CoF P2 Bomb Planting thoughts?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I personally really liked the change, it’s gone from a pretty boring kite fest to one where you are actively need to be finding the Assassin’s and killing them, didn’t find it too difficult, good job.

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

I really like it also. It must be kinda difficult because two players died in my party while doing it somehow…and then complained for the duration how Anet sucks because they eliminated the ability to rez from a WP…

I was LOLING.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

It took my group a few rounds to catch on that the assassin were there (sneaky little buggers). But after puzzling that out, I found it really enjoyable.

I really enjoyed the idea of having to handle a mass of mobs and also establish an additional priority in combat. There’s something like that in AC Detha’s path, where people seem to prioritizing killing in a class-based order during the turret event, but the added effect of having to spy the suckers at random points during the fray added another dimension to it.

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

I tried path two first thing after the update.

We were 2 thiefs, 2 eles and necro. The defending mag part was a much more enjoyable experience, so much better than the old 1-2-2 boring suicide / kiting trick.

This is a big improvement, its 10 x more fun then before its now my favourite part of the path.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

To be fair, if you actually fought instead of kiting it was one of the best battles in the game. It’s a shame there’s not much like that anymore.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

I wish i found some group intrested in trying it.. The mere suggested could get you kicked from a group lol. Always people are in a rush or something. At least all of us in PuG get to do it properly now.

(edited by iced cooly.5794)

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

I tried battling it in the old setup; my group never had enough DPS. (yet the same group can DPS the boss fight in path 1 while completely ignoring healing crystals ).

My group isn’t good, but the old path2 magg room was kitten

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I wish i found some group intrested in trying it.. Never mind.

www.gw2lfg.com

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I liked the old event better. And no I never kited it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

Oh; when I say “never had enough DPS” I mean, of the first 3 mobs that spawn, we just managed to kill one (all of us focusing on it) after the next wave started spawning.

Posted by: Charrlizard.8041

Charrlizard.8041

There was no way to fight, and survive, the bomb planting without serious skill, luck, and the right professions. I always thought it’d be better if we could actually fight those guys instead of being steamrolled, and now we can. There’s so much awesome dungeon revamping in this update that I can deal with having no waypoints in combat. Now all we need to hope is that Anet got all the overpowered mob fights handled so waypoint rushing isn’t necessary. Maybe people will do more than CoF, HotW, TA, and AC now.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

There was no way to fight, and survive, the bomb planting without serious skill, luck, and the right professions. I always thought it’d be better if we could actually fight those guys instead of being steamrolled, and now we can. There’s so much awesome dungeon revamping in this update that I can deal with having no waypoints in combat. Now all we need to hope is that Anet got all the overpowered mob fights handled so waypoint rushing isn’t necessary. Maybe people will do more than CoF, HotW, TA, and AC now.

This is funny. How is it bad if it needs skill to kill them? No luck involved imo. It even worked with random pugs when you told them how to go about it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Here’s what you need to be able to do it:

1) Snares
2) Calling targets
3) Party Support
4) Damage, preferably AoE.

We did this with no guardians or warriors. Instead we had A necro, ele, ranger, engineer and another necro. Hardly what most would consider an ideal party. It took some time to figure out the right strategy, but boy was it worth it.

God forbid a dungeon take some thought, time and skill to complete xD

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I don’t really care much about this waypoint change, but it does mean certain things. PUGs will be harder to play CoF2 with and it requires decent enough party compositions now to even get through bomb room. if anything the waypoint patch actually favors Zerker warriors more for CoF 2 because they can blast through everything in that room before anyways. Yes you can do it with other classes, but it is just really easy with Warriors….

so back to the path of least resistance~prepare to see: “LF4M DPS Warriors Only”

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

ya i think warrior/guardian isn’t even good at this event. you want other class that can aoe at range.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

ya i think warrior/guardian isn’t even good at this event. you want other class that can aoe at range.

A full team of zerker warriors can burn through all the enemies with them barely spawning for seconds…. done it before and it was beautiful…

single target melee > range AoE

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

i can’t even stand there and do a hundred blade. too many mob and there’s a knockdown. you tried a full warrrior group for the new cof path 2?

I think full warrior may work since there’s more people taking hit. but i dont’ even think warrior is good compare to other range aoe class.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

If it was easy for you, then you must have nothing but aoe, if you try to do it with anything less, you’re not gonna pass it. With mobs doing constant kd’s the assassins sneaking in, and constant burns going on, its aoe ro go home. So tell me again how this balanced the dungeon?

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

It’s perfect. Maybe too easy. But it was cake with a guild group, should be easy enough for the average PUG.

The assassins were a nice little touch, better than just a straight zerg.

Bravo devs

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Path 2 is now super fun!!!! I love it!!! I don’t know how people are having a hard time at all!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

A full team of zerker warriors can burn through all the enemies with them barely spawning for seconds…. done it before and it was beautiful…

single target melee > range AoE

That’s a problem with the class not the dungeon…

Posted by: spoffy.7089

spoffy.7089

I hate how as a guardian the assassins simply walk right through my wards. Really puts a limit to what I can do to help . . .