CoF P1 ( The good & The bad)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

stop making these threads already, we know that, we know everything, we already have enough cof p1 threads, if there wes even any decent dev on this forum he’d just merge all these threads, something like “cof p1 and the new changes (merged)”
and those so called “elitists” are just people who want to run the efficiently and make the most money in a short amount of time, and it does require a specific build, it needs a dps build, why would you grab a tanky build against bosses that do almost 0 damage, and no, it doesn’t create an unhealthy dungeon community or destabilize the market, only thing going to change is the amount of molten lodestones, they’re going to be more expensive, and as for the solutions, aren’t they going to do that?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Look at players like Colesy and tell me it doesn’t create an unhealthy dungeon community.
Forged in the fiery pits of the Citadel, these players have had all emotion removed. All humanity and sense of enjoyment has long since been consumed by the eternal flame. Now, all that remains is an empty husk that doesn’t even know what to do with all that gold anymore, but he must go on. He must become richer, For the glory of Gaheron!

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

Looking forward to everyone realizing the handful of people that spammed CoF didn’t have much of an impact on the economy and prices keep rising while there’s no viable way without CoF to make money beyond ANET’s intended horrid gold/hour rate… Unless you want to play TP stock broker, dump entire paychecks into you gw2 account or exploit and risk your account which is what truly devalues gold along with just selling gems for gold through the TP interface.

Highschool economics class won’t solve every problem.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Good
- Easy way to intoroduce new players to dungeons
- quick dungeon that is good to pick up and go and still get money
- dosen’t requires a specific build if you don’t have elitists in your party

Bad
- creates an unhealthy dungeon community
- no reasons to run other dungeons
- it can destabilise the market

Solutions:
Buff: Buffing the reward of other dungeons
Nerf: Nerfing the reward of CoF P1

What you guys think?

I bet you put ruby orbs in your greatsword

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Look at players like Colesy and tell me it doesn’t create an unhealthy dungeon community.
Forged in the fiery pits of the Citadel, these players have had all emotion removed. All humanity and sense of enjoyment has long since been consumed by the eternal flame. Now, all that remains is an empty husk that doesn’t even know what to do with all that gold anymore, but he must go on. He must become richer, For the glory of Gaheron!

I pug all the time, my guild doesn’t do a lot of dungeons so I mostly pug, even if they do dungeons it’s mostly cof p1 >_<, they’re nice people though, anywho, I mostly pug arah or fractals and so far, I’ve been seeing more good guy gregs than scumbag steve, I was pugging this one time an this guy kept dying a lot, at the end boss he said “thanks for not kicking me,” when someone wrote “I’d rather die than be that person,” maybe since a lot of people on the forum run with their guild/friends think pugs are all kittens/noob, because guild runs are usually better and guildies are nice, but they just like to over exaggerate pugs and make unnecessary drama.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

I’ve regularly visited CoF’s on a warrior in warrior groups and on non warriors. I’ve made good friends and had fun in almost all of them. Whatever bad player hurt your feelings is just as common anywhere and people can be just as mean amongst “casuals” or “elitest”. In fact there are many casuals that think they are the most incredible thing to happen to video games and act mean themselves it goes both ways.

In a way having a basic understanding of mechanics and playing is a matter of respect for other people’s time. Some people feel obligated to preform better not to farm or boss people around but instead to carry their weight and not be a burden on people. In about half a year of lots of CoF I can say that there was plenty of nice people and the jerk to nice ratio was no different then anywhere else in any other player activity if anything the amount of pleasant interesting people seemed actually higher.

Here’s a sweeping generalization I can make like you. A lot of the time I get in groups with very obviously inexperienced bad players but they are in a guild group so they are a lot more arrogant and outgoing and abusive. This situation happens to me quite a lot.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)