matter if it’s enjoyable or downright impossible the TOS say’s specifically that you are NOT to exploit ANY game bug for personal gain.

And if they thought it was really a big deal they would’ve hot fixed it immediately and banned people right away……..get off your high horse.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

And if they thought it was really a big deal they would’ve hot fixed it immediately and banned people right away……..get off your high horse.

1.4million karma items were sold before they temp banned people for that…

CoF Exploit

seventhson.6932

1.4million karma items were sold before they temp banned people for that…

I understand that, although this was a vastly different situation they dealt with it quite swiftly, soooo……..

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

People will always find loopholes and convenient methods for reaching their goals. Nothing will ever change that. No matter what ArenaNet does, people will exploit and speed run and all sorts of other things. If they chose to ban or punish everyone who did, they would lose a great deal of their playerbase and they know that. The only thing that will happen for sure is that the well known exploits will be patched. Hopefully they also fix the Magg path while they’re at it because it’s god awful.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

People will always find loopholes and convenient methods for reaching their goals. Nothing will ever change that. No matter what ArenaNet does, people will exploit and speed run and all sorts of other things. If they chose to ban or punish everyone who did, they would lose a great deal of their playerbase and they know that. The only thing that will happen for sure is that the well known exploits will be patched. Hopefully they also fix the Magg path while they’re at it because it’s god awful.

Most games have found you loose more players by allowing the exploiters to stay then you loose by getting rid of them.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We are aware of this problem, and we’re actively fixing it.

We do see these things as issues that harm the economy and are exploits to the game. These things are a big deal, and making hotfixes isn’t always a solution due to limitations.

Thank you for posting about it. Much appreciated.

CoF Exploit

Zale.9645

Please fix the magmacyte and bomb planting parts of route 2, Robert. We can’t kill that many silver mobs that fast and Magg has no regard for his own life.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Please fix the magmacyte and bomb planting parts of route 2, Robert. We can’t kill that many silver mobs that fast and Magg has no regard for his own life.

Tonight’s patch will see some better behavior from him, and some changes to make that event a bit more manageable. Magg dying in the lava, for instance, will get fixed.

CoF Exploit

Zale.9645

Thanks for that. I took a hiatus from that dungeon because of my tiny asuran friend’s less friendly habits and I’d really like to return and get my weapons.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Melfice.2647

Melfice.2647

We are aware of this problem, and we’re actively fixing it.

We do see these things as issues that harm the economy and are exploits to the game. These things are a big deal, and making hotfixes isn’t always a solution due to limitations.

Thank you for posting about it. Much appreciated.

Will you punish the guys who get 5 more tokens in each run by that exploit?
If not, its unfair to the people who follow your rule.
And of course, much more people will join the exploits if they found it.
Due to there is no punish and really gain more until you fix it.

(edited by Melfice.2647)

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Kokop.6715

Kokop.6715

Fixing the exploit is good. BUT can you guys make Citadel of Flame a bit easier? Especially the part Magg installing the bomb at the gate and the players have to protect him (the jumping exploit part). It is neigh impossible to do that part. The monsters is just too strong and powerful to deal with.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: FKNrocked.7421

FKNrocked.7421

All you people on here posting about it, yet you know good and well that you have taken advantage of this yourselves. Someone mentioned something about ‘I deleted tokens’, LOL no one in their just shy of a moron would believe that… I personally agree with Nethelli in the sense that people maybe would be more prompt on reporting such events if they didn’t need to spend COUNTLESS hours performing the SAME task OVER AND OVER and getting burned out on it just to get a SINGLE FRIGGIN’ item… I don’t believe you should be able to get a full gear set in a day… ALTHOUGH, I do however believe the incentive should be a little more rewarding than the tokens you are rightfully rewarded before the exploit was stumbled upon, and after this build comes out. I have a wife and three kids, and I’m in the military… I do not have the time to put into these countless hours in the dungeons to obtain the character build I would like to obtain for end game PVP. If at all possible could we look into re-structuring the reward of tokens at the end of the dungeons Robert Hrouda? This I think would be a very acceptable medium for both ‘sides’ of your player base. Thank you for the consideration and lets get this fixed so I can spend the next 4 days working on my Breastplate! lol…

CoF Exploit

seventhson.6932

All you people on here posting about it, yet you know good and well that you have taken advantage of this yourselves. Someone mentioned something about ‘I deleted tokens’, LOL no one in their just shy of a moron would believe that… I personally agree with Nethelli in the sense that people maybe would be more prompt on reporting such events if they didn’t need to spend COUNTLESS hours performing the SAME task OVER AND OVER and getting burned out on it just to get a SINGLE FRIGGIN’ item… I don’t believe you should be able to get a full gear set in a day… ALTHOUGH, I do however believe the incentive should be a little more rewarding than the tokens you are rightfully rewarded before the exploit was stumbled upon, and after this build comes out. I have a wife and three kids, and I’m in the military… I do not have the time to put into these countless hours in the dungeons to obtain the character build I would like to obtain for end game PVP. If at all possible could we look into re-structuring the reward of tokens at the end of the dungeons Robert Hrouda? This I think would be a very acceptable medium for both ‘sides’ of your player base. Thank you for the consideration and lets get this fixed so I can spend the next 4 days working on my Breastplate! lol…

No doubt, even just spending time in the zone and seeing the sheer amount of players running this dungeon and asking for and looking for speed runs……Everybody and their brother exploited this run. People that come here and say I deleted my tokens or gear please dont ban me, do you really think they have the time or resources to go through every account and say hey look this guy deleted his ill gotten tokens lets not ban him……rofl lets be realistic here.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

Well, I dont want to start an arguement but theres almost no grinding/long farmings in this game compared to other mmo, specially korean ones. If you dont like the tedious or slow parts of a mmo maybe you should think about other genres of games.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Horatiu.5391

Horatiu.5391

i wonder if there will be any actions taken against those who exploited CoF. For me was very frustrable, in every party i joined, i had to exploit or quit/get kicked from party… so, i decided to not do CoF till it’s fixed. But, if there will be no actions against those, then i took a stupid decission.
Others got easy tokens and are in huge advantage, we, who decided to not go that way, have to do the normal way and … i hope ANet will know to manage the problem, i mean, they don’t want in the future, people discover new exploits and use them counting on “no punish”.

CoF Exploit

Hyoro.2615

Thanks for all the feedback, and responces.

Robert thanks for responding on my post, now one question remains for alot of people I think.

Is it a ban for people who got “tricked” into it by their party ?
Or do you ban people who mindlessly farm an exploit 50 times ?

I think there is a big difference. Speaking for myself, but also for most of the Guild Wars community, we are in need of an awnser. We do not wish to live in doubt.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: DaRkSiDeR.1628

DaRkSiDeR.1628

Reply to Robert Hrouda:

You just fixed all the exploits that is prety much ok by everybody i guess.
But there was something else that had to be done so people with normal gears
and normal stats will be able to pass the whole dungeon and do not have to be a crazy gamer or something…
And for christ sake you removed the tokens from box and put them in the end of the dungeon?
It’s like you are telling people be the master of game to be able to finish a dungeon that said to be the money maker of the whole game like WvW.
For me the exploit was good but letting out other issues that makes it crap, i’ll bet you people out there will already try to make more exploits in order to pass that dungeon.
Wich sounds kinda impossible.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: FlamingFox.5912

FlamingFox.5912

I also would like a response about this from the staff. I had no idea what I got myself into when I entered this dungeon and after it was over I come to the forum and realize that it was an exploit…

It only happened once but if there is some chance of my account getting banned for this I would like to know.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

@DaRkSiDeR

That is actually what they are telling people. Explorable dungeons are not meant for everyone. They are meant to be very difficult, and require more from the player than the average can put out. The far easier story modes are there for a reason.

They are also not meant as moneymakers. If you want to try and make money from explorables, you need a steady and very skilled group to play with. Graveyard running doesn’t work if you want to come out ahead.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

1. Magg is still teleporting over Lava room
2. You are still able to get 2x loot from last chest jumping over gate in kite room
3. You are still able to jump over 1st gate before choosing path

I posted about this in my thread + already sent ticket to Anet support regarding this issue.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/CoF-NOT-FIXED/

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

i wonder if there will be any actions taken against those who exploited CoF. For me was very frustrable, in every party i joined, i had to exploit or quit/get kicked from party… so, i decided to not do CoF till it’s fixed. But, if there will be no actions against those, then i took a stupid decission.
Others got easy tokens and are in huge advantage, we, who decided to not go that way, have to do the normal way and … i hope ANet will know to manage the problem, i mean, they don’t want in the future, people discover new exploits and use them counting on “no punish”.

Last time in CoF we had to take a pug player and we had to say several times to him
to NOT jump over and do the magg bomb event.
There are groups that doesn’t exploit that thing.
We did the jump in the last room thing only one time because a new member of the group told us “hey, you don’t have to do that part” and after “defeating” the last boss it did leave a bad taste in our mouth.

I agree that the mobs during the bombo are really too much, have too much HP and do too much damage. But it’s doable without die 50 times, we die just 1-2 times at most, I’m an elementalist, others are rangers and thief. Only our warrior can manage to not die half of the times.
But IT’S OBVIOUS that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to do it by killing the mobs.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: DaRkSiDeR.1628

DaRkSiDeR.1628

@Brewbeer

All i know is that Developers was the one’s who was telling that everybody who will be kinda skilled and “not professional and sht” will be able to do that dungeons.
What will happen if some not that high mentaly people get so muchkitten of the game and start suiciding?
Couse i’ve seen sht like that before.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: RavenDeBlade.1670

RavenDeBlade.1670

is CoF fixed now so its playable?

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

still need an answer, or else i wont do this path on my necro

CoF Exploit

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

What’s with you necroing 1 year old threads?

CoF Exploit

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

What’s with you necroing 1 year old threads?

It’s to create the illusion that Anet has someone balancing dungeons.

But that guy doesn’t work there anymore.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Because unlike other groups or forums we do not get the privilege of seeing red developer comments in our topics when we voice concerns about our little and often overlooked slice of the game.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

To be honest I only ever see red posts under “black lion trading company” cause that’s the main source of income.

CoF Exploit

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Your comment got me curious about how other subforums fair …

So I did a little digging in other subforums and this is what i came back with. The the number by the subform is the number of red tagged threads on the front page.I took into consideration our own shenanigans and only counted threads that were a month old or less or had a red comment that was a month old or less. It’s funny but as of this count no profession subforms had any red tags that met this criteria, also nothing in suggestions either.

The Nightmare Within: 4

A Very Merry Wintersday: 2

Lore: 1

Audio: 3

Guild Wars 2 Discussion: 2

Structured PvP: 4

PvP Events: 1

To be fair this sub form had a comment from a dev about a month ago it was a few pages back. I thinking it was pretty dry before that.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/LFG-tool-Group-Merging/first

The devs posting in Audio impressed me the most with how they handled threads and responded in them.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)