Collosus Rumblus- Destroying the Mounds in Lovers Crypt

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

This event feels a bit.. day and night.

I’ve done it a couple of times now, and well, the time I did it today, was amazing, easy and smooth.

The time I did it a few days ago was a nightmare.

Why?
This event punishes conditions players, and praises DD players.

Now, today I ran with a group that consisted of:

GS DD Warrior
DD Thief
DD Grenadier Engineer- Me
DD Grenadier Engineer- Other guy
Minion Master Necro

And during the time, the necro had a DC, and we only had 4 players. Well it was so smooth and so efficient, that every time a mound opened, we all literally ran to it and cleared it in under 10 seconds, with huge AoE from the warrior and engineers, killing the enemies and the mound. And then waiting a few seconds for the last one. Not a single downing, not a single scratch on the pylons.

During the last 10% we just waited for the event to finish since no mounds would spawn, with just 4 players.

Now contrast this with a run I did 2 days ago, where a large part of the group was more conditions orientated, and we wiped 3 times, and got it on the 4th with one of the pylons falling.

I really think Arenanet need to make the burrows suffer from condition damage. Maybe raise their health a bit to compensate for the extra damage they can take too.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Didn’t have a frost bow ele…shame.

Just messing, but that doesn’t resemble my experience at all. I’m traited into survivability with mostly healing, toughness, vit, attunement recharge, and cond damage. When I did it we had to toy with our utilities a bit, but once we hit that sweet spot, we did it with ease.

Make sure your allies weren’t getting that hitbox bug, many ranged attacks will simply miss the burrows and its a real pain to deal with.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Didn’t have a frost bow ele…shame.

With frost bow ele you can kill the mobs way before the event ends and wait around for it to finish…however have done this even with 0 ele and not had issue either just requires more effort.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

Just get a ranger with triple traps, and watch those groups explode in seconds.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I think I remember them saying they are working on how conditions affect objects. Hope it’s sooner than later because right now condition damage is worthless for anything other than killing mobs/players.

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

It feels like this portion is very biased against Mesmers. How is a Mesmer supposed to be an asset in this fight? You have to be moving when you melee so our multi-hit skill with the sword doesn’t work and the mounds are immune to condition damage. It seems like the devs didn’t think this part through. Have any Mesmer players cleared this event successfully?

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It feels like this portion is very biased against Mesmers. How is a Mesmer supposed to be an asset in this fight? You have to be moving when you melee so our multi-hit skill with the sword doesn’t work and the mounds are immune to condition damage. It seems like the devs didn’t think this part through. Have any Mesmer players cleared this event successfully?

Use your abilities to help kite and defend. Continuously summon clones next to defense points (either the NPC or the reactors, depending) and attract the gravelings away from them. Then cond/kite the big guys as much as possible.

You may not be able to add tons of direct damage to the fight, but if things are going to last a little longer, you can definitely contribute to the defensive aspect of the event.

I’ve often had an easier time in dungeons with a mesmer specifically because they confuse the AI and take hits away from the rest of the team.