CoF Path 2 Magg

CoF Path 2 Magg

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

So last night I tried this path twice with two different groups. One was a full PuG, the other was a guild group where I was the extra. Both attempts were pretty spectacular failures. I checked the forum last night & this morning and saw a number of people post that they think the fight is easier now than before. I’d like to ask any of those people for some specific information on what they did that made the fight easy (group make up, armor/weapons, skills used, etc). Maybe a video of the fight so I can see for myself.

For reference, the first group consisted of 3 warriors, 1 guardian, and 1 engineer. I can’t speak to how they were specced, but my warrior is outfitted for a tanky/dps role (knight armor w/divinity runes, valkyrie & ascended accessories, berzerker greatsword). After the first attempt to see what the changes were like we tried stacking in front of Magg to dps everything down & marked the assassins when we saw them, but that didn’t work at all. Tried switching my utilities around for more stability, tried the Warbanner, but neither made a difference.

Can’t remember the make up of the second group, but the results were pretty much the same. Big cc/damage spike when the encounter started, then lots of ping-ponging between the down state & rallying before the mobs eventually overwhelmed us and killed Magg.

So, any detailed tips on what you did to get through this fight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

I’ve made with my guildes “old” version in “proper” way several times (so just kill all those silver mobs). It was challenging, good dps with good surv was needed for it.
No we have encounter with a lot of trash common type mobs and maybe 1 or 2 silver ones per waves. There are some assasins which just walk towards magg and want to stab him, so they need to be killed first.
My first attempt to this was 3 warriors + guardian + ranger group. It was just easy, cleave and aoe everything.
2 warriors full zerg with gs, my knight + zerg with axe/mace + axe build, ranger with tanky gs build and support “soldier armor” guardian with gs on this fight. For me it’s just way easier than old version, probably some teams with low aoe damage could fail here but they probably would fail on old version too and would “kite” it.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i haven’t tried CoF path 2 after the new nerf….

is it possible to invi magg and proceed with killing those assasin ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

i haven’t tried CoF path 2 after the new nerf….

is it possible to invi magg and proceed with killing those assasin ?

Yes, you can. It’s easier than before.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

Not only its easier but more fun. Great work from anet.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: helosie.4781

helosie.4781

Did it last night on the first try, with a pug too.
Helps to have a Necro who can easily deal with the non-silvers with constants dot’s.

Iron-Bound [IB]
Gate of Madness

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

doned wich all guildmate and ts on, was realy fun and easy-hard at the same time gj Anet

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I joined a PuG yesterday who was obviously struggling with the event. I found it to be easier than the old event, assuming your were fighting, not kiting.

There really isn’t much too it though expect having good AoE DPS while focusing down the Assassins. As a Thief I was spaming Cluster bomb most of the time and then switched to Daggers to focus down an Assassin…then switched back again.

The only “trick” I saw is that people obviously can’t afford to die. We had a Warrior who insisted on dying on every attempt. Full glass-cannon who aren’t great players are gonna have a hard time with this event.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Niacin.4926

Niacin.4926

People just need to learn how to optimize their class and it will take more skilled players to do this now.

Did this with a pug group not too long ago, I’m the guardian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2wcrnVHcJY

Rox Bladerunner [Guardian] ~ Pi Batty [Warrior] – Yak’s Bend
Sunrise ~ Bifrost ~ Bolt

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Got to 99% last night before Magg got killed by assassins. Every following try we did worse til we finally gave up.

Course it was our first time in there and most of us are in greens/yellows and I have no idea how people’s builds were (I was running d/d bunker ele). It was a fun fight, really challenging for us, just didn’t have the focus I guess to pull it off.

Honestly if it was as simple as AEing everything down (like the post above me shows in the old version of it) we’d have beat it, but the assassins stealth til they’re almost on him and it’s easy for people to miss them (and they require focusing down). Not to mention it only takes two stabs to kill Magg.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

Yeah, I must agree now it’s easier and more fun. GJ

Before patch you needed a good group to do it properly. I always thought kiting and dying was stupid.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Our group failed a few times before we noticed where the assassins spawn. There’s two places where they spawn, and they alternate each time one dies (or at least, a new one appeared by the time it took us to dps the first). One guildie was target-marking the new assassin every time, and we just perma-focused them. Plenty of aoe made a good few other random mobs die too, but it’s really just about taking down the assassins. It was rather easy once we got that.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Got to 99% last night before Magg got killed by assassins. Every following try we did worse til we finally gave up.

Course it was our first time in there and most of us are in greens/yellows and I have no idea how people’s builds were (I was running d/d bunker ele). It was a fun fight, really challenging for us, just didn’t have the focus I guess to pull it off.

Honestly if it was as simple as AEing everything down (like the post above me shows in the old version of it) we’d have beat it, but the assassins stealth til they’re almost on him and it’s easy for people to miss them (and they require focusing down). Not to mention it only takes two stabs to kill Magg.

If you can’t AoE focus the new event mobs down, you wouldn’t have stood a chance with the old one. Pay attention, read mob names and whoever spots the assassins calls target on him right away. Then quick focusfire and repeat. Don’t worry that much about the regular mobs, except the ones with the hammer, since CC can be pretty annoying.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I like the new event, though I do wish they mobs didn’t knock down so much.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Azrael.9873

Azrael.9873

Did it last night after a few tries. Staff Ele in full tank gear traits in an AoE build. Basically don’t stop moving around and burn kitten down ASAP.

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Whoofe.7643

Whoofe.7643

just did this for 1st time with the new changes

well done Anet. made the mission much funner & somewhat challenging at the same time

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It is fun and gives me the same heart racing moment with pugs.

If Anet kept it like this at the beginning, there wouldn’t even be any need for res rushing.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Now that’s what I call a dungeon. Not a fun-fair like it used to be. Died like 10+ times trying to figure it out with my guild mates and eventually we did it. We high fived each other in our imaginations and then whacked the crystal thing and went out satisfied.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

CoF Path 2 Magg

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

I play a thief, my friend (who I often dungeon with), plays a warrior. We usually fill our group with 3 randoms. We have had no trouble with the new CoF, or any of the new fractals. One of the things we do that you may want to consider is might stacks. Longbow on the warrior can lay down a fire field, and with cluster bomb from a shortbow, can get like 18 stacks of might off of the 1 field. That’s without any assistance from any other party members. And it’s aoe. Up your damage for defending magg, get some aoe. The best crowd control is making sure nothing is alive to fight back.

Tier 1 Casual