CoF P1 Complete Solo (except boulders, gate)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Anyway, I planned on only doing the dungeon until the Slave Driver mainly to win this bet. But in order to satisfy some trolls (who shall remain nameless) I decided to just make a solo video of CoF P1 in its entirety (well except for boulders &gate). There was actually a misunderstanding in which they thought I only exploited the Slave Driver, so I did everything the legit way in addition, just to prove that I could..cause CoF P1 is easy..

CoF P1 Solo (normal): http://youtu.be/KKZFoWERHBA (16min 30s)
CoF P1 Solo (shortened): http://youtu.be/mebQdX9CzhQ (4min)

The old post:
Recently my friend had complained that slave driver was the hardest boss in COF p1, and the rest all was easy. I was of the same opinion, but told him I could probly solo him if I tried. So he bet me 100g that I couldn’t do that without losing much HP. Turns out i actually found a way to beat him without losing a single hitpoint, so he paid up in the end

Slave Driver Solo using 3 different methods (including exploit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwPrGOnUGo (15min)

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

Tagging, I will watch when I get home.

Good job though. I know I hate when this fights takes any longer than 40 seconds!

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I would say goodjob but the only thing worth praising you for is finding an exploit spot.

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

You should not be proud for finding exploits… Do it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcUBQ3zFeo

[rT]

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hint: you can also solo the boulders and the gate lock

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

You should not be proud for finding exploits… Do it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcUBQ3zFeo

just saying, if you watched the rest of the video he solos the boss with no safespot (2nd try has a bit of exploiting dumb mob pathing AI, 3rd is legit)

nagr.1593

Nice job, trolls. Clearly neither of you actually went to the first link of the video I posted, otherwise you would’ve seen that one of my methods listed involved fighting him the normal way (without exploits), as Wethospu does. It was my first time soloing him this way without a group so understandably I was a bit rusty. I did this simply to prove to myself that I didn’t need an exploit to solo a dungeon boss. My guess is that you were already aware of this fact, but were in need of attention so decided to post some clearly untrue accusations just to get a rise out of me.

Obviously, I wasn’t aware of the video link you listed prior to soloing CoF and clearing the 1st boss (which I also managed to do without exploits, as my video clearly shows). Wethospu might be a god (I have seen some of his other vids) but to imply that just because of this, in order to solo any dungeon I have to copy his style and do everything the way he does…is just bullkitten. My experience from clearing up until and including the 1st boss came from months of running CoF with my friends, I certainly don’t need to read a playbook on how to do it.

But simply to prove a point (and feed the trolls), I managed to complete COF P1 (leaving out the boulders and gate part) by calling in a favor from a guildie and with the unwitting help of a PuG. The link is now posted in my OP.

On a closing note, the main reason I even searched for an exploit for the Slave Driver was to satisfy the requirements of the bet I made with my friend. As you can see in the link I posted, I didn’t have much problem soloing the boss without it, either. I also hope you are both aware that most speed runs utilize some form of skipping/exploits, including AC, TA, and Arah speed runs for instance. So if you tell me this is all new to you, I will laugh in your face.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

spoj.9672

The normal version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwPrGOnUGo (15min)
faster replay speed (4-8x), extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zw71h_Z3go (4min)

So i watched the sped up vid which shows you using the exploit… I wonder why we thought you only exploited it.

nagr.1593

That vid was not correctly annotated, I admit, but even otherwise you should have easily been able to understand that I fought the Slave Driver three times, first time with the exploit you described, the second one which was actually a clever form of kiting, and not an exploit since at any point he could have lunged at me and dealt dmg. the last was the normal way which was slightly more difficult but similar, and yet I still don’t understand why you are fixating on the first method i used…

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

spoj.9672

It was a misunderstanding. Nice job on doing it legit.

nagr.1593

That’s fine..well, at least I was motivated to solo the rest of P1 now :P
I updated my OP with the link. also redid the fight with Slave Driver (the legit one) because I felt it was kind of sloppy anyways. Like I mentioned earlier, the rest of dungeon is very easy to solo, the end boss especially

Arun Kar

Posted by: Sammich.4365

Sammich.4365

Hint: you can also solo the boulders and the gate lock

How would one going about doing this?

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

You can jump past the gates, but apparently the end boss doesn’t trigger anymore

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

nagr.1593

Confirmed, I actually found out about this a couple weeks ago tbh..found it quite by accident, when I had alot of spare time since we had 1 DC and the rest of m ygroup were noobs who for some reason were eager to die in the totem room, swarmed by mobs (which was pointless, since we were missing 1 anyway..)

Glitched through to the effigy by jumping on the torches. but apparently the effigy doesn’t trigger until the CS happens, which only starts after the gate event…

Arun Kar

Posted by: viciouspike.8624

viciouspike.8624

Basis i can bet all my gold that you exploit them some how no exploit= no speed run .

What?… This is the most ignorant thing I have seen in a month of Sundays.