CoF1 extra challenging, 8min without armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

Our guild, Dragons In Exile, started with a new guild event on Thursday, our Weekly Challenge with prizes and leaderboards. First up was CoF1 without armor. Looks like we will have to come up with harder challenges. But it sure was fun!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1fv7a0/cof1_extra_challenging_8_minute_run_without_armor/

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

I think we know what needs nerfing now.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m sorry, even without armor I am not impressed by any COF P1 run. Path is just way to easy.

But congrats on coming up with an innovative guild activity!

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Yeah, I did it before for fun. There was hardly any difference…

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I think we know what needs nerfing now.

Don’t worry, Anet is nerfing guards after watching this.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

next: no armor AND no traits!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

even better… no armour, no traits and equip main hand sword only and must use skill 4 and 5.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

New challenge!

Start a new Charr character and run from Plains of Ashford to Gates of Arah.

You aren’t allowed to buy new gear, use traits or utilities, use speed buffs or use Asura gates. First one to arah wins!

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

An ANET dev will watch this then nerf Orr some more.

Posted by: InPhamouZ.9732

InPhamouZ.9732

lol

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Not “without armor”. At 7 minutes in you have a helmet, shoulders and gloves equipped. Their appearance is just turned off.

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Not “without armor”. At 7 minutes in you have a helmet, shoulders and gloves equipped. Their appearance is just turned off.

@op…..Burn!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

^ busted XD

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

It’s sad how true this statement is.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: literalirony.7591

literalirony.7591

Seriously… what the hell?

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

Honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is with some of you that COF path 1 is easy. So what?

It gives lousy players (like me) or casual players a dungeon they can run without dying 6 times.

Why is that a big deal? Seriously…I want to understand….

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Proves how “important” Berserker’s gear is to finish this all-too-easy path. :P Really, the obsession with specific gear a few have is unneeded in this game, though I understand it is their right to play with “pro” gear and party with equally “pro-geared” players (though of course even seven minutes would be too much for that kind of playstyle preference.)

Sadly, I don’t know if this Dungeon can be fixed without having a huge uproar about how ANet doesn’t let players play “the way they want”. It is grossly unbalanced, though, and clearly needs a fix, whether it will ever be touched or left alone.

Star Ace.5207

Honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is with some of you that COF path 1 is easy. So what?

It gives lousy players (like me) or casual players a dungeon they can run without dying 6 times.

Well, it is just almost exploit-like vs almost any other Dungeon. It makes it so way fewer people want to play any other Dungeon, and I honestly don’t believe the majority plays CoF 1 because it is “fun”, but rather because they can get faster rewards with the least hassle possible that way-even without the 4 so-called “Zerk” Warriors/“Zerk” Mesmer configuration.

Of course not all Dungeons need to be uber difficult, or of identical difficulty, but CoF 1 is obviously too easy for the majority of players. Further, the other Dungeons are NOT that kittence you learn then well-they just may take longer.

I would seriously consider rebalancing most Dungeon paths if I was ANet, to be honest with you, to address the current state of the PvE game and its players’ tendencies.

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

A cof run without three pieces of armor? impressive.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

The issue is said easy/quick dungeon path can generate a disproportionate amount of gold compared to pretty much everything else in the game.

Being able to generate the largest returns in the game (aside from possibly the TP), from a dungeon which can be speed run through in under 10 minutes wearing only half an armour set. Well it’s not a great set up is it, especially as we see everything else getting the kitten nerfed out of it.

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

I have certainly not done every dungeon, but I have done several of them.

I see your point about balance issues, and with a zerker warrior/guardian group I agree you can blow through COF path 1 pretty fast.

However with a PUG group containing a ranger and a couple of thieves/necros/whatever I don’t think COF path 1 is as easy as some say. I have been in several PUGs that struggled a bit to finish it. I have died in COF 1…in a couple of places. Like not running away from the acolyte mobs fast enough…or choking on the rolling stones puzzle. And I have been in groups that wiped on the final boss.

I know the reponse will be “well you and those groups sucked”….and I know we did. But that is sort of my point…some of the people who play this game are not particularly skilled.

For logistic and scheduling reasons nearly all my dungeon play has been in PUGs…and it would be nice if there were a few dungeons to run that would not be brain damage when you are running a PUG with rangers, a thief, a necro….and maybe a couple of players who are not level 80.

I think it would be logical if all the dungeons had path 1 relatively easy…then two and three getting progressively more difficult. Something like that.

I don’t think COF path 1 is too laughably easy unless you are doing it in a specialized group dedicated to speed running it. But in that case, I think there are many easy dungeons. SE paths 1 and 3 for example…

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

New challenge!

Start a new Charr character and run from Plains of Ashford to Gates of Arah.

You aren’t allowed to buy new gear, use traits or utilities, use speed buffs or use Asura gates. First one to arah wins!

I did that with my warrior last year when I rolled him.

Very, very hard.

Very easy to die.

Also ran to Claw of Jormag teleport spots from the dredge tunnel. This was easier. Not much but easier.

I just wanted to see if I could do it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Areann’s name will forever be in the muds with that 3 piece (head shoulders hands) =D

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Just how easy can GW2 get?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No HUD                     

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Yargesh.4965

No HUD                     

That actually would be pretty cool to see.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

No HUD                     

ctrl-shift-h will hide your UI completely and you can play without it.

Yargesh.4965

No HUD                     

yes I know, but I am garbage at playing with just keyboard so seeing someone do a run without HUD would be cool.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

No HUD                     

yes I know, but I am garbage at playing with just keyboard so seeing someone do a run without HUD would be cool.

I’m pretty sure I could do a run without a hud…but not in 8 minutes, I think.

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

@7:03
you got Helm/Shoulder/Gloves on but hide them + back piece and all the jewelries…if u said playing naked yeah were naked…but without armor? lies x.x

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Dear devs, not everyone wants to farm cof p1 repeatedly to get some cash. Add alternative farm spots for us to choose. with the latest cursed shore nerf it became impossible to get some cash from there.(btw, cursed shore was already worse than cof p1 to make cash before the nerf)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Dear devs, not everyone wants to farm cof p1 repeatedly to get some cash. Add alternative farm spots for us to choose. with the latest cursed shore nerf it became impossible to get some cash from there.(btw, cursed shore was already worse than cof p1 to make cash before the nerf)

How about not farming and just playing the game?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

After seeing this video I think it is clear that we need to nerf some more farming spots in Orr.

Posted by: Shaterz.2703

Shaterz.2703

lol you only took 3 items off… trolls spotted

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Hmm, Syndicate…

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Those guys are probably dungeon masters, master carvers or something. Normal players wipe in cof 1 full exotic gear on. Those rolling stones one hit you.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

CoF 1’s main problem is not that it’s too easy. it’s just too short. Should be made harder, but the actual length is the problem. Why they have allowed it to remain in the game as is for so long is worrisome. They fixed all the AC paths – why is CoF their golden child?

Star Ace.5207

CoF 1’s main problem is not that it’s too easy. it’s just too short. Should be made harder, but the actual length is the problem. Why they have allowed it to remain in the game as is for so long is worrisome. They fixed all the AC paths – why is CoF their golden child?

I agree that their reluctance of dealing with the problem is more problematic than just addressing it. People WILL complain, but the longer it’s left untouched, is almost like CoF1 receiving backing from ANet as the one cash cow to exploit on GW2-which is not good for their game, so I am pretty shocked at them being so hesitant to fix it.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

For the 1000th time, people will always look for the quickest path to grind. It has nothing to do with CoF being special. It’s just the fastest path. Once it’s nerfed there are plenty of other quick paths all the cof farmers will move to, therefore it will solve nothing. And it won’t make these cof players suddenly spread out into other dungeons. Also I thought people complained how bad the cof farmers were? You people need to get your story straight Oh and cof path 1 without 3 pieces of gear on… ummm… grats? LOL

[DnT]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

After seeing this video I think it is clear that we need to nerf some more farming spots in Orr.

Oh so true.

It’s sad, but so true.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Proves how “important” Berserker’s gear is to finish this all-too-easy path. :P

You don’t really understand farming, do you? It’s not about “finishing” the path, it’s about having multiple, successive, fastest runs for hours to gain the maximum amount of gold.

Anyone can finish the path, anyone but what farmers want is to gain gold efficiently.

Even if they nerfed CoF p1, there will still be a more efficient way to run dungeons. Someday a patch might change it and it might not be zerker anymore. But people who want efficiency will make a new meta, and there will always be a meta that is more efficient than some random group set up.

As of now, zerker exotic is still the fastest way to clear all dungeons. That includes FOTM 48, where we only use one anchor guardian in knight. The other guardian is zerker dps.

This post should be like the ten commandments. At least try to understand something before you criticize it. Not everyone (in fact, a huge minority) goes in with the sole intent of completing the dungeon.

[DnT]