CoF survives!

CoF survives!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Lets be happy that we still have the option to farm gold here.

CoF survives!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Yeah, you go ahead and smash your face against your keyboard for money and feel good about it.

In the meantime, I’ll be in Arah, being broke.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

CoF survives!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

In the meantime, I’ll be in Arah, making lots of money.

:D

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

CoF survives!

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Sadly.

/15char

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

CoF survives!

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Sadly.

/15char

CoF survives!

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Yeah, you go ahead and smash your face against your keyboard for money and feel good about it.

Why do people hate so much on poeple farming cof? I agree there are quite some idiots you can meet there, but there are nice people farming too. If you want to farm gold the hard way, fine, no one forces you to do cof if you don’t like it.

CoF survives!

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Why do people hate so much on poeple farming cof? I agree there are quite some idiots you can meet there, but there are nice people farming too. If you want to farm gold the hard way, fine, no one forces you to do cof if you don’t like it.

Because the notion of farming gold in a game where it has no real value, is ridiculous at best.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

CoF survives!

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I’m not surprised. They just said they won’t change dungeon without a good story behind it. Next time when you hear a living story about flame legion, it may be time to start worrying.

CoF survives!

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

CoF survives!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

^ This. Inflation caused is screwing the rest of us over.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

CoF survives!

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The value of gold has stayed pretty much the same for months, unless you’re harkening back to a time when everyone farmed Orr and few did dungeons

Further, it’s your choice to do gold-inefficient runs, don’t hate anyone else for your decisions, except for maybe anet for not implementing better rewards for other dungeons

CoF survives!

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

There has been no appreciable inflation since January.

Retired. Too many casuals.

CoF survives!

swiftpaw.6397

The value of gold has stayed pretty much the same for months, unless you’re harkening back to a time when everyone farmed Orr and few did dungeons

Further, it’s your choice to do gold-inefficient runs, don’t hate anyone else for your decisions, except for maybe anet for not implementing better rewards for other dungeons

Assuming I hate people >_>

CoF survives!

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Better this way.

At least i’m sure that a good bunch of ppl i do not want to party with can be easily avoided by doing something different than cof.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

CoF survives!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Because I don’t think the easiest dungeon in the game should be the most rewarding and the fact that scrubs and sh*tters make more money by doing something a trained monkey can do better than most PUGs than I do by actually doing challenging content just strokes me the wrong way.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

CoF survives!

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I spent over half of my game time in CoF and this was before i even had tried arah or SE or any other dungeon apart from AC/CoF. I spent a solid 3-4 months farming that dungeon and now that i have stopped and started doing other dungeons for fun i realized how depressing it is at the end of the day where I ran random dungeons for fun but end up with less then half the gold i would have just farming CoF all day. Just kinda depressing knowing that im making less then 50% what i was making before doing harder content…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

CoF survives!

swiftpaw.6397

I don’t hate these ppl, I am indifferent. Let them stay there Means they aren’t bothering me in the other dungeons. They will be in for a rude shock when that dungeon gets the nerf lol. I do however, enjoy the angry responses anyone who doesn’t like cof farm gets for voicing their opinion.

CoF survives!

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

Honestly, blame ANet for balancing the dungeons like a monkey with nails in his brain would.

AC, the ’’starting’’ dungeon, is one of the more difficult dungeons in the game while CoF and CoE (‘’end-game’’ dungeons) are kitten easy due to how the boss fights are designed. They need to either balance the dungeons properly or they need to start tweaking dungeons. And, oh no, that doesn’t draw in money? Boo frickin’ hoo, Anet, that’s what keeps customers in for the long run.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

CoF survives!

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Why do people hate so much on poeple farming cof?

Same reason smart yet conservative people hate the Government just printing endless amounts of money to “pay debt” instead of “budgeting” expenditures carefully. It just makes everything COST MORE for the rest of us. Very little of that money is actually goldsinked. It stays in the system for a long time when it just goes straight into the TPost for junk like legendary components & gem trade

There has been no appreciable inflation since January.

Please post the source & considerations in your CPI’ing, thanks…

(edited by ilr.9675)

CoF survives!

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I was happy back then when players farmed CS. I believe the dungeons are the end-game, the difficult stuff …. you know the things where you need your brain. I think all hardcore farmers are working on legendary because I just cannot get any motivation to keep running same kitten for hours when money comes easy enough just doing the things you enjoy.

CoF survives!

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Because I don’t think the easiest dungeon in the game should be the most rewarding and the fact that scrubs and sh*tters make more money by doing something a trained monkey can do better than most PUGs than I do by actually doing challenging content just strokes me the wrong way.

First: What makes you think cof rewards you the best? Afaik all dungeons give same rewards (that is same amount of money and tokens). Actually, if you want to go into details, you should be able to make more money PER run doing CoE then CoF, since cores are way more expensive and also you get way more loot in CoE.

Second: Cof is not by far easiest dunegon. CoE is very easy too. You just need to know the drill. Same as for CoF. You can still fail miserably in cof if you get crap party. (slave driver, acolytes and final bos wipes are easy with lame party). So CoE is not hard at all, it just takes more time to complete.

Third: People do CoF for money because it’s the best way to get money. Now if that’s the funniest or not doesn’t matter in this discussion. It’s simply the fastest way. If anet would make cof harder, people would just switch to next best thing.

I farm cof from time to time and yeah it gets boring and yeah i’ve met some crazy people that are now on my block list. But that doesn’t mean cof farmers are bad people that others should hate. Some poeple just don’t wanna spend time in something that is less rewarding if they have a “better” choice. It’s not really their fault tbh, it’s more of anet, because they haven’t balanced stuff. It’s also bad rewards all over the game. You must know people have different goals here. Some of them just want to kill stuff, do content and others maybe have done content already or not, doesn’t matter, but they want legendary or something else that is expensive. So what they gonna do? Go farm? You can’t farm, loot is pathetic. For those people the other aspects of the game are simply not rewarding enough.
I’m pretty much in the same boat. When i want something and it’s costly, i’ll go do some dungeons to make money. I won’t go do hearts (that i’ve done) or do events, farm mobs etc. Sorry but if i’m gonna focus my time on earning gold i’m gonna choose best option for earning gold. When i feel i wanna have fun, i’ll choose something else then cof.

Ok, sorry for long post, but the important thing is it’s prettymuch anet’s fault. The game is not rewarding enough, if it would be, not all “gold runners” would run cof all the time.

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

CoF survives!

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

It’s true, if anet doesn’t balance the difficulty, then why should they balance the rewards?

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

CoF survives!

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Let them keep CoF. I’ll be in CoE making real money.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]