CoF P1 and dungeons

CoF P1 and dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

glf 1 full exo berserker warrior path1 speed/multiple runs ping gear
zerk mes lf zerkwars p1 speedfarm. gearcheck when join!
GL1M ZERK WARRIOR P1 SPEEDCLEAR GEAR CHECK
=Premade= LF2M Full berz wars for frarm 2-5h.. Gear check and traits!
FULL ZERKER MES LFG COF P1 FARMING -GEAR CHECk-
LF1M Zerk Wars // P1 Farm 1h+ // Ping gear when join
LF1M Full Zerker Warrior P1 Farm. Gearcheck!
LF 1 zerker warrior for p1 farming link gear,self invite
LF1 bers warr for farm p1. Gear check.
lf2m zerk warrior to go
glf 3 full zerk warrior p1 speed 3-6x
LF3 Zerk Warrior for Speedruns P1 / gear check
LF2M zerk warrior full exo CoF P1 speedrun link gear on joining

And that’s pretty much your only options as of right now for groups….

So if your not mesmer or warrior, you won’t get a group. That was every listing up to 30 mins on gw2 lfg europe as of right now….

It’s getting out of hand, I really hope they nerf cof p1 soon. I run it just like everyone else but that is just plain silly….

It’s almost impossible to get a group for p2 or p3 for those that want them, i don’t usually run them unless a guildie needs them, and even path 1 if your the “wrong profession”…

Also hardly anyone is running AC anymore so getting groups for dungeons has become a chore or more effort than it’s worth…

Guild groups is all im pretty much run with now simply because the game has gone to crap when it comes to running dungeons. It’s putting me off running them completely and im not the only one.

I think almost all the dungeons need a complete change soon. I never had a problem with AC after the changes but for some reason noone wants to run AC anymore…

Some people are just being completely silly with this crap, you can do fast runs of cof with any profession….it the difference in seconds that is cause for so much elitist crap?

Ac takes 2 mins longer than before on noes we can’t run it anymore…!!11!!

I mean come on guys w…t…f….

(edited by TRON.1085)

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

People mostly repeat dungeons over and over for loot. Doing the run as fast as possible is desired. If ANet nerfs CoF1 then there will be a new “best farm” path and a new group meta and most everyone will do that. I hate to be cynical, but a nerf of this one path will only move the problem.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Just a quick question -

Is there something preventing you from creating your own lfg request?

Works fine for me when I want to run it on my Guardian.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I never have trouble finding groups for CoF or AC. Sure there’s a lot of people speed spamming CoF 1 but it’s still easy to get a non-zerker group.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Make your own LFG post. There are a TON of people looking at the same page thinking just like you. Just because warriors and mesmers are taking the initiative of posting on the site and you are not does not mean that’s all that people run now.

Take the time and post I’m sure you will fill up fast.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

CoF P1 and dungeons

TRON.1085

Make your own LFG post. There are a TON of people looking at the same page thinking just like you. Just because warriors and mesmers are taking the initiative of posting on the site and you are not does not mean that’s all that people run now.

Been there done that, isn’t the case…

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I have NP running with without zerk grps.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Then I guess we haven’t been using the same gw2lfg.com site or playing the same game.

[PLUM] – SOR

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m going to just start keeping a zerk set to ping. Won’t use it since I’d rather use something else but I’ll still have a set to ping. Some of the stuff I have is zerk so won’t take too much space up.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

I’m going to just start keeping a zerk set to ping. Won’t use it since I’d rather use something else but I’ll still have a set to ping. Some of the stuff I have is zerk so won’t take too much space up.

if you join a 4war/1mes team and you don’t use full zerker its incredibly easy to tell – once you’ve done 1k+ runs of full berserker you know exactly how fast slaver/effigy should take

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

once you’ve done 1k+ runs of full berserker you know exactly how fast slaver/effigy should take

Exactly. In most (if not all) dungeons, having your group members traited for DPS rather than survival is more beneficial than vice versa. If you want to run CoF in a non-speed run way that’s totally your perogative. However, experienced CoF runners wear Berserker/DPS gear because they don’t have to rely on survivability stats and instead know when to dodge and how to evade.

[LFG]

(edited by Danireathorn.2814)

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

^ in agreance to clumsy – though I don’t run in full zerkers teams – slaver / effigy should take only 30 / 60 or so seconds with the nerfed TW – it can go as fast as 10-15 / 15-45 with full zerker teams.

The teams I run are usually Prot Guard, TW Mesmer, Zerker War, Zerker Thief, random (alot of the time a ranger or ele) so its not just 4xZWar+TWMez. Its still very easy to do with a rainbow team.

I think RisingDusk’s point is that as teams get better/understand thier roles and what to do an all zerker team is simply more efficient – prot / support of traditional teams are a handicap which compensate our non-perfect behaviour.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Then I guess we haven’t been using the same gw2lfg.com site or playing the same game.

It’s probably because TRON mentioned Europe LFGs. I noticed Europe CoF listing are less than NA’s. Just throwing that out there…

CoF P1 and dungeons

Jzl.8715

It’s probably because TRON mentioned Europe LFGs. I noticed Europe CoF listing are less than NA’s. Just throwing that out there…

I don’t see how the same case doesn’t translate from one another. Are you saying that there are more people willing to make a non war/mes party in NA while people in Europ the only people who are willing to run CoF are farmers?

[PLUM] – SOR

CoF P1 and dungeons

CreativeAnarchy.6324

if you join a 4war/1mes team and you don’t use full zerker its incredibly easy to tell – once you’ve done 1k+ runs of full berserker you know exactly how fast slaver/effigy should take

You still won’t be able to tell unless you know 3 of the other 4 players or you go through a weeding process to try and figure out who.

You can have me link my gear. Sure. I link it. I can even go as far as wearing the same exact skin so you won’t ever be able to tell.

You also can’t tell my traits either. I can gear check but you won’t know if I have the traits for axe or greatsword. I can use those weapons upon request but you won’t know that I’m not traited. I could be using my w3 set but using whatever gear the group leader wants.

Too many flaws in the gear check and I don’t care to do all that gear stuff. I’d rather just run it and get it done. Waste of time dealing with noobish people.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Today I decked out my warrior and decided to look for some zerker speedruns of COF, there were plenty to choose from. What I forgot to do, however, was pay more attention to the comments.

Many of them simply stated ‘COF P1 farm’ or P1 speedrun.’, Upon joining 4 groups, I left each one.

They all had random classes, rangers, guards, engi’s, necros ets. It seems to me that people are happy enough to ‘speedrun’ this regardless of class, it’s all in the wording of the posts.

In other words, there are non-elitist/classist/whatever groups out there, and they are running COF P1 as I found out today.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

CoF P1 and dungeons

TRON.1085

Makes me laugh all this for the sake of saving an extra minute or less per run…iv done runs with all sorts of classes that are 5-7 mins per run…

This elitist sillyness all for the sake of 1 min quicker per run? Really? just silly lol

CoF P1 and dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

Makes me laugh all this for the sake of saving an extra minute or less per run…iv done runs with all sorts of classes that are 5-7 mins per run…

This elitist sillyness all for the sake of 1 min quicker per run? Really? just silly lol

Yes, if you are after just the one run then this makes sense. But when you want repeat runs back to back for the next 5 or so hours, that extra minute or so that you shave off by having the right classes and gear adds up. I find it understandable that people do this.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Jzl.8715

Some people are just being completely silly with this crap,

Yea, for instance, like contributing to the daily “Make CoF Farming Stop” post.

all sorts of classes that are 5-7 mins per run…

Please do show us your record shattering CoF p1 run. I’m genuinely curious, in a sincere way. Because I can just say things too you know, like there is this once I finished a CoF path 1 in 3 minutes, with 4 level 35s, watching tv, in the morning with a massive hungover, while riding a lion, that is made from jelly, in front of the Queen.

[PLUM] – SOR

CoF P1 and dungeons

swiftpaw.6397

Some people are just being completely silly with this crap,

Yea, for instance, like contributing to the daily “Make CoF Farming Stop” post.

all sorts of classes that are 5-7 mins per run…

Please do show us your record shattering CoF p1 run. I’m genuinely curious, in a sincere way. Because I can just say things too you know, like there is this once I finished a CoF path 1 in 3 minutes, with 4 level 35s, watching tv, in the morning with a massive hungover, while riding a lion, that is made from jelly, in front of the Queen.

I don’t believe the part where you said you were watching TV. The rest though… I’m impressed.

CoF P1 and dungeons

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Dude trust me, once we see how fast you down your own acolyte we’ll know. Also, since you posted here and announced in public your intention to lie to the groups you’re joining, you’ve earned yourself a place in the blocklist so those of us who have seen your post here will already block you from their runs.

Anyone reading your message here can put you into their blocklist and kick you out of any run they spot you in.

I don’t join those runs. Never cared to.

But easy for some to get their kicks and organize a grief and go through all that. You’ll have to waste your time to get to that alcolyte then form another group or whatever you have to do or whatever check you go through.

Block me. I don’t care. Wouldn’t touch those that type of lfm anyway. It is below me to do that.

I think all of that is just funny.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

CoF P1 and dungeons

CreativeAnarchy.6324

As far as this dungeon is concerned, I don’t think any changes are necessary.

I run this myself to farm because I can get in some quick runs before I have to or wnat to do something else. I’m not too into the dungeons in this game, much rather deal with a open world boss where I can do a few things around the house while I wait and I’d rather do some WvW but that doesn’t pay very well compared to PvE and I need gold.

If people are so bothered, they can toss up their own lfm and as stated earlier, once this one gets nerfed, there will be another that comes along and you’ll have the same situation that it is now, just different requirements.

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

CoF is fine the way it is. Stop the QQ and make a warrior.

CoF P1 and dungeons

laharl.8435

I do regular runs with my guardian and zerker speed runs with my warrior. There is a huge difference, especially if you’re going to do multiple runs. My guardian runs can sometimes go somewhat fast if we have a bunch of dps builds, but NEVER as fast as war/mes zerker runs.

Never has my guardian been in a group that kills the slaver within a single Time Warp. My warrior does it all the time.

Sometimes, on my guardian, I get people that can’t make it through the rolling rocks on their first few tries. This never happens with my warrior zerk runs, because no one has to run through the rocks.

Sometimes my guardian has the highest dps in the group, which means taking down the gate isn’t that fast. In my warrior runs the gate is ALWAYS melted fast.

Sometimes my guardian runs take a couple minutes to kill the Effigy. In my warrior runs it ALWAYS goes down in less than a minute.

Every single encounter is ALWAYS faster in the zerk runs. The only encounter that isn’t much faster is the Acolytes and that’s because you have to wait for them to respawn.

All that said, I have never had an issue finding regular runs with my guardian. My group pretty much always fills in less than a minute.

(edited by laharl.8435)

CoF P1 and dungeons

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

All the other lfg’s are gone because people join them faster as a lot of people ignore the obnoxious “pols zerk warior link gear” garbage, even if they are good zerk WRs.

CoF P1 and dungeons

laharl.8435

Well there you go. One more reason why it’s easy to find a regular CoF 1 group.

The thing is, you don’t have to be a good warrior to do CoF 1 zerk runs. There are probably tons of fail warriors in there, but you would never know because you kill everything so fast there is no chance of a wipe. If someone goes down, everyone continues killing because they will always easily rally the downed guy.

The only thing you need for these runs to work is gear. The mesmer needs maybe an ounce of skill, but the warriors just need to show up in the right gear, no skill needed.

(edited by laharl.8435)