Coagulated "stuff" drop rate

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Arwyn.5486

Arwyn.5486

Maybe this is newb and maybe this has been addressed in another thread, but maybe too try to read this as an “average” player’s take on this.

So I’m FOTM lvl 11. I’ve got no AR right now, and I’m a bit squishy being an ele and as mentioned an “average” player. So I’ve been grinding lvl 10 dailies. I usually have time to do 1, maybe 2 fractal runs. I’m learning the strats but I don’t have tons of time to research. I’m not a twitch gamer so I probably have average responsive skills but I do learn and once I do, I know what I’m doing.

In about 3 weeks of getting to lvl 11 and grinding lvl 10 dailies, I’ve gotten 4 coagulated vials and 1 glob.

Yesterday a legendary tier 1 ring dropped.

How am I supposed to upgrade the ring to actually gain some AR (and hence move past lvl 11) with out having to relentlessly grind 1-10 fractals to get more coagulated “stuff” to upgrade? Or I can spend 75 relics to get +5AR to only then waste it when I actually want to upgrade it?

This seems seriously wacked and anti-casual player. What am I missing? Thank you for not being rude in advance.

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Upgrading a ring takes 1 Shard, 3 Globs and 5 vials + the ring.

You can purchase an agony resistance infusion for 75 relics and place it straight into your ring, and you’ll have 5 agony resistance. You won’t be able to upgrade your ring unless you farm globs and mystic-forge them to a shard, as shards only drop at 20+

And not to be rude, but this part of the game wasn’t designed to be that casual. It was meant for those who seek a hardcore challenge (grind?)

Keep in mind, that at level 20+, you’ll have a chance to get an already-infused ring, so in the end you might not even need to upgrade a ring. You could be lucky and get an already upgraded ring later on.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

If your not planing on moving ahead I would suggest spending the 75 relics. Stay doing daily runs. You will build enough relics to replace what you have lost in no time. It’s better to have some AR then none at all. I would also suggest you check out the blog on Dulfy.net. http://dulfy.net/2012/11/17/gw2-ascended-gear-and-infusion-recipes/#1. You can learn a lot about the fractals from here.

Posted by: Arwyn.5486

Arwyn.5486

“Upgrading a ring takes 1 Shard, 3 Globs and 5 vials + the ring.
You can purchase an agony resistance infusion for 75 relics and place it straight into your ring, and you’ll have 5 agony resistance. "

Thanks but this was already covered in my post. I know the recipe upgrade off of wiki. “Stuff” was kind of a joke.

“If you’re not planing on moving ahead…” I want to move ahead, hence my post. I’d rather not grind endlessly at ~lvl 10 to get a daily pristine, or 1-9 at the rare chance of a coagulated drop.

To get past 11 (or level 15 really) is supposed to be a hardcore challenge? I would offer feedback that this is unrealistic. Maybe getting past level 20 or 30 ok… but getting a basic amount of AR to advance past 10, without wasting relics that you need for a back piece just doesn’t seem right… I’d like my effort, albeit casual, to be rewarded with some advancement.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hah that’s one thing I don’t like about fractals. I haven’t delved too deep past lvl 20 but I’m getting all this junk and I don’t know what to do with it…and there doesn’t seem to be any specific in-game hint of what I should do with any of it. I think I’ve gotten about 120 globs left now, I don’t have many rings but the ones my main fractal character uses have the +5 AR in them and am close to getting my back piece infused (I think) but yeah, that’s just from what seemed the most obvious in game.

All the ascended material is rather ambiguous but maybe there’s an NPC I should have spoken to to help me get a bigger clue.

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

“Upgrading a ring takes 1 Shard, 3 Globs and 5 vials + the ring.
You can purchase an agony resistance infusion for 75 relics and place it straight into your ring, and you’ll have 5 agony resistance. "

Thanks but this was already covered in my post. I know the recipe upgrade off of wiki. “Stuff” was kind of a joke.

“If you’re not planing on moving ahead…” I want to move ahead, hence my post. I’d rather not grind endlessly at ~lvl 10 to get a daily pristine, or 1-9 at the rare chance of a coagulated drop.

To get past 11 (or level 15 really) is supposed to be a hardcore challenge? I would offer feedback that this is unrealistic. Maybe getting past level 20 or 30 ok… but getting a basic amount of AR to advance past 10, without wasting relics that you need for a back piece just doesn’t seem right… I’d like my effort, albeit casual, to be rewarded with some advancement.

Basically here’s your choices: You can grind 1300 relics + an additional 500, and then another 75 to get 5 Agony resistance. Or you can just fill in your rings.

10 Agony Resistance will get you to level 20. The cheapest price you’ll get is 150 relics. Which is 2 runs at level 20. Probably a bit more at 10.

150 relics for 10 agony resistance is hardly anything at all.
I’m certain you have quite a lot more relics than 150, by getting to level 10.

At 20+, upgraded rings will drop, meaning you can get a total of 20 agony resistance from your rings alone.

(edited by Rika.7249)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The agony at level 10 is really no different at 19.

And 75 relics for a versatile infusion is nothing. If you do fractals enough, you will be swimming in fractal relics with nothing to spend them on.

Infuse your ring with the simple +5 AR and you can comfortably do levels 10-19. And eventually, it shouldn’t be that hard to achieve +15 AR around level 20.

You will obtain a second ring from daily chest or by purchasing with pristine relics. Purchase a fractal capacitor backpiece with fractal relics, ascend it in the MF, then stick a cheap +5 simple versatile infusion in it.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Hah that’s one thing I don’t like about fractals. I haven’t delved too deep past lvl 20 but I’m getting all this junk and I don’t know what to do with it…and there doesn’t seem to be any specific in-game hint of what I should do with any of it. I think I’ve gotten about 120 globs left now, I don’t have many rings but the ones my main fractal character uses have the +5 AR in them and am close to getting my back piece infused (I think) but yeah, that’s just from what seemed the most obvious in game.

All the ascended material is rather ambiguous but maybe there’s an NPC I should have spoken to to help me get a bigger clue.

Unless you plan on going much above the 20s in fractals, infusing your backpiece is not really worth the cost. It will cost you 250 globs of ecto (along with other items) to infuse your backpiece. Not worth it if you are not running high level fractals.

You can already get +25 AR real easily with 2 infused rings with +5 versatile infusions, and an ascended backpiece with +5 versatil infusion. This will be plenty for doing any level in the 20s, maybe even into the 30s.

Leo G.4501

At 20+, upgraded rings will drop, meaning you can get a total of 20 agony resistance from your rings alone.

It sounds like the intent was you’re not meant to be ‘all set’ regarding your resistance to agony right off the start of a new bracket. I.e. you won’t really get anything for agony resists until you start facing it past lvl 10. With a bit of repeat in this bracket, you can get 10 agony resist but if you want to gain more before entering the next bracket, you’ll have to grind a bit harder. By lvl 20, it’s easy to have +10 which is enough to play at lvl 20 but tough to get past it.

And like you said, by the end of the 20s, you’ll have access to +20 to +25 but I’m unsure if that’s ‘enough’ to play at lvl 30. I’d assume you don’t need max agony resist just to play lvl 30.

Leo G.4501

PS: Thanks for the advice. Making a mental note of all this.