CoF P1 exploit

CoF P1 exploit

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

There are infinitely respawning mobs that give exp. I think this has gone on too long.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s not an exploit. So there ya go.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

No exploit, people can farm EXP this way if they choose to.

CoF P1 exploit

RubberDougie.2750

Then why did they remove EXP from all the other places with infinite respawning mobs? This was an oversight.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Then why did they remove EXP from all the other places with infinite respawning mobs? This was an oversight.

I can’t be kitten d to find the twitter post from an anet-employee which said “Core masteries are designed with older content in mind. How fast you acquire them is up to you”, shortly after this “exploit” as you call it became known.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Charlene.6278

Charlene.6278

Mommmm. Bobby is doing something faster then meeee. He’s cheatinggg. It’s not FAIR!

CoF P1 exploit

RubberDougie.2750

No, it is just they fixed all the other infinitely respawning enemies but missed the ones in CoF. It has to be an oversight, therefore the farm is an exploit.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Here’s the thing about the word exploit. What determines an exploit varies from person to person. An exact definition that will cover every situation is impossible. But for the most part people can agree on certain conditions. One of these conditions is a Dev saying it’s not an exploit. So yeah.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Yeah, it’s strange that the infinitely respawning mobs in CoF P1 give exp when no other infinitely respawning mobs in any other instance give exp, but as you can see from the twitter post ANet doesn’t really care.

Honestly, that’s just fine, most vets have already done core content to death, we shouldn’t be forced to do it again just to unlock features and autoloot or precursor crafting (which can’t be sped up because it requires us to do specific content).

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Originally I was very much against cof farm. I do not recall who but someone posted a comment about this xp farm that changed my opinion.

Just paraphrasing their comment. Those who logged on with a lot of mastery points waiting to be spent was a clear indication they had done a lot of content. Unlike HoT. Would it be wise to make them do the same content over and over they had previously done just to spend the mastery points they already earned? I know that sounds like a contradiction. But now imo the least Anet can do is allow those a fast and easy way to finish up.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No, it is just they fixed all the other infinitely respawning enemies but missed the ones in CoF. It has to be an oversight, therefore the farm is an exploit.

It’s been 2 weeks since launch now – if they wanted to fix it they would have. They certainly know about it.
Crying about it won’t help – it’s here to stay – enjoy.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

CoF P1 exploit

Harper.4173

Originally I was very much against cof farm. I do not recall who but someone posted a comment about this xp farm that changed my opinion.

Just paraphrasing their comment. Those who logged on with a lot of mastery points waiting to be spent was a clear indication they had done a lot of content. Unlike HoT. Would it be wise to make them do the same content over and over they had previously done just to spend the mastery points they already earned? I know that sounds like a contradiction. But now imo the least Anet can do is allow those a fast and easy way to finish up.

Not that I claim to be that poster but I too made that point a while ago in one of these threads.

Tyria mastery points should never have come with XP gates – considering that the people that had the points had most likely “mastered” core Tyria. Why make them grind the same thing again?

That’s why CoF p1 is allowed – because it’s an easy fix to a problem they shouldn’t have made in the first place.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I wish there was a farm like this in the jungle to be honest.

CoF P1 exploit

Skoigoth.9238

There was something similar-ish in DS going on afaik (didn’t do it myself, so I don’t know the specifics), but they fixed that one rather quickly because it apparently involved stalling progress on one of the side events.

The CoF farm is pretty harmless though I think. No loot, no stalling events for uninvolved players – just carpal tunnel syndrome =P

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The reason they nerfed all the other spots like this is because those spots had mobs which dropped loot. In this case, they drop no loot and therefore have no adverse effect on the economy, and are thus fine. If you want to grind this for experience, it’s fine and it’s not an exploit.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

CoF P1 would be the equivalent of paying for a single player game cheat. Everything you acquire this way doesn’t impact anyone else but you. If someone has the nerves to gain XP this way and it doesn’t affect anybody else, why not.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

What you consider or don’t consider an exploit is irrelevant. Anet thinks it’s fine, so it’s fine.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

I wish there was a farm like this in the jungle to be honest.

not as fast as cof p1, but the “spiderfarm” near the itzel grounds is good.
made several levels + loot there. pretty nice to do it with 5 players, you just run in a circle, pull the spiders together at hotspots and kill em. when you finished the circle, the spiders will have respawned at the start location.

many players search in the lfg-tool, and it got hard to get a empty map, so better farm at the night if you got the time.

don’t know if anet will nerf that spot, exp. is okay (~5k per spider i think with all boosts) and you get loot. its not the overkill, but nice after all if you have nothing to do.

CoF P1 exploit

spoj.9672

My problem with spiderfarm is that there is always other people there and its not as good. The best thing about that farm before was that each spider had 4.5k bonus xp due to not being farmed constantly(7k per kill). So you could kill them all then switch maps and repeat. Now that everyones doing it its much less lucrative.

CoF P1 exploit

RubberDougie.2750

No verified checkmark on Twitter.

I will consider it an exploit until a TRUE ANet dev says otherwise.

(edited by RubberDougie.2750)

CoF P1 exploit

Skoigoth.9238

For all I care you can consider it to be whatever you want. All I did was providing a link to the twitter statement in question.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

I’ll be happy if they revert back the original experience gained for completing other dungeons since they’re leaving CoF p1 farm alone.

(Tin foil hat on)
They are deliberately using dungeons to fragment the community.

Before:
Zerk vs play how I want
Skip/Stacking/Goat vs Skip/Stacking is an exploit
FGS#4 vs FGS#4 is an exploit

Now: CoF p1 farmers vs exploiters

CoF P1 exploit

Skoigoth.9238

Why would a game developer deliberately try to fragment their player-base though? To detract attention from how badly written and executed the story part of their expansion was and that they messed up with the fractal changes??! Hmmm…. * puts on tin foil hat *

;)

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If you look at Chris Cleary’s posts you’ll see that his signature has his twitter tag @Shazbawt, which is the same @Shazbawt that is linked in the twitter post.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Leave this troll be lol

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

CoF P1 exploit

Harper.4173

Don’t hold your breath.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Lol. Pretty sure any mob in open world pve is “constantly respawning” and “drops loot”.

Anet clearly doesn’t have some strict set of rules for determining if it is an exploit. Anything you do that makes them angry can be deemed an exploit whenever they want.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I find the decision on CoF farming disappointing; I left my guild of 3 years because of it.

Snow Crows [SC]

CoF P1 exploit

spoj.9672

Because grinding xp the slow way in content you have already done to death is fun. Put it this way. New players can do map comp and various things they havent experienced to gain xp in old tyria to level masteries. Veterans likely have a large amount of map completion on various characters which never awarded them progress to masteries. They are losing out. And are forced to revisit content that they dont necessarily want to do.

CoF farm gives a fair alternative that hurts noone and makes the grind less painful. Also i wouldnt have bothered doing the cof farm if dungeons and fractals actually rewarded decent amounts and still had semi decent other rewards. So if you are going to get disappointed at the devs be disappointed at the atrocious xp and reward nerfs instead.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Because grinding xp the slow way in content you have already done to death is fun. Put it this way. New players can do map comp and various things they havent experienced to gain xp in old tyria to level masteries. Veterans likely have a large amount of map completion on various characters which never awarded them progress to masteries. They are losing out. And are forced to revisit content that they dont necessarily want to do.

CoF farm gives a fair alternative that hurts noone and makes the grind less painful. Also i wouldnt have bothered doing the cof farm if dungeons and fractals actually rewarded decent amounts and still had semi decent other rewards. So if you are going to get disappointed at the devs be disappointed at the atrocious xp and reward nerfs instead.

This^

I’m almost burnt out with this open world zerging…just trying to force myself to level masteries. I’m finding myself falling asleep mid zerg because its just not fun for me. I would much rather be gaining masteries in fractals instead. I wouldn’t mind mixing it up and doing the map meta as well occasionally, but the weeks of having only open world zerging, for grinding masteries, has taken its toll on me. It is especially disturbing to do like 4-5 fractal runs and see your mastery bar literally not even noticeably move.

CoF P1 exploit

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Agreed with the post above.

Honestly it would have been so much better if to get the mastery you actually had to do what the goal was. Fractal Masteries? Do fractals. Pact Mastery? Break it up: Mentor gets exp through dungeons/meta events and map completion required, auto loot from doing world bosses, run speed from gathering exp, merchant track from crafting.

(I actually think the legendary quest is in a good place, but really didn’t need to make it a mastery. The tasks are fine on their own.)

I would have liked a system like that so much more, but as it is, farming CoF isn’t an exploit. An Exploit would be if you could get that exp without doing any work (like force progressing by abusing wall glitches, etc.)