CoF is useless without a pre made party?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: explocion.9450

explocion.9450

Q:

Maybe its just my server (Isle of Janthir) but everyone in front of the dun is always afking and when you do land a party its 95% of the time filled with idiot and i mean idiot that refuse to listen to any guidance given to them.

Since my writing is horrible i will just list things to make it easier:

• After the update their is less and less people trying to get a party
    -The 5- 7 people that are their afk…
    -Must wait for sometimes up to 10+ minutes for a party to form
    -The event that does not allow you to enter the dun is failed a lot of times because no one is their to help
  • Personally i have landed 1 good party out of 10 that i have just left… resons:
    1-wipe in first set of spiders and refuse to hit the nest
    2-wipe in the 2nd set of spiders because they refuse to hit nest…
    3-don’t understand that magg is not glitched in lava part and instead think they can just not cross with everyone….
    4-refuse to listen and start kittening about how they know how to play
    *The only good party i landed after leaving so many party was a group of 4 friends that had never ran the dun before… i get on mumble with them and we cleared it 2s without a problem all.

What my point/question is their any plans on integrating a better party search for dun where if we kick a total jerk out we dont have to go out and wait another 10+ minutes to find another person?

Edit: I enjoy working towards my goals witch is to get the full set and i dont mind the amount of token needed or that they made Magg a bit longer and less reward in fact i find it more entertaining to do 2 of each exp mode… the point of this post is to ask you guys if you agree with whats going on with trying to get a party and if you think their should be a better system implemented …. I understand some of you may say o its meant for pre made partys but my friends are not always on… and if i get stuck with a jerk i dont think its worth having to exit the dun to get a new player and go back in …. its just not worth the time and effort…

reasons: you land a jerk and you kick him by the time you go out to find someone else your party might brake up then getting another party together and starting all over it just becomes a hole 1 hour lost and so on…

(edited by explocion.9450)

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Give some time to people to get over it and forget how easy it was.. after a while, people will learn to organize and coordinate, choose skills wisely and complete the runs.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

Cof Magg is still very easy with new or old players. The problem is that no one feels dungeons are worth paying for so the players that you do have on hand are..well, not optimal.

Posted by: ariod.1078

ariod.1078

Good players don’t want to grind on something so ridiculously difficult. If the dungeons are gonna be that hard then they should not be 45 runs for a set of armor. Grind and difficulty dont go hand in hand…. and hey! what the heck happened to the mmo manifesto?
“Nobody likes grinding, Nobody thinks it’s fun!” – Colin Johanson, MMO-manifesto.

Posted by: Whitenight.5106

Whitenight.5106

only CoF magg run is cost/time effective for the exotics…
so I doubt anyone else would grind any other explorable…so the only dungeon gw2 endgame that is worth doing is CoF. They need to balance up the dungeons so ever dungeon are being used.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Explorable dungeons we’re made with pre-made well organised groups in mind. Not PUGs and you force yourself to grind not the game. Getting the gear is about Aesthetic value and aren’t required for you to enjoy the game to it’s maximum potential.

To grind would suggest you’re doing something you dislike in order to gain something you need. You don’t NEED the gear and it’s there for those wishing to show their achievement and experience but to be fair even so the amount of tokens required is a bit steep though not impossible.

Just do the dungeon when you feel like doing it and eventually you’ll get all the armour pieces with time. I’ve been gathering so many AC tokens now just from helping guild members out without even trying to collect them.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Xlore.9234

Xlore.9234

First of all.
You don’t need to do the dungeons.
Second of all the token count on armor is fine since you do not need to do the dungeons.
and lastly. Stop doing pugs.
This whole section of the forums is ridiculous.
You can go craft armor for the same stats as the dungeon armor.
You don’t need it, and if you do want it, you obviously have a reason to go get the tokens.
There is no grind because i would hope you aren’t trying to do something you don’t find fun.
Should stop playing if you’re doing that.

Posted by: Pandemonium.6453

Pandemonium.6453

Has anyone ever done the kaboomium part with out doing the chain death? Id like to see a video.

Posted by: tjockis.3798

tjockis.3798

only CoF magg run is cost/time effective for the exotics…
so I doubt anyone else would grind any other explorable…so the only dungeon gw2 endgame that is worth doing is CoF. They need to balance up the dungeons so ever dungeon are being used.

Why the need for grinding all the time? Do the explorable, different ones, and in time you will have your tokens. Its not like its hard to get crafted gears with the same stats on it. How about having fun while skipping the grind-feeling? I do all explorables so i dont get tierd of doing the same old magg just so i can get fast CoF-set and look like everyone else that grind… And guess what? I still get the dungeon-exotics – in time. Untill then i use crafted sets. Try play the game that way. Who knows, you might like it and enjoy it a bit more?

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

First of all.
Second of all the token count on armor is fine since you do not need to do the dungeons.
You don’t need it, and if you do want it, you obviously have a reason to go get the tokens.
There is no grind because i would hope you aren’t trying to do something you don’t find fun.

that doesn’t even make sense.

Xlore.9234

First of all.

What part do you not get?

Gray.9650

To grind would suggest you’re doing something you dislike in order to gain something you need. You don’t NEED the gear and it’s there for those wishing to show their achievement and experience but to be fair even so the amount of tokens required is a bit steep though not impossible.

well, I already said it in another post, but when it’s cosmetics only why does it matter if it’s a long grind or not? who’s gonna hurt if someone else runs around in cool armor?

the armor as “achievement” currently simply shows you have a lot of time spend in that dungeon. it doesn’t say anything how good you performed on these runs or how long it took – just that you did it enough times to have the required number of tokens. what type of achievement is this?

Xlore.9234

well, I already said it in another post, but when it’s cosmetics only why does it matter if it’s a long grind or not? who’s gonna hurt if someone else runs around in cool armor?

the armor as “achievement” currently simply shows you have a lot of time spend in that dungeon. it doesn’t say anything how good you performed on these runs or how long it took – just that you did it enough times to have the required number of tokens. what type of achievement is this?

why does it have to be an achievement?
Why can’t it be just someone getting armor they want?

Gray.9650

First of all.

well, the whole post is hogwash, but “Second of all the token count on armor is fine since you do not need to do the dungeons.” is probably my favourite.

I know what you want to say, but you didn’t really accomplish it with that post.

Gray.9650

he said it’s an achievement, not me. that’s why I quoted his message.

Xlore.9234

First of all.

well, the whole post is hogwash, but “Second of all the token count on armor is fine since you do not need to do the dungeons.” is probably my favourite.

I know what you want to say, but you didn’t really accomplish it with that post.

I am kind of tired.
I apologize. At least you understood.
in regards to your other reply, I guess i should be directing my post at the other person for saying achievement.

(edited by Xlore.9234)

Fay.2735

he said it’s an achievement, not me. that’s why I quoted his message.

She* not he… and if you read my message I was referring to the sense of experience. Someone whose done the same dungeon many times is someone who is experienced doing that dungeon and obviously possesses at least some skill (Granted there are still a lot of balancing fixes to be made so the paths are more equal in difficulty)

but that’s the statement the gear was intended to make ‘Look I’ve done this dungeon many times and know it inside out’. It’s also the same reason why CoF armour is now no longer a statement of experience or skill because of the easy farming path it had.

It’s also why I mentioned that I agree that the amount of tokens for the entire set is a bit steep as you shouldn’t need to do a dungeon quite that often to be experienced with it but even so with time it’s doable. Either way it’s optional and so if you grind for it and hating the experience then maybe you should consider that the aesthetic quality isn’t worth your lack of enjoyment of the game and find something more suited to do instead (Maybe a different dungeon to mix things up or not do it every day 20 times a day).

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

explocion.9450

wtf are you guys talking about im not grinding the dun i actually like doing it over and over I enjoy working towards my goals witch is to get the full set and i dont mind the amount of token needed or that they made Magg a bit longer and less reward in fact i find it more entertaining to do 2 of each exp mode… the point of this post is to ask you guys if you agree with whats going on with trying to get a party and if you think their should be a better system implemented …. I understand some of you may say o its meant for pre made partys but my friends are not always on… and if i get stuck with a jerk i dont think its worth having to exit the dun to get a new player and go back in …. its just not worth the time and effort…

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

you can rarely pug end game content in any game anyway.

Fay.2735

you can rarely pug end game content in any game anyway.

This is a very good point really. In other games you generally get Raids/Ops and similar as end game content where as dungeons are the easier practice leading up to doing this type of content.

So now a lot of people with previous MMO experience have the idea instilled in them that dungeons are meant to be easy and so when they are put in a dungeon setting but with raid difficulty they immediately feel it’s too difficult rather than treating it like a raid style setting. Especially with the lack of distinction between the story mode and explorable mode people easily overlook this difference.

PUGs in Raids in various games have always been a guaranteed fail 9 times out of 10 but people don’t complain nearly as much about this because it’s well known that these are intended for pre-made well organised groups.

As for difficulty finding groups for explorables… I suppose a similar idea would apply as raid type material where you find a reliable group of people you can stick with to always do dungeons with and even set certain times to meet up (I tend to do dungeons with the same people from my guild).

(edited by Fay.2735)

explocion.9450

well to a game that brings strangers together to complete events I dont see why I cant go into a dun without having to wait hours for my friends to get online….

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

This isn’t like other mmos where instances take 20+ people. Pugging will get better as people get more experienced with the dungeons, just like in Guild Wars 1 IIRC.
..and also when there are less bugs. Like the room the butcher(HotW) is in not being solid, and the poor hit detection on graveling burrows in AC.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Regardless of the number of people in them explorable modes are raids, not dungeons.

They are meant for guild’s, not pugs.

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

“Raids” that don’t require a lot of people seem to end up being pugged just fine after a while, as in Guild Wars 1. The biggest wall for pugs is normally finding enough people to actually run the dungeon, and being locked to an instance.

(edited by Gorge Express.7163)

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

LOL pugs in GW1 you could take in all heros and do just fine.

Posted by: Kurzick.6375

Kurzick.6375

I don’t think people understand the meaning of “grind”
100+ runs for full armor and 2 sets of weapon to get all the tokens you need.
Now 100 runs no matter if you do it in a year or a week is still a “grind”

Grind= doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over…… get my point yet?……. over and over and over

Now just like Grey.9650 said what does it matter if its only a skin, and as of now there is no prestige tied to these dungeon sets just says to the next person beside you that you had a lot of free time, the dungeons are not even that hard mostly broken mechanics so there is no feeling of achievements obtaining the dungeon skins, nobody in LA gonna whisper you while you stand at the Mystic Forge “hey man nice armor you a pro player man”