CoF Magg bomb planting

CoF Magg bomb planting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

There’s no way to do this part without dying, these monsters seem to spawn too quickitteno actually take them down before the new ones pop up from the ground, not counting that when you have 5 of them in the area, if at least 4 of them target you you’ll be dead in 5 seconds (10 if you manage to use your stamina wisely), and since i’m a necro and my job is to spread bleeding, afetr i do so i have all the mobs staring at me waiting to burn me down.

The problem is not the increased bomb planting time, but just the interval of time between waves. It’s too short and we can’t in any way survive (i repeat that i’m talking about staying alive for 300 seconds) at that many enemies.

The only way we managed to do that is with the mass suicide tactic, and even though if you loose the coordination, you’ll loose anyways.

Today i’ve got one group that used a tactic about elementalist to take Magg out of enemy sight and it was the first time i haven’t died at that part (even though i don’t think it’s intended as a tactic).

I’m just asking if it’s intended that we have to die at least once (even the most skilled of players) in that area and if no, can the developer revisit the difficulty?

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

There are numerous ways they could make this work much better. They could reduce the spawn rate to only one silver at a time. Or they could could spawn a mob pack and have only one of them as silver. Or even just spawn enormous waves of non-silvers. But fast waves of multiple silvers are not possible to fight head on. It’s sad ArenaNet will not admit this and it’s the reason people exploit the encounter.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: seventhson.6932

seventhson.6932

There are numerous ways they could make this work much better. They could reduce the spawn rate to only one silver at a time. Or they could could spawn a mob pack and have only one of them as silver. Or even just spawn enormous waves of non-silvers. But fast waves of multiple silvers are not possible to fight head on. It’s sad ArenaNet will not admit this and it’s the reason people exploit the encounter.

Not only this but what does it matter if the packs spawning are insane or more manageable? Most groups just kite them anyways, 2 mins is 2 mins at least make it a more enjoyable 2 mins.

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: Reacher.8379

Reacher.8379

I would love to see a video of the devs actually doing this section correctly how they intend for us to play it. Do you want us to stand and fight? Show us how you did it! Your dungeon mechanics are poor. I like the game, but I’m put off dungeons because…well… they suck. Twilight Arbor is terrible, 90% of the time the blossoms can’t be killed by rifle users. Not to mention the insta pwn you get from the four knights. Actually get a team of you devs record some footage of you guys doing the dungeon how YOU intended it to be played and I’ll eat my words.

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: Hekken.4153

Hekken.4153

Amen brother…….. ANET can’t that’s why.

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

I would love to see a video of the devs actually doing this section correctly how they intend for us to play it. Do you want us to stand and fight? Show us how you did it! Your dungeon mechanics are poor. I like the game, but I’m put off dungeons because…well… they suck. Twilight Arbor is terrible, 90% of the time the blossoms can’t be killed by rifle users. Not to mention the insta pwn you get from the four knights. Actually get a team of you devs record some footage of you guys doing the dungeon how YOU intended it to be played and I’ll eat my words.

Don’t quote me but I remember one of the devs stating that they don’t do that because people would accuse them of having OP dev gear. I think it was Robert Hrouda, but I can’t find the original quote so I don’t wanna commit to it. Either way, it’s a convenient excuse.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

CoF Magg bomb planting

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

Don’t quote me but I remember one of the devs stating that they don’t do that because people would accuse them of having OP dev gear. I think it was Robert Hrouda, but I can’t find the original quote so I don’t wanna commit to it. Either way, it’s a convenient excuse.

As I said at that time, I’ve never once heard that kind of criticism leveled in that kind of situation so the only explanation is that they actually are only testing them with dev gear.